+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

girgir

Sep 16, 2020
I got Decision Made 3 months ago today. No updates on the Oath ceremony.
Montreal office.

I check the tracker several times a day. Can't wait to get this done! This is emotionally draining..
Anyone out there from Montreal office?
Montreal applicant here. DM 3 months ago, no movement on the tracker since then.

• Sad
Reactions: MaryC

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi All,

My status has been updated where everything Language Skills, Background Verification, Physical Presence, Citizenship Test are set to Completed, but Prohibitions is 'In Progress' and Citizenship ceremony is 'Not Started'. I know they had requested for PCC for one period where I was outside Canada for more than 183 days. I obtained USA FBI PCC and sent it via email.

Just want to confirm the Prohibitions is related to PCC. Anyone in the same boat or gone thru or knows this scenario .. requesting your opinion.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am still preparing for test and how can i take test fo i have to email them which date i want to take test. They give me oct10 as last day for this
No, you do NOT have to email them the date you have to take the test. Who told you that? You can take the test on any date at any time within the test window.

The only time you'll have to email them is if you are outside Canada - You should just let them know you are outside Canada by replying to the email ID in the attachment that comes with the test invite email.

Reactions: Amberhargun

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

My status has been updated where everything Language Skills, Background Verification, Physical Presence, Citizenship Test are set to Completed, but Prohibitions is 'In Progress' and Citizenship ceremony is 'Not Started'. I know they had requested for PCC for one period where I was outside Canada for more than 183 days. I obtained USA FBI PCC and sent it via email.

Just want to confirm the Prohibitions is related to PCC. Anyone in the same boat or gone thru or knows this scenario .. requesting your opinion.

Thanks
This happens to some people where everything but oath and prohibitions are set to "Completed" and "Prohibitions" is set to "Completed" at a later date.

It is likely that you'll soon see an update.

Good luck!

Reactions: johnbro

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Is CIC working today ? (Truth and Reconciliation Day)

Btw - It is my application's 1st birthday today. I should cut a cake.

Reactions: Stuntxd9

highmadness

Dec 30, 2016
Hello, I sent my application on 25th Sep 2020 from Brampton. I received my AOR in 21st Dec 2020. My Background status completed on Mar 17th, then no progress. I did not get the test link at all. I ordered for GCMS notes by July and got it by end of August. I see its not stuck anywhere the only thing is there are no updates on it.

Even though we submitted as a family application, only my wife and Kid got their AOR in email (used same email address for all of us), where as I didnt receive any email for AOR. I was able to find and register my AOR number by entering sequencial numbers to my wife and kid's AOR number (increasing/decreasing by 1).

All of our test status is still "Not Started" - will there be a status change if test link is sent? or will it actually change only on starting the test?

This just creates a doubt whether they sent the test link and it didnt reach me or it was not sent at all??

Tried raising it as an urgent case, no reply yet. Unable to reach Mississauga office. completely clueless on what to do next.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hello, I sent my application on 25th Sep 2020 from Brampton. I received my AOR in 21st Dec 2020. My Background status completed on Mar 17th, then no progress. I did not get the test link at all. I ordered for GCMS notes by July and got it by end of August. I see its not stuck anywhere the only thing is there are no updates on it.

Even though we submitted as a family application, only my wife and Kid got their AOR in email (used same email address for all of us), where as I didnt receive any email for AOR. I was able to find and register my AOR number by entering sequencial numbers to my wife and kid's AOR number (increasing/decreasing by 1).

All of our test status is still "Not Started" - will there be a status change if test link is sent? or will it actually change only on starting the test?

This just creates a doubt whether they sent the test link and it didnt reach me or it was not sent at all??

Tried raising it as an urgent case, no reply yet. Unable to reach Mississauga office. completely clueless on what to do next.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!
Yes there will be a change to "In Progress". When CIC sends a test link, the timieline would also show as "citizenship Test activity status updated"

abd123

Sep 30, 2021
Hi,
All the steps are green/completed in my tracker since July, except for citizenship ceremony it is on not started. I am an applicant from montreal.
1. What are the the next steps?
2. How much time do i have to wait approximately, until i have citizenship ceremony?
3. How do i know which office is treating my application. Does it make a difference, are some faster than others?
Thank you!

limejuice

Mar 28, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Nomination.....
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
Med's Done....
24-06-2016
Passport Req..
in God's perfect time! 21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2016
LANDED..........
March 2017
Hello. I received an update in June 2021 changing my Citizenship Test status into In Progress but until now, I havent received any test invitation yet. Anyone else with the same situation? Should I use the webform?
Application Received: September 2020
AOR: December 2020
BG completed: March 2021
Citizenship Test updated to In Progress: June 2021
Please help… thank you.