+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
1. You only have to provide documentation they are asking for (PCCs for countries where you have stayed for 183 days or more).
2. In this case, get an Indian PCC and submit it. At the same time, apply for a US PCC and submit the proof that you've applied for a FBI PCC as well, just in case they need it. You can submit the FBI PCC once you receive it.
3. I'm not sure. You can maybe ask @harirajmohan
4. They aren't asking you for rent agreements so don't submit that.
5. Again, they haven't asked for that so you don't have to submit that.
6. Unlikely as this is just a PCC request. This isn't exactly a RQ IMO.
Hi @harirajmohan .. can you please help answer my original question #3 about getting PCC of USA (FBI) from Canada the fastest way ? I got the finger prints done at Red Seal Notary (with ink roll) but I read a few older posts that it can be done electronically and sent electronically as well but can't seem to get a confirmation from the agency that they do submit electronically. Do you know the fastest way to get PCC from USA (FBI). Please advice. Thanks

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Just wondering if anyone can answer the questions (at least question 1) on this post of mine when you have a chance. Thanks
You can submit your PCC request from FBI using the link below.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Create an account and complete 18$ payment, Go to any fingerprinting service and have them take your fingerprints on the FBI card. Mail the fingerprint card along with online payment confirmation to FBI in West virginia. You can view the results online once they have it or they will send a copy to your mailing address as well. Please note that a copy from online is as good as the mail copy.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi @harirajmohan .. can you please help answer my original question #3 about getting PCC of USA (FBI) from Canada the fastest way ? I got the finger prints done at Red Seal Notary (with ink roll) but I read a few older posts that it can be done electronically and sent electronically as well but can't seem to get a confirmation from the agency that they do submit electronically. Do you know the fastest way to get PCC from USA (FBI). Please advice. Thanks
Create account. Pay the fee. I think its the option1.
Take the prints. Send it to them.
As far as i remember, the fingerprint office sent it by post(which is the only delay) and i got the results within 1-2 days of prints received at fbi.

You cant submit it electronically since you are not citizen of US.

wink

May 25, 2021
Create account. Pay the fee. I think its the option1.
Take the prints. Send it to them.
As far as i remember, the fingerprint office sent it by post(which is the only delay) and i got the results within 1-2 days of prints received at fbi.

You cant submit it electronically since you are not citizen of US.
Appreciate if you could say where you did your finger prints. I have experience in the past (during PR process) that twice they sent me response saying finger prints are not legible and every time I sent another set, it took couple of months. I tried both live caption and manual. So, appreciate if you could information on where you got your finger prints done. Thanks.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Appreciate if you could say where you did your finger prints. I have experience in the past (during PR process) that twice they sent me response saying finger prints are not legible and every time I sent another set, it took couple of months. I tried both live caption and manual. So, appreciate if you could information on where you got your finger prints done. Thanks.
I always tried in US/India or took prints by own(i mean other family member will roll my fingers on the ink to get the prints on paper).
I always send multiple sets of prints from different agencies/locations so that one of the prints is good. Try this way so that it will readable.

Also what i noticed is that they finally replaced that intelligent system (thats when they transitioned from old processing times) which were not reading prints if its even slightly illegible. So i dont think we have that much rejection rate anymore. So get it from 2(or even 3) fingerprint locations in Canada and you should be fine.

wink

May 25, 2021
I always tried in US/India or took prints by own(i mean other family member will roll my fingers on the ink to get the prints on paper).
I always send multiple sets of prints from different agencies/locations so that one of the prints is good. Try this way so that it will readable.

Also what i noticed is that they finally replaced that intelligent system (thats when they transitioned from old processing times) which were not reading prints if its even slightly illegible. So i dont think we have that much rejection rate anymore. So get it from 2(or even 3) fingerprint locations in Canada and you should be fine.
Thanks. Yes, that's what I did finally, sent five sets of cards taken from five different places :)

Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks. Yes, that's what I did finally, sent five sets of cards taken from five different places :)
Earlier yes we had to do like this till 2015, me too was sending from 3-4 places.
But last year i just used only one location, it was ok. So you should be good.

Reactions: johnbro and wink

galaes

Feb 23, 2017
Hi,
An update:
Sent scanned Passport copies for my two family members on July 15, 2021
Status got updated today (Sep 27, 2021 to all complete and decision made.
Hey! My application is at Mississauga office and we have the exact timeline except we don't have the decision made yet. Could you please let me know if you sent the scanned copies of passports via replying to their email? This is what we did and never got any response from them.

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hey! My application is at Mississauga office and we have the exact timeline except we don't have the decision made yet. Could you please let me know if you sent the scanned copies of passports via replying to their email? This is what we did and never got any response from them.
Hi,
We are also from Mississauga office, sent scanned copies by replying to their email, never got an acknowledgment, it seems they just restarted processing regular applications, it took almost 2 1/2 months to get an update, hopefully you will get yours soon.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
You can submit your PCC request from FBI using the link below.

Create an account and complete 18$ payment, Go to any fingerprinting service and have them take your fingerprints on the FBI card. Mail the fingerprint card along with online payment confirmation to FBI in West virginia. You can view the results online once they have it or they will send a copy to your mailing address as well. Please note that a copy from online is as good as the mail copy.
Thanks Mexontario