+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Could you please tell me, if you can remember, what the statuses of Physical presence and Language requirements were in March 2020 when your test was showing "In Progress"?
Just checked my older history. Pretty sure these were “not started” (or whatever the current equivalent is…”in progress”?) as they and Prohibitions were only shifted to “completed” on the day of my interview last week.

I don’t believe these are verified until after the test is completed, either via interview or interview-exempt.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just checked my older history. Pretty sure these were “not started” (or whatever the current equivalent is…”in progress”?) as they and Prohibitions were only shifted to “completed” on the day of my interview last week.

I don’t believe these are verified until after the test is completed, either via interview or interview-exempt.
Okay, thanks! That's what I thought too and posted my thoughts earlier. So, BG checks and Test are the only 2 updates we are looking for until interview or DM, depending on the case.

Reactions: bellaluna

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021

Do you mind giving us an idea of what happens in the interview? What type of questions?
Thank you :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Okay, thanks! That's what I thought too and posted my thoughts earlier. So, BG checks and Test are the only 2 updates we are looking for until interview or DM, depending on the case.
FWIW, my oath is “in progress” as a date has been scheduled for me, although I’ve yet to receive an invite, while others without a schedule have their oath as “not started”.

DNK

Oct 20, 2020
That's a great find. Although all my status are still In-Progress, but this will surely help track the progress better.

Looks like many of you have already had your Background verification done as far back as in March, while mine is still In-Progress.

Edit: Just checked, from our application of two, my spouse's background verification is shown as completed though, with March 8 as the date.
Hi. My background check is complete since March but my spouse's background check is still "in progress", do we know the explanation to that?

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
My tracker says my test was “in progress” on March 2020. But the pandemic happened, suspending all in-person tests. I got online test invite March 2021.

I believe the test “in progress” is like the “test ready” status on GCMS. Timing will vary according to your local office.
Hi , i just got GCMS notes today , it says it is Test Ready , since April 15 , but i didn't receive any email for Test yet , any idea how long it will take until i get the test Invite ?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Hi. My background check is complete since March but my spouse's background check is still "in progress", do we know the explanation to that?
Same here! I think they have sent it to comprehensive security screening. It’s a time consuming and random process which I think your spouse is in the same boat as mine. I called ircc and they said they started my background in December but yet mine is in progress. I have ordered atip notes to see what’s happening. The funny thing is that I do have a 10 yr federal clearance due to my job but still targeted by ircc random process. Also 10 yr background is all in canada.

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Same here! I think they have sent it to comprehensive security screening. It’s a time consuming and random process which I think your spouse is in the same boat as mine. I called ircc and they said they started my background in December but yet mine is in progress. I have ordered atip notes to see what’s happening. The funny thing is that I do have a 10 yr federal clearance due to my job but still targeted by ircc random process. Also 10 yr background is all in canada.
Everything is in progress when I checked mine. Last update is showing as 23 April. No FP request. What is comprehensive security screening and how can we know its in process because of this. Confused what would be the reason for it.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Everything is in progress when I checked mine. Last update is showing as 23 April. No FP request. What is comprehensive security screening and how can we know its in process because of this. Confused what would be the reason for it.
No reason for it. It should be random but also based on my experience they are targeting some nationality more than others. Order atip notes from ircc and csis to verify the status. It was long before covid now I have no idea. I think apr 23 is when they moved to this new tracking system mine also shows apr 23.

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
No reason for it. It should be random but also based on my experience they are targeting some nationality more than others. Order atip notes from ircc and csis to verify the status. It was long before covid now I have no idea. I think apr 23 is when they moved to this new tracking system mine also shows apr 23.
Thankyou. Could you pls share the link for ordering atip notes from ircc and csis. Also in how many days we will be getting these notes.