+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
You are missing my point. I was never talking about degrees obtained in Canada.

I have been here for the better part of this decade and have seen enough people complain about application rejections. The only point I was making is this : If you are right, then everybody's happy. However, if you are wrong and the officer uses discretion for some reason and the application is returned, you'll lose time. Valuable time. That's all I am saying.

I am not saying that my way is the only way to follow. I'm just saying that this method provides an insurance, in case someone got unlucky and the application was decided to be returned. I'm all in for avoiding clutter in the application package (I appreciate the fact that sometimes, "less is more") but for this particular case, my personal opinion / recommendation is to cover the risk and send in one additional sheet of paper that shows the medium of instruction if your education was in a country other than the native English speaking countries.

These are my closing notes on the topic, I will not be going back and forth on this one again.
You do not need to go back and forth and I don't have any intention to convince anyone on what I am saying here. I know you are trying to help and I am happy about that, but the best way to help in this context would have been first for you to point out what the requirements are :

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
Then add your personal opinion/ experience/ recommendations and suggest people ( maybe from no native English or French speaking countries) add whatever you want them to add to make their language prove strong. In my opinion, this is how you lead people. Starting directly by saying that people should add the letter from school and university saying that their studies were done in English without pointing out the requirement first and in which context they can do that seems to confuse people.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I see my name in the spreadsheet, but not my updated details.

Can I add that, or does someone else need to do it?

Thank you,

Vicki

Opening a new thread for September 2020 Citizenship applicants - Please keep the discussion specific to citizenship application, progress and tips. Let's not deviate too much from the topic here. Thanks.

<<Looks like the previous thread was deleted by admins because someone shared discord link>>

Please update your information in the September Spreadsheet in the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker.
Opening a new thread for September 2020 Citizenship applicants - Please keep the discussion specific to citizenship application, progress and tips. Let's not deviate too much from the topic here. Thanks.

<<Looks like the previous thread was deleted by admins because someone shared discord link>>

Please update your information in the September Spreadsheet in the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
anyone submitted only university diploma or transcript for language proof?
I have recently submitted mine and my wife's application together. For her, I have sent a Diploma only (no transcript) from India that of course doesn't say the medium of instruction is English although the certificate itself is in English. Nor have I sent any special letter mentioning this fact.

My personal 'opinion' is that why would a certificate be in English if the instruction was not in English. Doesn't make sense to me. Although CIC can think otherwise and send our application back if they please. In which case, my wife would have to give an exam I guess.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Finally joining the list of citizenship applications

Physical presence: 1138 days
Application type: Family (1 + 3 kids)
Application Sent: September 25th, 2020

Not sure when it would be received, I used Canada Post without tracking lol :)

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

If you don't mind me asking, How much was the price difference to opt for tracking?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
If you don't mind me asking, How much was the price difference to opt for tracking?
No idea, I didn't ask. Not in the rush though so it did not matter to me to add tracking

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Recently I sent application from Mississauga. Express post cost me around $15. Regular mail would have cost around $3.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please post your information here so that someone can add it.

Hi,

I did post it here once, but here it is again:

Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1817 days
Application type: Family
Application Sent: September 10, 2020
Application Received: September 17th, 2020
AOR:
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

Thanks!

Sep 1, 2020
People told me that at the time of oath, we need to show the original documents.

They require the originals of police documents and i also submitted an original transcript. What am I supposed to do when they ask for originals?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I did post it here once, but here it is again:

Type of application: Citizenship
Physical presence: 1817 days
Application type: Family
Application Sent: September 10, 2020
Application Received: September 17th, 2020
AOR:
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

Thanks!

Updated the tracker.

Amberhargun

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hi. Please add the details

application: single
Physical presence days : 1165
Application sent : sep24
Application delivered: sep28

thanks so much

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
Hi Guys,
This is awesome thread for helping out all citizenship applicants. I am filling my application form for Citizenship. I have few questions regarding this application process:
1. I have received PR in Feb 2015, before that I was on student visa at U of Alberta as a phd student. Completed my studies in May 2017. I plan to sign my application on Sept /October. So just wanted to confirm with you experienced guys: my eligibility period should be from Sept/oct 2015 to Sept/Oct 2020? should I enter my out of Canada days during these 5 years?

2. In an application form they have asked : During your 5 year eligibility period did you have temporary resident or protected person status in Canada before becoming PR. So my eligibility period sept 2015-Sep/Oct 2020. I have confusion there whether i should answer yes or no? Because i was student during sept 2015 but on PR status.

Can you please help to clear my confusions ..

Thanks in advacne

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi,please add the details:

Application: single
Physical presence days : 1115
Application sent : Sep25
Application delivered: Sep28