+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey there,

Seems like as the new status tracker (https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard) my background check was completed on March 9, 2021.
Language skills, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions are In Progress
Citizenship test, and Citizenship ceremony are Not started.

Could the admin please update the September tab of the tracking sheet (if this is being tracked)
Updated!

Reactions: bdeb

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
It's definitely criminality and finger print request would be sent. I have now seen the CSIS screening report and can confirm from my understanding that it's a fairly quick process if your file is clean and not complicated. CSIS processes routine citizenship screening requests at P2 priority which I understand is completed within 3 business days. On my paper application which is now withdrawn, CSIS responded within 1 day with the complete assessment to CIC. But obviously CIC didn't take any action until about a month from there(Action was simply updating Security as complete on GCMS).
Out of all the federal agencies I have dealt with here during the citizenship struggle, CSIS seems to be the most competent agency while obviously CIC tops the list for lazy paper pushers who are probably still enjoying their covid vacation.
Why did you withdraw your paper citizenship application?

Micho

Dec 8, 2020
hello,
are they doing the interview with video call ????
and the physical presence in canada is mandatory ????

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hello,
are they doing the interview with video call ????
and the physical presence in canada is mandatory ????
Done online over MS Teams.

And yes, you'll have to be physically present in Canada for the Interview (and also for the test and oath ceremonies) even though they are done online.

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
I have a question - I just got my test invite (yay!) but my wife (we submitted our applications together) did not get the one. Further that, once we looked into it we realized she never got the AOR email, either.

All of my correspondence from IRCC has only had my name on it....should I assume it's only for me, and she may not have even received AOR yet even though she submitted with me in mid September?

Also - how long after passing the test are most people waiting until their oath ceremony - anyone know?

Thanks, y'all

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a question - I just got my test invite (yay!) but my wife (we submitted our applications together) did not get the one. Further that, once we looked into it we realized she never got the AOR email, either.

All of my correspondence from IRCC has only had my name on it....should I assume it's only for me, and she may not have even received AOR yet even though she submitted with me in mid September?

Also - how long after passing the test are most people waiting until their oath ceremony - anyone know?

Thanks, y'all
Yes, that's normal. Test invites are sent out of each applicant separately. Your wife's invite should follow sometime in the near future.

There's no timeline as such for oath, it is too early to tell. Further, you might get an interview request after you complete your test.

If there's no interview request, it is safe to assume at least 3 - 4 months for oath (minimum) to avoid disappointment.

Could you please provide the exact date you received your test invite email? Also, please update me once you write the test.

Thanks.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018

Thanks, y'all
Let your wife call IRCC to get her application number then use the new status tracker.

UTYD

Dec 3, 2020
did anyone use Microsoft Surface Pro(keyboard attached, not tablet mode) to give the CT? Pls advise

"Do not use the following to take the test:
  • a mobile phone
  • Chrome on an iPad
  • Microsoft Surface Pro
  • a virtual private network (VPN)"

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got a test invitation here too, both for me and the wife, dating June 3rd, for scheduling between the 10th and July 1st (tests on holidays???). No changes in status for the kids so far.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Did you hear back anything about this? I've now provided them with a timeline for the entire day on weekdays. I did NOT get a response earlier where the timelines I mentioned were more restricted.
Nope. Nothing further from them. It's probably being collated by the same people that process applications at IRCC, so I suppose a 12-18 month wait is probably on the books.

• Haha
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

bnorouzi

Jun 7, 2021
Hi there,

I'm new in this forum and have a question - if the applicants are not required to pass the language test (older than the required age), should they expect to receive the interview invite around the same time others will receive the test invite?

Thanks