+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I posted a reply with picture URLs (IRCC request for supplementary evidence) on here. It says waiting moderator approval .. usually how long before moderator approves or do I need to send a note ? Thanks

wink

May 25, 2021
I posted a reply with picture URLs (IRCC request for supplementary evidence) on here. It says waiting moderator approval .. usually how long before moderator approves or do I need to send a note ? Thanks
What was your country of origin just before moving to Canada as PR? US or India? You seems to be not very sure of the days you stayed in US. You used the phrase "as I recall". Wondering why is that. Don't have stamp on the passport to be sure? or how about enter/exit records from CBP?

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
What was your country of origin just before moving to Canada as PR? US or India? You seems to be not very sure of the days you stayed in US. You used the phrase "as I recall". Wondering why is that. Don't have stamp on the passport to be sure? or how about enter/exit records from CBP?
Thanks. I looked up my physical presence calculator sheet submitted and it has a line with absence of 189 days (USA visit).
So you can see my earlier post with the screenshots ? cause for me i see a message on top of the post that reads " This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."
Great, I thinkyou are able see the screenshots of the email attachment (CIT 0520) in my earlier post, then can you please tell me if I only have to submit 'PCC' as that's the only item checked (highlighted in Yellow) .... the rest of them like Paystubs, Rental Agreements, educational, health records are NOT checked. I just want to be sure I only need to submit the line item thats checked ? Or do I need to submit others check those line items and include this attachment with the docs ?
Also, I read on FBI website to get PCC from USA (FBI) we need to provide finger prints that can be submitted electronically or by mail. But Red Seal Notary company (recommended in another thread) said, they do NOT submit, they only do the finger prints on the card and I have to submit. Has anyone submitted it electronically ?

Edit1: My country of origin was USA I came thru land border crossing.

Thanks

Last edited:

Micho

Dec 8, 2020
Hello dears,
Any body from Montreal office had his oath date , in all 2020 applicants ??
Thank you.

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hello dears,
Any body from Montreal office had his oath date , in all 2020 applicants ??
Thank you.
I checked the spreadsheet after reading your post, and now I'm very worried. I don't find anyone in the entire 2020. Oh God..

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
I am just about to take my test and for ID I was going to use my PR card.

The instructions say

A photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
o your permanent resident (PR) card (even if it’s expired) or
o a valid government issued photo ID

However my PR card does not have a signature on it. It obviously has my name, UCI, photo etc. Has anyone noticed this?
I used my PR card.

MoreTokens123

Aug 4, 2021
Hi guys, I lost a job opportunity yesterday because I wasn't a Canadian. Is there suggestions on what I should do when communicating to IRCC for urgent processing for other opportunities, or is it too late?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys, I lost a job opportunity yesterday because I wasn't a Canadian. Is there suggestions on what I should do when communicating to IRCC for urgent processing for other opportunities, or is it too late?
If there are prospects that you'll get this job back if you are a Canadian citizen, submit a webform request with proof that you lost this job yesterday and all supporting documents and a letter explaining why you are requesting urgent processing.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi All,

I received an email this morning with an attachment titled - Request for Supplementary Evidence (see screenshot below)

My questions are:
1) Only the 'Other' option is checked (highlighted yellow) which states I stayed outside Canada for longer than 183 days, do I only provide PCC or do I need to provide rental agreements, paystubs, health records etc and check (tick) them if I provide it ?
2) I stayed outside Canada for longer than 183 days in a row, but as I recall I stayed very close to 183 days in USA but not longer between the dates they have mentioned '2020-09-21' to '2015-09-21'. But recently I stayed in India for longer than 6 months from 2020-12-28 to 21-07-04 but these are outside. So I am not sure if I should provide PCC from USA or India .. or is it better to provide PCC from both countries ?
3) Any knows how to obtain USA Police Clearance Certificate from Canada. Also, if I can obtain PCC from Indian Consulate in Canada or my family has to get it from India from local police station ?
4) I had rental agreement for only one residence I stayed at, at most other places I paid cash as rent .. will this create a problem ?
5) For line item 'For Entry-Exit Records / Record of Movement from [COUNTRY] during the above time period.' - do I provide color photocopy of my passport ? I already submitted color photocopy of all pages including the certified translations ?
6) Is this request for evidence now going to make my application non-routine ?

Thanks for the help
Just wondering if anyone can answer the questions (at least question 1) on this post of mine when you have a chance. Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just wondering if anyone can answer the questions (at least question 1) on this post of mine when you have a chance. Thanks
1. You only have to provide documentation they are asking for (PCCs for countries where you have stayed for 183 days or more).
2. In this case, get an Indian PCC and submit it. At the same time, apply for a US PCC and submit the proof that you've applied for a FBI PCC as well, just in case they need it. You can submit the FBI PCC once you receive it.
3. I'm not sure. You can maybe ask @harirajmohan
4. They aren't asking you for rent agreements so don't submit that.
5. Again, they haven't asked for that so you don't have to submit that.
6. Unlikely as this is just a PCC request. This isn't exactly a RQ IMO.

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
how is this possible? unless it was for a government position? i thought that being PR meant we were eligible for any job here?

wink

May 25, 2021
Looks like you stayed in US more than 183 days after becoming PR. Did you submit PCC from India and/or US along with your application? If not, wondering why. Is it because you miscalculated the days or overlooked the number of days? Just trying to understand your thought process, so that it would help others who are in similar situation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
how is this possible? unless it was for a government position? i thought that being PR meant we were eligible for any job here?
Nope. There are certain jobs to which only Canadian citizens can apply to. For example, jobs with CSIS and Communications Security Establishment, some jobs with FINTRAC etc all have a mandatory requirement that says only Canadian Citizens can apply.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
1. You only have to provide documentation they are asking for (PCCs for countries where you have stayed for 183 days or more).
2. In this case, get an Indian PCC and submit it. At the same time, apply for a US PCC and submit the proof that you've applied for a FBI PCC as well, just in case they need it. You can submit the FBI PCC once you receive it.
3. I'm not sure. You can maybe ask @harirajmohan
4. They aren't asking you for rent agreements so don't submit that.
5. Again, they haven't asked for that so you don't have to submit that.
6. Unlikely as this is just a PCC request. This isn't exactly a RQ IMO.
Thanks much Raj .. I owe you one lunch. Will order Uber once everything gets settled :)

• Haha
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Hi,
I am SEP 2020 application and my Oath ceremony is scheduled on 28th Oct. I have an urgent need for which I need to travel soon.
Is there anyone that submitted for "Urgent Processing" after the oath ceremony date is confirmed? Just want to know the process for it. I am a SRB applicant. I am just looking for a way to get my Oath ceremony completed sooner if possible so I can get a E-Visa and travel.

Can we send the email to the same address that's listed on the test invite email?

IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC AT cic.gc.ca