+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
It is the last step. Don't worry about this, it isn't accurate, but seeing it move forward quicker is a good sign
Oh yes! It gives a positive feeling that things are moving. Good to see that the gap has now come down to less than two years.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello! My Application shows In Process as of Feb 16. I wrote a message a month ago but perhaps you missed it. I didn’t get an official AOR. Thank you!
Thank you for getting back. Apologies if I missed you. I do try and update every weekday.

juan92

Mar 26, 2021
Hi!

I have these two lines on my account.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on March 24, 2021.

Is this normal? It seems I am missing a line in the middle about the Discover Canada booklet.

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Hi, please add me to the tracker

Loc: Vancouver
Rec: Sept 21, 2020
AOR: Dec 09, 2020
In process: Feb 05, 2021
Residence: 1211 days

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
File reached local office is it a good thing or I'm happy for no reason, any experienced forum users
It can either mean that your background checks have been completed and your file is now in local office ready for testing

dopedupguy

Sep 30, 2014
Hi!

I have these two lines on my account.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on March 24, 2021.

Is this normal? It seems I am missing a line in the middle about the Discover Canada booklet.
Hi juan92,

My application was also delivered to the CPC in Sydney Nova Scotia on September 24th but I haven't gotten any update yet. I called IRCC early last week and they suggested my application might have been misplaced, and I apply again. Did you get any AOR or prior email updates before March 24th?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Thank you for your response, Ready for testing meaning prohibition checks etc???
No. Prohibitions come under the eligibility and they can be completed anytime from the time your file comes to your local office to the time when it is ready for testing.

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
No. Prohibitions come under the eligibility and they can be completed anytime from the time your file comes to your local office to the time when it is ready for testing.
I see, thank you ever soo much, you always answer to my queries, highly grateful

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Hi friends, If the application is transferred to the local office, does it mean that it is not considered as a ‘non-routine’ application?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi friends, If the application is transferred to the local office, does it mean that it is not considered as a ‘non-routine’ application?
There can be still a change if your local office wants further documentation from your side then it can still be classified as non-routine.

However, at the initial stage, if both criminality and security clearance checks are done and passed before your file is transferred to the local office, there is a high chance that it will be processed as a regular/routine file.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
There can be still a change if your local office wants further documentation from your side then it can still be classified as non-routine.

However, at the initial stage, if both criminality and security clearance checks are done and passed before your file is transferred to the local office, there is a high chance that it will be processed as a regular/routine file.
Thank you for your explanation. I called CIC yesterday; criminality is passed and security is ongoing. My application still is in Sydney. Let’s see.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Thank you for your explanation. I called CIC yesterday; criminality is passed and security is ongoing. My application still is in Sydney. Let’s see.
Yes. It will be transferred once security results are passed. your file will soon be sent to your local office within few days of security clearance.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
It can either mean that your background checks have been completed and your file is now in local office ready for testing
My file was transferred to local office since Mid February but still some checks are pending which means its still not test ready. What would be those tests?