Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Congratulation, I got my invitation for test and I will do it tomorrow.
How was it? was it difficult, I did practice tests and I score high with them
Hi. I found it fairly easy and I only studied for about a day. Read the book, everything is in there. If you consistently score high in mock tests then you will be fine. You my not get one or two, but the test is not hard enough to fail if you know most of the important stuff.

Know the anthem, your provincial MLA, MP, riding name, things that you probably have no need to know until you are a citizen. The test gives you the opportunity to review your answers before final submission, so I got through the test in 3 minutes - but then I went back through all the questions and took a mental note of how many I was 100% on - which came to about 18, with the other 2 maybe 85% sure. If you get over 15 you have passed, so 15 is as good as 20.

Ask yourself if you feel confident, and if you do, go for it!

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
HI Everyone

I did my citizenship test and submitted finger print in July 2021. Today I loggin to portal to check my status, I found below message but I dont get any email or mail. I am not sure what are documents they are requesting and why they mentioned Final notice?

Sep 18, 2020 Additional information required: Final notice

We sent you a final letter or email requesting additional information. Check the letter or email we sent for more details.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
HI Everyone

I did my citizenship test and submitted finger print in July 2021. Today I loggin to portal to check my status, I found below message but I dont get any email or mail. I am not sure what are documents they are requesting and why they mentioned Final notice?

Sep 18, 2020 Additional information required: Final notice

We sent you a final letter or email requesting additional information. Check the letter or email we sent for more details.
Did you check your spam mail? There is a small chance that you received passport request via email and that went straight to spam.

There is also a chance that this is a bug.

I suggest that you call IRCC and see if they sent you any email.

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Did you check your spam mail? There is a small chance that you received passport request via email and that went straight to spam.

There is also a chance that this is a bug.

I suggest that you call IRCC and see if they sent you any email.
Thank you for your reply
Yes, I did check my spam folder and didnot found any email. Its citizenship application why they will ask for passport request? I will wait 2-3days then calling to IRCC. What is IRCC number?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for your reply
Yes, I did check my spam folder and didnot found any email. Its citizenship application why they will ask for passport request? I will wait 2-3days then calling to IRCC. What is IRCC number?
Passport pages request is pretty routine and most applicants do receive it.

+1-888-242-2100 is their number.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
You will likely get "Decision Made" in about a month or so (hopefully). And then the wait for oath begins.

Wish you the best, keep us posted.
Hi Raj,

I am almost 3 months from Test complete date. Do we have any metric which is showing ppl from Sep2020 being moved to DM in about 3 months. I know noone can tell but are we seeing some pattern anywhere ? just curious

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj,

I am almost 3 months from Test complete date. Do we have any metric which is showing ppl from Sep2020 being moved to DM in about 3 months. I know noone can tell but are we seeing some pattern anywhere ? just curious
I guess you can check the stats on the spreadsheet, specifically this sheet =>

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1723141943

It shows the average time from test -> DM . The average for September 2020 is 50 days and the maximum is 127 days (based on 46 data points).

Reactions: johnbro

Vivre_au_Quebec

Mar 2, 2017
Status update: received passport pages request. It’s been exactly a year since delivery of my application package. I was hoping for decision made at this stage but no…

Application (Single) sent: September 21, 2020
Application Received: September 23, 2020
Days: 1114
AOR: 23 January 2021 (in ECAS only, AOR via email received on 1 February 2021)
In process: 3 March 2021
Application status update on 9 July: scheduled for citizenship test
Test window: 23 July to 12 August
Test invite: 20 July 2021
Test date: 24 July (test passed)
Status tracker update: 27 July - citizenship test status updated to “completed”
Passport pages request: 23 September 2021 (submitted passport scans the same day to Montreal office)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Status update: received passport pages request. It’s been exactly a year since delivery of my application package. I was hoping for decision made at this stage but no…

Application (Single) sent: September 21, 2020
Application Received: September 23, 2020
Days: 1114
AOR: 23 January 2021 (in ECAS only, AOR via email received on 1 February 2021)
In process: 3 March 2021
Application status update on 9 July: scheduled for citizenship test
Test window: 23 July to 12 August
Test invite: 20 July 2021
Test date: 24 July (test passed)
Status tracker update: 27 July - citizenship test status updated to “completed”
Passport pages request: 23 September 2021 (submitted passport scans the same day to Montreal office)
I've updated the spreadsheet.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi All,

I received an email this morning with an attachment titled - Request for Supplementary Evidence (see screenshot below)

My questions are:
1) Only the 'Other' option is checked (highlighted yellow) which states I stayed outside Canada for longer than 183 days, do I only provide PCC or do I need to provide rental agreements, paystubs, health records etc and check (tick) them if I provide it ?
2) I stayed outside Canada for longer than 183 days in a row, but as I recall I stayed very close to 183 days in USA but not longer between the dates they have mentioned '2020-09-21' to '2015-09-21'. But recently I stayed in India for longer than 6 months from 2020-12-28 to 21-07-04 but these are outside. So I am not sure if I should provide PCC from USA or India .. or is it better to provide PCC from both countries ?
3) Any knows how to obtain USA Police Clearance Certificate from Canada. Also, if I can obtain PCC from Indian Consulate in Canada or my family has to get it from India from local police station ?
4) I had rental agreement for only one residence I stayed at, at most other places I paid cash as rent .. will this create a problem ?
5) For line item 'For Entry-Exit Records / Record of Movement from [COUNTRY] during the above time period.' - do I provide color photocopy of my passport ? I already submitted color photocopy of all pages including the certified translations ?
6) Is this request for evidence now going to make my application non-routine ?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Hi. I found it fairly easy and I only studied for about a day. Read the book, everything is in there. If you consistently score high in mock tests then you will be fine. You my not get one or two, but the test is not hard enough to fail if you know most of the important stuff.

