+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just got the email notification for my test and in it, it says this:

• If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us at IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.
  • ==================

I might not need to travel at all. I will contact them and tell you how they respond.
That's weird, I do NOT see that in my test invitation email.

Is the format of the test invitation different for people who have reported to IRCC they are outside Canada?

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ok.. This is amazing!!
===============

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period.

Important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented.

Good luck on your citizenship test!

sr5095

Feb 18, 2018
Ok.. This is amazing!!
===============

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period.

Important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented.

Good luck on your citizenship test!
wow that's a new development

nocomments

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
In-Progress: (Date from ECAS)

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date

Please post an update once you receive your test invite via email and once after taking the test.

Thank you!
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1112
App Sent: Sep 12, 2020
App Delivered: Sep 18, 2020
In-Progress: (Date from ECAS) Feb 22, 2021
Background Check "Completed" date: Mar 22, 2021

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I did not report that I am outside Canada.

It is in the attached pdf document.
LOL I can't find it in my attached PDF document. May be they got this information from CBSA and determined you are outside Canada and hence used a different format of the test email template.

Could you please check the last page the document attached to the test invite email and let me know what you see on the left bottom corner?

I see CIT 0148E (01-2021) => This is the name of this document and the version. Yours could be different.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1112
App Sent: Sep 12, 2020
App Delivered: Sep 18, 2020
In-Progress: (Date from ECAS) Feb 22, 2021
Background Check "Completed" date: Mar 22, 2021
I've added you to the spreadsheet! You'll likely receive an email either today or tomorrow.

Please post an update once you receive email invite and once after taking the test.

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
LOL I can't find it in my attached PDF document. May be they got this information from CBSA and determined you are outside Canada and hence used a different format of the test email template.

Could you please check the last page the document attached to the test invite email and let me know what you see on the left bottom corner?

I see CIT 0148E (01-2021) => This is the name of this document and the version. Yours could be different.
Same:

CIT0148E (01-2021)

It's in the first page, 4th bullet point.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Just received my invitation to complete the online citizenship test as well. I guess I will be busy next two weeks to read the book and take mock exams as I haven't started at all. Was not expecting this before September or October.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just received my invitation to complete the online citizenship test as well. I guess I will be busy next two weeks to read the book and take mock exams as I haven't started at all. Was not expecting this before September or October.
What's your test window?

Also, please post an update once you receive the test email and once after you take the test. Thanks.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Updated the spreadsheet.