+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

mmaghawry

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
For the people who got only one line in ECAS tool and didn't get the AOR email, you can contact the IRCC and get the Application number and now you have everything and no need to wait for AOR email as you know that they started working in your file and the documents are complete also you have the application number.

Reactions: Micho
Sep 1, 2020
For the people who got only one line in ECAS tool and didn't get the AOR email, you can contact the IRCC and get the Application number and now you have everything and no need to wait for AOR email as you know that they started working in your file and the documents are complete also you have the application number.
Just called them. I received my application number now. The agent said that my AOR is in the queue to be printed and emailed out. Apparently it could take months...

I am thinking about ordering GCMS notes to see if it kicks it up in the queue maybe

Reactions: mmaghawry

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
For the record, the number to be used to call is: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)

More details here.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
As expected, July applicants have started getting the "In Process" status now. If they keep up, majority of July and August applicants will receive "In Process" by the end of January. September and October applicants by the end of Feb.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: hotshot45890

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
As expected, July applicants have started getting the "In Process" status now. If they keep up, majority of July and August applicants will receive "In Process" by the end of January. September and October applicants by the end of Feb.

Fingers crossed.
Yes fingers crossed.

I do wonder if the 12 months processing time or somewhere around there still holds. They are updating the timelines for PR card processing based on actual time. Considering the 12 month is likely not a correct reflection, wonder when they would update this, or will just keep it 12 months to avoid the drama with our applications taking however long they need to take.

Also would be interesting to know how many people actually became citizens in 2020 and considering 2021 will still be impacted by pandemic, how many they are hoping to process in 2021 with the pandemic. I am hoping somewhere at IRCC someone has a plan and a vision rather than all of this just randomly moving along. Looking at the AOR delay situation and slowing down of oaths it often feels like that.

Is "in process" just them mailing or scanning and uploading our application to the relevant office of it involves a bit more in terms of the status?

Reactions: usman_geo

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes fingers crossed.

I do wonder if the 12 months processing time or somewhere around there still holds. They are updating the timelines for PR card processing based on actual time. Considering the 12 month is likely not a correct reflection, wonder when they would update this, or will just keep it 12 months to avoid the drama with our applications taking however long they need to take.

Also would be interesting to know how many people actually became citizens in 2020 and considering 2021 will still be impacted by pandemic, how many they are hoping to process in 2021 with the pandemic. I am hoping somewhere at IRCC someone has a plan and a vision rather than all of this just randomly moving along. Looking at the AOR delay situation and slowing down of oaths it often feels like that.

Is "in process" just them mailing or scanning and uploading our application to the relevant office of it involves a bit more in terms of the status?
IP is indeed an important step. This is when the files will be forwarded to the local processing offices based on the location. The local office initiates the BG checks from what I know. The sooner the file reaches the office, the sooner they might send our file for BG, residency checks etc. I'm expecting at least half of September 2020 applicants to become citizens before the end of December 2021.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now it's official: I received the AOR letter (actual physical letter!) yesterday, dated December 15. Given I'm closer to Sydney than most here, others may expect to receive theirs in the next few days. Funny enough, no email whatsoever, either in my mailbox or my wife's. I've been checking my spam folder daily, but nothing there too.

If someone is kind enough to update my entry in the spreadsheet, I'd appreciate:
Type: Family (4)
Physical Presence: 1,244 days
Application Sent: Sep 21
Application Received: Sep 23
AOR: Dec 15

Reactions: RockyAB

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Now it's official: I received the AOR letter (actual physical letter!) yesterday, dated December 15. Given I'm closer to Sydney than most here, others may expect to receive theirs in the next few days. Funny enough, no email whatsoever, either in my mailbox or my wife's. I've been checking my spam folder daily, but nothing there too.

If someone is kind enough to update my entry in the spreadsheet, I'd appreciate:
Type: Family (4)
Physical Presence: 1,244 days
Application Sent: Sep 21
Application Received: Sep 23
AOR: Dec 15
I had updated your record based on the second line on your ECAS status. You're good.

Good luck.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
IP is indeed an important step. This is when the files will be forwarded to the local processing offices based on the location. The local office initiates the BG checks from what I know. The sooner the file reaches the office, the sooner they might send our file for BG, residency checks etc. I'm expecting at least half of September 2020 applicants to become citizens before the end of December 2021.
Ambitious, if vaccine rolls out well....achievable.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ambitious, if vaccine rolls out well....achievable.
Nope. My view was pretty conservative.

Check the 2020 sheet in my signature. Take a look at the IP dates from Feb to July. IRCC has sent a majority of applications from Feb to July (6 months worth of applications) to IP in a matter of 3 months. The time between AOR and IP is decreasing. Currently, July 2020 applicants are getting IP.

The time between IP and the test might decrease soon (depending on the office + assuming your case is straight-through). The only case I am worried about is the delay for oath. Not sure what is going to be done about that but we'll see.

I still stand by what I said, I imagine that at least half of September 2020 applicants will become citizens by the end of 2021.

Sep 1, 2020
I received my 1st line about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know when I would get my 2nd line roughly? When would the email/mail go out?

People are talking about IP and I still don't have AOR

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I received my 1st line about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know when I would get my 2nd line roughly? When would the email/mail go out?

People are talking about IP and I still don't have AOR
You can call IRCC and they will give you an application number. I have seen many occurrences were ECAS shows App received, but AOR was being sent by mail instead of email and that's why you don't see the second line.

Reactions: RockyAB