+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Congrats!

You won't receive an email until 1 or 2 weeks before the ceremony. So, you can expect the email sometime in the first/second week of March.

Could you also please provide the following information to complete your entry in the spreadsheet?

The date you took the test, Date Prohibitions was set to "Completed" ? Thanks.
Got it thanks!

I took the test on 10th of Sept and the test was set to complete on 13th Sept. Everything except test and BG was set to complete today

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Yeah... we are canceling the trip and minimizing any money loss there. We thought about trying to reschedule the ceremony, but after this much time waiting, we are better off doing the oath now and travel later.
I would do the same. After this much waiting, the idea of rescheduling is very painful..

(Parabéns pela grande conquista Rafael! ;) )

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure, I will.
You are right, calling the IRCC call center is total wastage of time. They don't have insight on what is happening in the local IRCC office. When I told the customer service executive about my GCMS notes, she said I have the same information as you have :)
I have again applied for GCMS note to see if anything changed in last couple of months.
Btw, in other forums I found people, applied in June-July 2020 in Saskatchewan, completed their oath ceremony, or scheduled for same for Nov-Dec.
Just thought to update you. Looks like SK OFFICE IS FINALLY WORKING. Got an update to write the citizenship test. App was updated today. Yours should be updated soon.
All the best!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
@rajkamalmohanram can you please update the spreadsheet to show my test date was today onwards please? I did it today. My number on spreadsheet is 130. Thank you!

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Looks like Saskatchewan office woke up after a deep sleep. My tracker has been updated today, with test window between December 1st and 22nd, Email yet to come.

Reactions: MaryC

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Just thought to update you. Looks like SK OFFICE IS FINALLY WORKING. Got an update to write the citizenship test. App was updated today. Yours should be updated soon.
All the best!
Thanks. Saw your post now. Mine has been updated too!!!

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, it's done. I gave up on trying to wait for in-person ceremonies, as I can't see any positive changes happening on pandemic restrictions in the short term.

The ceremony was yesterday, attended by 73 people (~40 Zoom connections). Apparently, there were people from other Maritime provinces as well, but I can't say for sure. They really put some effort to make it a special moment for us, so it wasn't awful at all. Well, except for the part where we wait for one hour, awkwardly staring at each other's faces. And people singing O Canada with their mics unmuted...

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
So, it's done. I gave up on trying to wait for in-person ceremonies, as I can't see any positive changes happening on pandemic restrictions in the short term.

The ceremony was yesterday, attended by 73 people (~40 Zoom connections). Apparently, there were people from other Maritime provinces as well, but I can't say for sure. They really put some effort to make it a special moment for us, so it wasn't awful at all. Well, except for the part where we wait for one hour, awkwardly staring at each other's faces. And people singing O Canada with their mics unmuted...
Congratulations on the ceremony. I agree they do make an effort to make it special. We had a couple of families with young kids, and the judge did make an extra effort to engage with them and make them feel special.

I guess they do it differently every time. We were asked to remain in the waiting room the whole time after registration, so we were awkwardly staring at the bank screen :).

Reactions: Skywalker_RT

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
On another note, my status on the new tracker is now showing Closed for all of us and Complete on ECAS.

We had signed and emailed the signed oath confirmations as soon as the the ceremony was completed.

For those with minor children on their applications, the status on the tracker for our son shows Closed, with an additional update stating that Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed. SO don't worry if those are showing Not Started or In Process while you wait for the oath.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Good choice. It is certainly a meaningful day, whether done in-person or online IMO. As long as you feel happy and proud for making it this far and appreciate the fact that you're now Canadian - those are the only things that matter. You don't have to be physically present to feel those things IMO.

Congrats and all the best!

Last edited: