07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Hi All, good news!

Got the AOR email today from CPC-Sydney-Referral with an attachment stating - 'This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship'. My spouse also received an email at the same time as I with her AOR and it had a different application number to mine (though we had submitted the 4 applications - husband, wife, two kids) together. Does this mean my spouse's application will be processed separately to mine? If yes, what about the kids application?

I've updated my AOR date on the Sept 2020 tracker.
Yes, Each individual is treated as a separate application although they were sent in one packet.

Reactions: sayedsameer84

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Yes, Each individual is treated as a separate application although they were sent in one packet.
Thanks. Do you know anything about children's application? I had mentioned my email address on their application. Does this mean I must expect another email with their AOR / Application number?

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
Thanks. Do you know anything about children's application? I had mentioned my email address on their application. Does this mean I must expect another email with their AOR / Application number?

I got separate emails for each family member in our application, each with their own Application Number (2 adults, 2 children)

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Give it a day or two then check online for their application status. Since you sent all applications together, all of them need to be complete for you to receive AOR. Given that two out of four got AOR, it means the rest are also accepted. There could have been a delay in sending AORs.

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I called the IRCC, they told me that an AOR was supposed to be sent to me on January 19th but for some unknown reason the email was cancelled. They told me that my application documents are complete and that this call can be considered as an AOR and gave me my application number. They told me processing will start shortly on my application!

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
When do Sep 2020 applicants expect to have a test? I want to know when I should start studying since I’m not sure I’ll ever get my AOR.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
When do Sep 2020 applicants expect to have a test? I want to know when I should start studying since I’m not sure I’ll ever get my AOR.
It will take a while. I am hoping sometime in towards the end of second quarter or the beginning of the third quarter.

Of course we can't predict this beforehand, we'll have to wait to see when 2020 Jan/Feb applicants start getting invites and the volume of invites sent out.

diegohr

Sep 12, 2017
Hi guys, checking my ECA today and seeing this:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 18, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on February 3, 2021.

So far, no AOR, no emails, no letters, and I noticed a lot of people here got the second line like this: "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 16, 2020." which I didn't get.

Hope I'm not missing anything. Thanks everyone!

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi guys, checking my ECA today and seeing this:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 18, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on February 3, 2021.

So far, no AOR, no emails, no letters, and I noticed a lot of people here got the second line like this: "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 16, 2020." which I didn't get.

Hope I'm not missing anything. Thanks everyone!
Lots of people didn't get AOR email (they are either delayed to be sent by email or arriving by mail). Call IRCC to get your application number, and make sure to ask them to send all correspondence by email and not mail.

Reactions: diegohr

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
It will take a while. I am hoping sometime in towards the end of second quarter or the beginning of the third quarter.

Of course we can't predict this beforehand, we'll have to wait to see when 2020 Jan/Feb applicants start getting invites and the volume of invites sent out.
you mean this year? That’s faster than imagined. Thought it would be next year

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
you mean this year? That’s faster than imagined. Thought it would be next year
It's anyone's guess at this point - the key thing being that the online tests were designed to be a short-term pilot that would lead to a bigger rollout.

If I was in the IRCC, I'd be will to bet that they are probably thinking of a plan that allowed them (once the vaccinations have happened for the IRCC folks) a safe re-opening of their facilities to allow for in-person testing + mass rollout of the online testing program to plow through the testing backlog in short order. Of course, the current delays in vaccination rollout and the new COVID strains are a serious obstacle to executing on it, but hey, it's better than just shutting it down entirely.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Type: 1 adult
Sent from: Barrie Sept 8
Application received in Sydney Sept 14
AoR received December 9
Physical presence ~1150
Application moved to "In process" on Feb 3, 2021. Didn't receive any notification of status change, just decided to check the status as I saw others here reporting that theirs had moved.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram