September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
GUYS, WE NEED HELP!

We applied in September 2020 (2 adults and 2 minor kids).
AOR: February 2nd, 2021.
September 7th, 2021, Background Verification Status has been updated to "completed". They never asked me or my wife for fingerprints.

Questions:
1) Does IRCC ask for fingerprints as a standard procedure? Or not. Are our BG/Security Checks definitely completed?
2) When can we expect to get the test invitation?
3) How much longer do you think we must wait to BECOME CANADIAN CITIZENS (best case / normal case scenarios)?

EVERY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I called IRCC today and spoke with a kind agent. She told me that, indeed, IRCC didn't do anything on our file since September 2021 (over a month!) and she said she "put a flag on my file" indicating the delay so that the responsible office shell take a look at it. She said I should check Citizenship Tracker regularly. Fingers crossed.
If any of you guys have a similar experience / issue, please let me know. Every detail is greatly appreciated.
Best.

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I called IRCC today and spoke with a kind agent. She told me that, indeed, IRCC didn't do anything on our file since September 2021 (over a month!) and she said she "put a flag on my file" indicating the delay so that the responsible office shell take a look at it. She said I should check Citizenship Tracker regularly. Fingers crossed.
If any of you guys have a similar experience / issue, please let me know. Every detail is greatly appreciated.
Best.

Aren't there any applicants in our situation? I wonder why people simply ignore the issue we have been facing for a long time.

best_67

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi Everyone
I have citizenshp interview tomorrow for documents varifications. does any one has lists of documents? My PR card is expiring Oct 28 and I am travelling Oct 20. Do i need to request them for fast processing in interview?
Thanks

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi Everyone
I have citizenshp interview tomorrow for documents varifications. does any one has lists of documents? My PR card is expiring Oct 28 and I am travelling Oct 20. Do i need to request them for fast processing in interview?
Thanks
They only checked my PR card, passport, healthy card and driver's license. Are you going back to Canada?

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I sent our application package for PR-card renewal today. Our PR cards will expire in January 2023. We applied for citizenship in September 2020. Since September 7th, 2021, when our Background Verification Status has been updated to "completed", there hasn't been any improvement in our citizenship process. No invitation for the exam so far! We are frustrated!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I sent our application package for PR-card renewal today. Our PR cards will expire in January 2023. We applied for citizenship in September 2020. Since September 7th, 2021, when our Background Verification Status has been updated to "completed", there hasn't been any improvement in our citizenship process. No invitation for the exam so far! We are frustrated!
Not even test? That's too delayed!

Reactions: visitingprof

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hello all, please update here if you have received your oath letter after queens death. We would like to know if there are any delays or it’s still going on as normal. Anything after Sep 12. Thanks

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
I have done my oath and received my certificate. Thanks for all the helps along the way. Good luck to all still struggling.

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hello visitingprof,
I don't login regularly or would've responded sooner. I thought I'll write a few things that have in the end helped me.
First of all, I'm a March 2020 applicant and I only now have had my status changed from background check to oath ceremony. (31 months from application stage to oath ceremony which is next month). Don't try to make sense of the timeline as there doesn't seem to be one. People who applied in 2021 have got it and somehow the 2020 batch is in disarray.
Anyway, So what helped me and I don't know if it'll help you or not but it's worth a try. I contacted my local MP's office and started asking them to inquire into my file. They were able to tell me exactly what's happening before I got to know from Immigration, like well before. and each time they inquired I had some movement on my file. I think when an MP's office inquires, your file comes up from the stash of the 1000's probably or somehow is now on their screen or whatever to do something about it. If you haven't already, do give it a shot and it might help!
Best regards
Ssparkles

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Hello visitingprof,
I don't login regularly or would've responded sooner. I thought I'll write a few things that have in the end helped me.
First of all, I'm a March 2020 applicant and I only now have had my status changed from background check to oath ceremony. (31 months from application stage to oath ceremony which is next month). Don't try to make sense of the timeline as there doesn't seem to be one. People who applied in 2021 have got it and somehow the 2020 batch is in disarray.
Anyway, So what helped me and I don't know if it'll help you or not but it's worth a try. I contacted my local MP's office and started asking them to inquire into my file. They were able to tell me exactly what's happening before I got to know from Immigration, like well before. and each time they inquired I had some movement on my file. I think when an MP's office inquires, your file comes up from the stash of the 1000's probably or somehow is now on their screen or whatever to do something about it. If you haven't already, do give it a shot and it might help!
Best regards
Ssparkles

Thank you so much.
I will try.
I hope you get your citizenship soon.
Best regards.

Reactions: ssparkles

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
The processing time now dropped to 25 months, next week it will 25 months for me since they received my application :)