+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
@Hot2Cold @andrew-brit @rajkamalmohanram

Hi Senior members,

I need some help. I would be filing a citizenship application in the upcoming days however there is one issue in which I need some guidance.

My name was added as co-tenant on the existing lease in March 2018, I live in sharing. However, I was still living at my previous address the majority of the time and only sometimes used to stay at the new address. Previous address is of my relative so I was still comfortable living there because I never lived alone in sharing with new people but eventually I had to move out and live on my own. I added my name in March 2018 as I was getting a good deal/rent at a very cheaper rate but permanently moved to the new address in Aug 2018. From March 2018 till Aug 2018, I sometimes used to stay at the new address but was still living at the old one. All my emails and taxes etc was coming to a previous address.

When I applied for spousal sponsorship, wrote the new address from Aug 2018. However, I came to know that at citizenship applications sometimes they issue RQ. I can obtain a letter from my relative and show mails that I was living at that address till Aug 2018. What will be the best approach here? Write a letter of explanation in advance or just write dates written in spousal sponsorship and give an explanation if RQ is issued.

Please advise :)

Last edited:

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hi everybody
My application status is under process and I have recently moved to a new address within the same city, so my question is do I have to update my address? or such an action can delay the process further?

Thanks for your help

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi everybody
My application status is under process and I have recently moved to a new address within the same city, so my question is do I have to update my address? or such an action can delay the process further?

Thanks for your help
same city address should not be a problem

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
@Hot2Cold @andrew-brit

Hi Senior members,

I need some help. I would be filing a citizenship application in the upcoming days however there is one issue in which I need some guidance.

My name was added as co-tenant on the existing lease in March 2018, I live in sharing. However, I was still living at my previous address the majority of the time and only sometimes used to stay at the new address. Previous address is of my relative so I was still comfortable living there because I never lived alone in sharing with new people but eventually I had to move out and live on my own. I added my name in March 2018 as I was getting a good deal/rent at a very cheaper rate but permanently moved to the new address in Aug 2018. From March 2018 till Aug 2018, I sometimes used to stay at the new address but was still living at the old one. All my emails and taxes etc was coming to a previous address.

When I applied for spousal sponsorship, wrote the new address from Aug 2018. However, I came to know that at citizenship applications sometimes they issue RQ. I can obtain a letter from my relative and show mails that I was living at that address till Aug 2018. What will be the best approach here? Write a letter of explanation in advance or just write dates written in spousal sponsorship and give an explanation if RQ is issued.

Please advise :)
I believe the newer address is a safer bet i.e., the address with your name on the lease. I was in a similar situation and I provided the place with my name on the lease. So far, I have had no issues (got my AOR & In Process).

However, I would check with IRCC if you are still concerned - no guarantee you won't face issues just because I did not.

Best of luck!

SHROTT

Sep 3, 2020
Hi, were you able to see your application in ECAS before getting your AOR e-mail?
I checked ECAS couple times in late December/early January before the AOR email came in on Feb 4, no application found at that time. But I was able to see my application in ECAS the same day AOR email was issued, so I'd assume my application was entered in the system couple days before AOR. (Just my guess)

Reactions: Juansehli

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
I believe the newer address is a safer bet i.e., the address with your name on the lease. I was in a similar situation and I provided the place with my name on the lease. So far, I have had no issues (got my AOR & In Process).

However, I would check with IRCC if you are still concerned - no guarantee you won't face issues just because I did not.

Best of luck!
The problem is that it would be inconsistent with my previous application (Spousal). My taxes, bank records, salary slips, etc everything is on the previous address until I finally moved to the new place. The only issue that they would see then two address proof which if RQ issued.

I am just confused to write them LOE in advance or wait if RQ issues.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hey Guys,
Quick question: My ECAS status says my application is in process, but I never received an AOR email. I confirmed with cic and they confirmed that they have my application and said I should expect an AOR email shortly. Instead , it just went from received application on sept 23rd to In process -Feb 22, 2021. Should I call cic again?

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hey Guys,
Quick question: My ECAS status says my application is in process, but I never received an AOR email. I confirmed with cic and they confirmed that they have my application and said I should expect an AOR email shortly. Instead , it just went from received application on sept 23rd to In process -Feb 22, 2021. Should I call cic again?
No. This happened to plenty of us. You have nothing to worry about. Many of us did not get an AOR email because of a mistake in the automated emails system. You are past the point of AOR now as your application is in process.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Just a reminder for those editing the spreadsheet, please notify us in this thread when you have done so, it saves us looking up the applicant only to see it has been updated already.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014