Know the anthem, your provincial MLA, MP, riding name, things that you probably have no need to know until you are a citizen. The test gives you the opportunity to review your answers before final submission, so I got through the test in 3 minutes - but then I went back through all the questions and took a mental note of how many I was 100% on - which came to about 18, with the other 2 maybe 85% sure. If you get over 15 you have passed, so 15 is as good as 20.

Ask yourself if you feel confident, and if you do, go for it!
Thanks, I did it today and I got 18/20 :)

Now waiting game hopefully in a month I hear back from them.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi All,

I have a reply already with the email from IRCC pics which are yet to be approved by moderator. In the meantime posting without the images .. here we go

I received an email this morning with an attachment titled - Request for Supplementary Evidence (see screenshot below) ..

Letter contents:
Title: "NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE"
" Dear Client
You are receiving this notice because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) needs more detailed information from you to determine if you meet the physical presence requirement to become a Canadian Citizen.

You must provide the required documents within 30 days from the date of this notice. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions to treat this application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not providing the information requested. It is therefore very important that you contact IRCC if you cannot gather the required information within this timeframe. You may contact IRCC by contacting us at the address found on this notice.

The requirement to provide additional information or evidence when requested can be found in section 23.1 of the Citizenship Act.

DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED

Please send the required documents by e-mail within 30 days from the date of this notice to the address above along with a copy of this letter.

Please provide photocopies of your documents (unless originals are being requested).
All photocopies will be placed on file and will not be returned to you. You may be asked to present your original documents at a later

date, or other documents may be requested later.

Note: Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by:
 the English or French translation; and
 an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.
An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit. Translations by family members are not acceptable.
The documents you provide should cover the period from 2020-09-21 to 2015-09-21, unless otherwise specified below.
☐ Choose an item passports and/or travel documents that were valid between [YYYY-MM-DD] and [YYYY-MM-DD], even if now
expired. If photocopies are requested, you must provide a colour photocopy of every page.
Note: All passport stamps and entries, including visas and permits, must be translated into English or French. This includes any entries
that fall outside of the period stated above.

• Rental agreements, leases or mortgage documents.
    ☐ Record of employment or pay stubs for all jobs held during the above time period.

☐ Official education records for all educational institutions attended during the period stated above.

Official education records are:
     report cards; or
     transcripts; or
     attendance records.
    The records must cover each calendar year, if applicable. It is sufficient to submit one official education document per calendar year of schooling during the relevant period.
    ☐ Official education records for your minor children for all educational institutions they attended during the period stated above.
    Provide the records of all children in Canada or abroad who were under the age of 18 at the time you submitted your application, even if you did not apply for Canadian citizenship on their behalf. You must also provide documents for any children who are already Canadian citizens, if applicable.
    Note: Student identification cards and letters from institutions, teachers, and principals are not accepted as official education records. For example, an official transcript from an educational institution would satisfy this requirement. A letter from an institution is only acceptable in the following two circumstances:
    1. Your child has recently enrolled in school and a report card has not yet been issued.
    2. Your child is being homeschooled.

• If any of your children under the age of 18 were home schooled, you must submit photocopies of written proof of registration as determined by the respective Ministry of Education in the province or territory in which you live.

☐ Provincial/Territorial personal health claim summary: Please provide a copy of Provincial/Territorial Personal Health Claims Summary for each province/territory you have resided in during the period [YYYY-MM-DD] to [YYYY-MM-DD].

For information on how to obtain these records, please visit www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/delivery-prestation/ptrole/index-eng.php and click on the province or territory of residence for complete details and contact information.

☐ Entry-Exit Records / Record of Movement from [COUNTRY] during the above time period.

☒ Other:

- Please be advised you spent over 183 days or more in a row outside Canada. As a result you are being requested to provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183days or more in a row. If you cannot get a police certificate, tell us why and provide any supporting documents where applicable.

Thank you,
    Agent XX
    Citizenship Official
    Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PAGE 2 OF 2

My questions are:
1) Only the 'Other' option is checked (highlighted yellow) which states I stayed outside Canada for longer than 183 days, do I only provide PCC or do I need to provide rental agreements, paystubs, health records etc and check (tick) them if I provide it ?
2) I stayed outside Canada for longer than 183 days in a row, but as I recall I stayed very close to 183 days in USA but not longer between the dates they have mentioned '2020-09-21' to '2015-09-21'. But recently I stayed in India for longer than 6 months from 2020-12-28 to 21-07-04 but these are outside the requested dates. So I am not sure if I should provide PCC from USA or India .. or is it better to provide PCC from both countries ?
3) Any knows how to obtain USA Police Clearance Certificate from Canada. Also, if I can obtain PCC from Indian Consulate in Canada or my family has to get it from India from local police station ?
4) I had rental agreement for only one residence I stayed at, at most other places I paid cash as rent .. will this create a problem ?
5) For line item 'For Entry-Exit Records / Record of Movement from [COUNTRY] during the above time period.' - do I provide color photocopy of my passport ? I already submitted color photocopy of all pages including the certified translations ?
6) Is this request for evidence now going to make my application non-routine ?

Thanks for the help

Last edited: