+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi all! My file is finally closed. If someone can please update the spreadsheet!

Dates once I came back to Canada for my oath are as follows:

July 4th : Oath
July 6th: Attended the downtown Vancouver office to collect certificate (I had a talk with the person before my oath and explained I needed it urgently as I am flying back in 2 weeks.
July 7th: I stood in line outside a passport office from 4 AM and finally got inside the building at 8:30AM, stood in more lines and provided my proof for it being needed urgently and was given the receipt by 11:30AM
July 11: Received my passport.

Thank you all for your advice and help along the way. This journey was not easy, but having help really did ease the worry!
I wish each and every one of you the very best of luck and hope your applications get processed quickly!

Reactions: a_tkd

Vivre_au_Quebec

Mar 2, 2017
Hey, just an update. I checked my tracker and there seems to have been a ghost update today.

Any update on your side ?
Hey. Thanks for sharing! No updates on my side. Last ghost update was on 7 January 2022. No change since then. Totally depressing. Wrote twice to my MP but that didn’t change anything - only if my application would still be open beyond the average processing time, they can do something (but so can we by writing to CIC)

I submitted recently a complaint to CIC. Wont change anything either but felt good doing it.

I saw average processing time for citizenship applications dropped from 27 to 26 months. In our case, 4 months to go…

Keep me posted

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Can you update my entry? I got oath invitation on 5 July for oath ceremony on 2 August.

How long after the oath ceremony would the online status changed to completed? It is still showing as In Progress.

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Hey. Thanks for sharing! No updates on my side. Last ghost update was on 7 January 2022. No change since then. Totally depressing. Wrote twice to my MP but that didn’t change anything - only if my application would still be open beyond the average processing time, they can do something (but so can we by writing to CIC)

I submitted recently a complaint to CIC. Wont change anything either but felt good doing it.

I saw average processing time for citizenship applications dropped from 27 to 26 months. In our case, 4 months to go…

Keep me posted
Received oath inivitation today :) Can't believe it!

Reactions: ics6600

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Can you update my entry?

DM August 8th.
I got oath invitation on 8th August for oath ceremony on 19th August.

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Received oath inivitation today :) Can't believe it!
Wow congrats ! im also waiting for my oath since september 2021. hope montreal office work on my application soon!

Reactions: wfsoomro

Dmonkie

Oct 13, 2017
Took the test on Jan 14, finally got my Oath Invitation for August 23. :p

Got a quick question for everyone, can I share the zoom link with my parents back in Vietnam? If so, will they also use my seat number to login?

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!