+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
You'll receive an email only about a week or two before the ceremony so that's normal.

Unless it is absolutely necessary (an unavoidable emergency, for example), I wouldn't recommend postponing oath as there is no guarantee you'll get another date soon. You can respond to the email once you receive it and get the oath ceremony postponed if you really want to do that.
Thank you.
But I would like to prepone it. Not postpone. Is that possible??

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Thank you.
As soon as you get the email, try to contact them.
But to be honest, unless you have proof of a real emergency, I doubt it will be possible. But you can always try, who knows..

My opinion: You're very very lucky to have been scheduled for oath this soon. If they can't have a date that better suits you, don't postpone it, unless something very serious forces you to. God knows when they will contact you again with a new date.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Thank you.
Hi, I don't think this is possible because it takes them AT LEAST 2 weeks to reply to your requests, which would then make your date almost there. Unless it's a serious emergency, I advise you to keep the date the same. It's not like it's in 6 months from now like some other members have. It's in 3 weeks. People here dream of a date this soon :)

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Raj do you think mississauga office sends oath invites just once a week? So if someone got an invite today meaning rest of the week they won't send any invite,

MAT9

Nov 1, 2018
Congrats! I've updated the spreadsheet.
Hi Raj
I had applied for the UP and when I received the GCMS notes in the correspondence section for UP in notes it is mentioned that Status: Provided what does it mean. In my transferred file section it is mentioned Location : Registry ,what does it mean. Thanks in advance

best_67

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi Everyone.

I applied for my citizenship application in Sep 2020. I and x-spouse separated nov 2020. She made allegation that I push her. We both called 911 on our separation day. but she made the allegation for pushing her. which i never did. but I was charged by assault 266CC. Case is still open and my trial is in December. So my x-spouse didnot want me to citizen because she sponsorsed in Canada and now our marriage ended. So my citizenship test was done. Today I got the letter from IRCC that they will not processing my application becuase I was charged by domestic assault, They need the letter of explaination and wants court detail for my case which is

The document(s) must indicate the following information:
 Type of offence: summary or indictable.
 Court decision: conviction, discharge, or other (e.g. Not Criminally Responsible).
 Sentence imposed: probation, fine, jail term, etc.
 A criminal docket is not an acceptable document.
 If you received a conditional discharge, you must provide confirmation of this fact and
the terms of the discharge, i.e. length of probation.
 If the case is still pending and the charge is Crown elect (i.e., the offence is a hybrid
offence), we must know if the Crown has made a decision yet on how the case will
proceed (i.e. summarily or by indictment). This information may be on the Court
Information Sheet, or you may also have to send us your Charge Screening Form.
 If the charge has been stayed, you must obtain documentation from the court indicating
that the charge was summary, or confirmation from the Crown that the charge will not be
re-activated.
 If you were acquitted, you must provide confirmation of this fact.

I am not sure what to do. Please help me

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone.

I applied for my citizenship application in Sep 2020. I and x-spouse separated nov 2020. She made allegation that I push her. We both called 911 on our separation day. but she made the allegation for pushing her. which i never did. but I was charged by assault 266CC. Case is still open and my trial is in December. So my x-spouse didnot want me to citizen because she sponsorsed in Canada and now our marriage ended. So my citizenship test was done. Today I got the letter from IRCC that they will not processing my application becuase I was charged by domestic assault, They need the letter of explaination and wants court detail for my case which is

 Court decision: conviction, discharge, or other (e.g. Not Criminally Responsible).
 If you received a conditional discharge, you must provide confirmation of this fact and
 If the case is still pending and the charge is Crown elect (i.e., the offence is a hybrid
offence), we must know if the Crown has made a decision yet on how the case will
 If the charge has been stayed, you must obtain documentation from the court indicating
that the charge was summary, or confirmation from the Crown that the charge will not be
re-activated.

Thanks
Get a lawyer as you need to address each point.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj
I had applied for the UP and when I received the GCMS notes in the correspondence section for UP in notes it is mentioned that Status: Provided what does it mean. In my transferred file section it is mentioned Location : Registry ,what does it mean. Thanks in advance
It just means the file is awaiting some action by an officer? Generally, the notes should tell if you if your Urgent processing is approved or not.

Check the details I have shared from my notes here =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9685445

It shows how the status changed and the details about my UP approval.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone.

re-activated.

Thanks
This is unfortunate. You should really lawyer up and seek legal assistance. This is not my cup of tea but I think the file might be on hold until your trial is complete and a verdict is issued. If you are found not guilty, there shouldn't be an issue.

But please take this up with your lawyer, this isn't something the members of the forum can properly help you with.