+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just had a look at the spreadsheet and all 3 mississauga applicants including Raj, who had test invite between june and july 18th got documents request, someone who had invite with me 31st may to 30th june already have DM and mine still no update
Timelines can vary between applicants even among the same office. Yours will come soon.

If it'll make you feel better, raise a webform and ask a leading question like "Are my physical presence, language and prohibition sections being worked on currently" or something like that. Sometimes, there is a small but non-zero chance that you'll get a relevant response.

Mississauga office is on a roll and applicants might see some progress in the coming weeks.

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Timelines can vary between applicants even among the same office. Yours will come soon.

If it'll make you feel better, raise a webform and ask a leading question like "Are my physical presence, language and prohibition sections being worked on currently" or something like that. Sometimes, there is a small but non-zero chance that you'll get a relevant response.

Mississauga office is on a roll and applicants might see some progress in the coming weeks.
Can you please share the link to web form? Thank you ever soo much for your help Raj

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just noticed there is a discrepancy in my dates (one day) where my flight was after 12 AM (next day) but the exit stamp from the country was done the previous day (27th May). In my physical presence calculator, I had mentioned 28th May as the date of the trip and that doesn't agree with the stamp on the passport.

I actually counted one day more and this shouldn't affect my application because I have over 2 weeks of buffer.

The actual date of travel was 28th May but the stamp on the passport shows 27th May. Oh well.

Moral of the story : ALWAYS apply with some buffer.
I made a mistake when submitting the passport pages to IRCC. There is an instruction in the PDF to name the file containing passports in a particular format (Last name - Application Number) but I did not notice this and did not use this format to submit the document. What's done is done, I am not going to confuse the officer further by submitting the documents again. I'm going to let things run its course. So when you guys submit this document, make sure you change the name of the document containing the passport according to the instructions in the PDF attachment. Do not make the same mistake I made.

Also, though the PDF asks you to change the subject of the email before responding, I would suggest you to NOT do it. The text in the email body is clearly highlighted and it says "Please DO NOT CHANGE the subject line. ". The information in the PDF directly contradicts the information in the email body about the subject line - Better don't change the subject line as it already contains your application number.

Last edited:

rj1411

Feb 25, 2021
Hi, I had sought the notes for my daughter's application status, which has now come. She has had Background verification 'completed' since April and all 3 boxes 'in progress'. The notes state the primary office to be CPC, Sydney and Secondary Office to be Scarborough Citizenship Operations. This is a paper file. At the end of the notes it says Paper File Transfer - Created Date: 2021/04/26 and in Location it says: In Transit. What does it mean? Does it mean that the file has been transferred to Scarborough from Sydney on 2021/04/26. The dashboard says that the status was last updated on 23rd April, 2021.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, I had sought the notes for my daughter's application status, which has now come. She has had Background verification 'completed' since April and all 3 boxes 'in progress'. The notes state the primary office to be CPC, Sydney and Secondary Office to be Scarborough Citizenship Operations. This is a paper file. At the end of the notes it says Paper File Transfer - Created Date: 2021/04/26 and in Location it says: In Transit. What does it mean? Does it mean that the file has been transferred to Scarborough from Sydney on 2021/04/26. The dashboard says that the status was last updated on 23rd April, 2021.
Do you see anything called "Registry" under Paper file history section? You should look at the latest one.

Ignore the April 23rd Date on the dashboard, that is probably the date that the dashboard went live.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Raj one question, do you know anyone in mississauga who translates arabic stamps to English, I just wanna be prepared in case I get such request
I did it online via Docsbase - Certified translation . 2 stamps cost me $37 - certified translation. However ,@Hot2Cold mentioned they quoted CAD 160 for translation of his Arabic stamps. Do you have anything that is handwritten in Arabic on the passport?

Ask them for a quote and see what they have to say. Otherwise, request @Hot2Cold for information because the OP is also trying to get his/her Arabic stamps translated.
I contacted Rasool Daban (https://www.dabantranslations.ca/) in Mississauga and he agreed to do it for $30. He will do it on Thursday for me.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
That's nice!

Not sure why @Hot2Cold is the only person for whom they quoted ~ CAD 160 for the translation! May be they have a grudge against you @Hot2Cold . Did you go on a date with the translator's son/daughter and never called him/her back or something? :p
It's really strange. I specifically mentioned that they did it at that price for others, but they are refusing to change their quote. No worries though. I found someone else to do it.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Reactions: Hot2Cold