+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Jan 10, 2021
my application was delivered on Sept 11th 2020, today is Jan 10, 2021, and still no AOR and nothing on ECAS, should I be worried? Please advise!

girgir

Sep 16, 2020
Hello everyone! - and especially @Hot2Cold for the step-by-step process of getting in touch with IRCC.

I just got off a call with an agent who confirmed that my application has been received on September 18 and an acknowledgement letter was sent to me by mail (Canada Post) on December 15. He confirmed that the status is now In Progress and also shared my application number. I suppose this means I have the AOR, though technically I haven't received it yet. Just like everybody else, I've been watching both my inbox and mailbox for the past couple of months - I guess I'll have to wait some more, but at least now I know that the documents I have submitted are ok and hopefully someone is taking care of background checks and so on. I also checked the status on ECAS and it still only shows one line ("application received").

The agent offered to email me links to the official study guide (Discover Canada) and how to prepare for the citizenship test - though he did mention significant delays in citizenship grant processing times due to the pandemic. On the flip side, they started doing online tests and online oath ceremonies to speed up the process. I know this has been going on for a while, just thought I'd add that piece of info here to cheer up fellow applicants!

I strongly encourage those who are still waiting to receive AOR to call IRCC. It looks like many applications are now in progress with letters on their way or pending to be mailed or emailed.

I'll keep you updated on that AOR letter. Good luck to you all!

:)

I just called IRCC on 1-888-242-2100.

I used the menu options 1, 4, 1, 1. (You will have to wait patiently till the menu is active as there is a lot of talk in between options when they don't accept input.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hot2Cold and engray

knathu

Sep 11, 2020
Hello everyone! - and especially @Hot2Cold for the step-by-step process of getting in touch with IRCC.

I just got off a call with an agent who confirmed that my application has been received on September 18 and an acknowledgement letter was sent to me by mail (Canada Post) on December 15. He confirmed that the status is now In Progress and also shared my application number. I suppose this means I have the AOR, though technically I haven't received it yet. Just like everybody else, I've been watching both my inbox and mailbox for the past couple of months - I guess I'll have to wait some more, but at least now I know that the documents I have submitted are ok and hopefully someone is taking care of background checks and so on. I also checked the status on ECAS and it still only shows one line ("application received").

The agent offered to email me links to the official study guide (Discover Canada) and how to prepare for the citizenship test - though he did mention significant delays in citizenship grant processing times due to the pandemic. On the flip side, they started doing online tests and online oath ceremonies to speed up the process. I know this has been going on for a while, just thought I'd add that piece of info here to cheer up fellow applicants!

I strongly encourage those who are still waiting to receive AOR to call IRCC. It looks like many applications are now in progress with letters on their way or pending to be mailed or emailed.

I'll keep you updated on that AOR letter. Good luck to you all!

:)
Congratulations! Application received on September 11, and still no update on ECAS. No lines whatsoever.. Does it still makes sense to cal IRCC?

Reactions: girgir

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hello all!
I've been reading the hopeful messages on here regarding calling IRCC and trying to get info as all I see on my ECAS is line 1. They have confirmed that my application is IP and have given me an application number. She also mentioned on the phone that my AOR letter is to be sent via mail and I had requested to receive everything via email as Canada Post has always had significant delays at their end, so she has now changed my preference to email for all future contact. The next step is to wait until the office near me receives my application and will contact me directly via email.
Thank you all for sharing your comments and for helping. This forum has been my ray of hope!
I wish you all the very best :)

Reactions: engray

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Congratulations! Application received on September 11, and still no update on ECAS. No lines whatsoever.. Does it still makes sense to cal IRCC?
I called them already and they confirmed the same that they do not see my application yet. Agent asked me to wait for another few weeks before calling again.

Adam1979

Jan 31, 2015
Hi, a quick question please....

I have not received an official AOR yet (Mail or otherwise) but my ECAS status is “Application Received“.

What does that mean?