Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Folks something really weird just happened... 10 weeks ago, my profile was updated with an oath date for March 2022. However, I log in today, and that update line item has disappeared. Instead it just says oath in progress. All other items completed and DM on old ECAS portal. Anyone witnessed this or heard about it?

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I always tried in US/India or took prints by own(i mean other family member will roll my fingers on the ink to get the prints on paper).
I always send multiple sets of prints from different agencies/locations so that one of the prints is good. Try this way so that it will readable.

Also what i noticed is that they finally replaced that intelligent system (thats when they transitioned from old processing times) which were not reading prints if its even slightly illegible. So i dont think we have that much rejection rate anymore. So get it from 2(or even 3) fingerprint locations in Canada and you should be fine.
Thanks @harirajmohan for your quick response to my request.

For others in future who may read here, the thread (below link) has some suggestions of agencies that do the Finger printing in and around Toronto. I used Red Seal Notary (ink based) in Mississauga (50 Burnamthorpe .. just south of Square One mall). This one (https://fingerscan.ca/contact-us/) does electronic finger printing and its in Toronto (Scarbourough).. I plan to go there tomorrow morning for another set.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fbi-police-clearance-certificate-from-toronto-canada.690728/

Last edited:
Reactions: harirajmohan

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hey! My application is at Mississauga office and we have the exact timeline except we don't have the decision made yet. Could you please let me know if you sent the scanned copies of passports via replying to their email? This is what we did and never got any response from them.
Just my experience, I submitted my passport color copies and never received any confirmation. Then I asked in this forum and sent a web form asking if my passport copies from my email reply is updated on my file and, if it is not requested them to please use the attached copy in the web form and add it to my application, and after 1.5 weeks got a response to web form 'be assured we will update the attachments from the web form to your file'. I don't know if it was done from email or not but they prolly updated the attachment from web form to my application.
Thanks

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
On average what's the wait time after DM?
The wait time for an oath date to be supplied? Or the actual oath to occur?

Oath date given is usually fairly quick, maybe a few days?

When the oath date is varies wildly and seemingly randomly, from a month away to 6 months away.

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
I meant after DM on average when do they update tracker with an oath date? Even if the date is after 6 months

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hi all,

My tracker status has not been updated since July when Fingerprints were submitted, and my spouse's not been updated since April (BG completed in March, no FP request for her).

I see in the spreadsheet that many a people who had similar or even later dates for BG completition and FP submission have already gotten test invites and have moved forward.

Any pointers as to why it could be taking that long?

Regards

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
I received my GCMS note today (in 32 days). It says current file location is "File Review Ready". Does anyone know what it means?
[Previous locations in the reverse chronological order are Test Ready, Grant Review Ready, PFR, Registry, In Transit]
Btw, no test invite yet, nor the status tracker is updated since March..

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Finally! I got DM this morning, all sections of my application are green except for Citizenship Ceremony. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone with admin rights to Excel spreadsheet could update my entry.
Congrats, were you asked to provide copy of your passports?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
And finally, my tracker shows all sections Green. ECAS shows DM. Now the wait for Oath invitation begins. :D

Here's hoping we all get through this soon. Good luck!
I got DM today, all section has been turned to green except Oath, the oath is in progress, and my oath will be on Nov 27. (Scarborough Office )
Congratulations!

@bunutu I have updated the spreadsheet!

Reactions: Hot2Cold and bunutu