+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello. I received an update in June 2021 changing my Citizenship Test status into In Progress but until now, I havent received any test invitation yet. Anyone else with the same situation? Should I use the webform?
Application Received: September 2020
AOR: December 2020
BG completed: March 2021
Citizenship Test updated to In Progress: June 2021
Please help… thank you.
That's weird. Did your citizenship test go into "Scheduled" and did you see a test window on the dashboard? If not, that's really weird. Try calling them, not sure if they are still stuck with Afghan crisis. Order GCMS notes as well.

limejuice

Mar 28, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Nomination.....
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
Med's Done....
24-06-2016
Passport Req..
in God's perfect time! 21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2016
LANDED..........
March 2017
That's weird. Did your citizenship test go into "Scheduled" and did you see a test window on the dashboard? If not, that's really weird. Try calling them, not sure if they are still stuck with Afghan crisis. Order GCMS notes as well.
Thanks for your response rajkamalmohanram. It never changed, it is stuck to "In Progress" since June 2021. I don't see a test window on the dashboard too. Do you mind sharing a link on how to do the GCMS notes? I am thinking to submit a webform.

highmadness

Dec 30, 2016
Yes there will be a change to "In Progress". When CIC sends a test link, the timieline would also show as "citizenship Test activity status updated"
Thanks annapatram. My status still remains "Not Started". Any idea why this is not was started for this long?

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Hey! We sent the passport copies via replying to Mississauga Office's email. Have you done the same? We are still waiting for DM
Yeah that's what you need to do. Scarborough applicants need to send physical copies though..

DM can take from a few days to over a month.. it took 3 weeks for me (Scarborough office though)

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Yeah that's what you need to do. Scarborough applicants need to send physical copies though..

DM can take from a few days to over a month.. it took 3 weeks for me (Scarborough office though)
for me it took 3 months after test to DM. it was too long and its too frustrating. Now i don't know when i will schedule for the Oath i hear it also take 1 to 3 months for seclude and after schedule it took another 1 to 3 months to oath day.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Hi,
I am SEP 2020 application and my Oath ceremony is scheduled on 28th Oct. I have an urgent need for which I need to travel soon.
Is there anyone that submitted for "Urgent Processing" after the oath ceremony date is confirmed? Just want to know the process for it. I am a SRB applicant. I am just looking for a way to get my Oath ceremony completed sooner if possible so I can get a E-Visa and travel.

Can we send the email to the same address that's listed on the test invite email?

IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC AT cic.gc.ca
Anyone with any info?
Also, can you please provide which email address from which we get notified about Oath details? My oath is on 28th OCT but did not receive anything yet. I want to reach out to the local Scarborough office and get the oath date preponed if possible. Pls help with the email address...

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
for me it took 3 months after test to DM. it was too long and its too frustrating. Now i don't know when i will schedule for the Oath i hear it also take 1 to 3 months for seclude and after schedule it took another 1 to 3 months to oath day.
I understand it can be frustrating. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do but wait.. iRCC is super unpredictable. You can find solace in the fact that atleast u received the DM.. there are so many who have completed the test as early as April, and then radio silence. Atleast your application is approved. You'll get an oath date soon. Good luck

Reactions: smilysmoke19

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
I understand it can be frustrating. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do but wait.. iRCC is super unpredictable. You can find solace in the fact that atleast u received the DM.. there are so many who have completed the test as early as April, and then radio silence. Atleast your application is approved. You'll get an oath date soon. Good luck
Thank you for your kind words i hope this process will end soon .
Good luck for everything

Reactions: nv0411

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Anyone with any info?
Also, can you please provide which email address from which we get notified about Oath details? My oath is on 28th OCT but did not receive anything yet. I want to reach out to the local Scarborough office and get the oath date preponed if possible. Pls help with the email address...
Anyone with any info??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Anyone with any info?
You'll receive an email only about a week or two before the ceremony so that's normal.

Unless it is absolutely necessary (an unavoidable emergency, for example), I wouldn't recommend postponing oath as there is no guarantee you'll get another date soon. You can respond to the email once you receive it and get the oath ceremony postponed if you really want to do that.