+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Got an update on the application today morning .. Status has changed to scheduled for citizenship test between 28th Jun and 18th July.

Mississauga is the local processing office.

Details of timeline :

Application Filed - 20 Jan 2021
BG verifications status - completed on 22nd March 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated - 22nd Jun 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test - 28th Jun 2021

so the next step is CIC will send an invite in e-mail and I have the schedule the exam right?
You have already been scheduled. You will not schedule any time slot. You can take the test on any day at any time between the test window.

Please post an update once you receive the email and once after taking the test. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: annapatram

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
Thank you guys for help, My status/tracker shows update regarding invitation of citizenship test from July 2 to July 22.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

shaz82

Nov 14, 2014
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Doc's Request.
None
My wife got finger prints request few days back which she did yesterday , not sure if this will delay the application further ?

for my i have no change in status . All in progress except background checks which is completed.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My wife got finger prints request few days back which she did yesterday , not sure if this will delay the application further ?

for my i have no change in status . All in progress except background checks which is completed.
When were your BG checks completed?

About the FP request for your spouse - Getting FP might make the application non-routine. Submit FP ASAP and wait for her BG checks to be completed.

Good luck!

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Sorry, I was busy all day. You are very likely going to get basic information from them. They will not go into the details AFAIK. But if you want to ask them - you should probably ask them the location of your file, status of criminality, status of security and if the file is in "Registry" or "Test Ready" status.

I would strongly recommend ordering GCMS notes - they will give you a little more information.
Thanks a lot, can you please share the link for ordering GSMS notes? Also, is it free to order OR $5 as I think there were conflicting reports.

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Hey guys,

The tracker showed updates today. Test is scheduled between June 28, 2021 and July 18, 2021. However haven't received IRCC email yet. Timeline as below:

Application sent: Sep 2020
Application filed: Jan 19, 2021 (never received AOR)
BG completed: Mar 22
CT activity updated: June 22

Good luck everyone!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys,

The tracker showed updates today. Test is scheduled between June 28, 2021 and July 18, 2021. However haven't received IRCC email yet. Timeline as below:

Application sent: Sep 2020
Application filed: Jan 19, 2021 (never received AOR)
BG completed: Mar 22
CT activity updated: June 22

Good luck everyone!
I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
In-Progress: (Date from ECAS)

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date

Please post an update once you receive your test invite via email and once after taking the test.

Thank you!

Orisk

Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
March 8th, 2017
Was able to finally get my application number and check the tracker

Background check shows as completed as of March 22, 2021. Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions shows as "In Progress".

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I just got the email notification for my test and in it, it says this:

• If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.
  • ==================

I might not need to travel at all. I will contact them and tell you how they respond.