+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi

I originally sent my application in April of 2020 but part of the application misprinted (unfortunately) so they requested the ammended sheet.

Even thought my application was stamped April 27, 2020 it seems like I am following a September 2020 timeline which is when I resent my application.

So for the tracker:

AOR: January 18, 2021
FP Request: July 22, 2021
FP Sent: July 27, 2021
FP Received: Aug 18, 2021
BG Check Complete: Aug 19, 2021

I hope my test invite comes soon.
If your re-submitted application was received by IRCC in September 2020, I can add you to the September spreadsheet.

Please provide your information in the following format :

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

ameesha

Mar 18, 2021
1. No
2. The eligibility period is what you entered on the application form and what you see in the physical presence calculator. It is 5 years from the day before you signed the citizenship application.
3. No.
4. Correct.
5. Yes.
6. No. This is a routine request that many applicants receive.

I have updated the spreadsheet.
Thank you so much Raj!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Congratulations' i updated in sheet.
when you submitted your passport copies and did you sent by replying same email??
I don't remember the exact dates and I am out of the country now, so it's hard for me to check.

I was asked to send my passport copies in the regular mail, I did it about 2 weeks ago. After that, they actually asked me (call and email) to clarify some dates and send them some travel info from the past (some plane tickets etc.) to confirm these dates. I did it by email on the same day and it was just a couple of days ago, so they moved very quickly after that request. ;)

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Is it common to have a passport request?

And for those who travelled to another country but the custom was all electronic and did not stamp on your passports...did IRCC usually ask you for more information?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I’m quite confused because they can check your travel record and even when you travel you don’t necessarily have stamps on the passport.
No. CBSA started tracking exits from the country by air only from June 2020. Prior to that, they'd have no record if you exited from the country.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
No. CBSA started tracking exits from the country by air only from June 2020. Prior to that, they'd have no record if you exited from the country.
Oh interesting. I thought they would keep and have all data of our entries/exits anyway. Especially as a PR, you get to swipe your PR card at a kiosk to enter and exit.

MST05

Sep 2, 2018
Hi Everyone , I got Fingerprint done on July 25th but still there is no update regarding that . I was told by fingerprint agency it will be updated in 3 weeks . do i need to email RCMP or still wait for week more? . Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Oh interesting. I thought they would keep and have all data of our entries/exits anyway. Especially as a PR, you get to swipe your PR card at a kiosk to enter and exit.
I don't recall swiping my PR card when ever when exiting the country. Only when coming back is there a Kiosk where I scan my PR card and passport.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Please update my status:
Test invite: 11 August 2021
Test passed on 21 August 2021
Result: 20/20

What's the next step? How long should I wait for ceremony?
I've updated the spreadsheet.

The next step might be a passport request and/or interview (not everyone receives either of these). After that comes "Decision Made" and that's when the application is approved. After this step comes oath. To avoid disappointment, expect it'll take about 3 to 5 months from the date when test status is set to "Completed" to receive oath notification on the dashboard. There is no standard timeline.

Good luck!

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Is this for real? CBSA has only started tracking exits since last year? So how can they be 100% sure the days you reported on your application where indeed correct ? Passports don’t get stamped upon exiting Canada either so no wonder why they take their sweet time to update physical present etc

Reactions: Georgesand