+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Micho

Dec 8, 2020
HELLO GUYS
I checked ECAS today and it shows that the "application received" but i never recieved any email from IRCC.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I called IRCC this morning the lady confirmed that they haven't sent out the email yet but they will soon? Not sure when the email will come.

But When i click on the hyperlink it says:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 18, 2020.

Also, do they ever update ECAS if they send back the application for being incomplete? i am just not sure what this status means...
I checked ecas as well and its same application received but no email received yet. Thanks
Yeah this means you haven't been sent an AOR. If they did, you'll see a second line there. I don't think they'll report anything on ECAS if they return your application. Unfortunately, given the current delays, some applicants have received their returned application packages about 3 - 5 months after the application reached IRCC.

Kaurbal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hello,
Application submitted-September 26,2020
Application received - September 28,2020
AOR- waiting
Did anyone received AOR for application submitted on the same day in September? The wait is like never ending. Almost 3 months and still waiting for the AOR.
thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,
Application submitted-September 26,2020
Application received - September 28,2020
AOR- waiting
Did anyone received AOR for application submitted on the same day in September? The wait is like never ending. Almost 3 months and still waiting for the AOR.
thanks
Please provide the following information so that I can add you to the sheet :

Physical presence
City
Single/Family application ?

The link to the tracker is in my signature. Check that out - No one has reported receiving an AOR beyond September 22. Plus, holidays are upon us. You can probably expect something in early Jan.

Last edited:

Kaurbal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Please provide the following information so that I can add you to the sheet :

Physical presence
City
Single/Family application ?

The link to the tracker is in my signature. Check that out - No one has reported receiving an AOR beyond September 22.
Thank you for your reply. I felt relieved to read that people past September 22 are still waiting.
physical presence- 1283
City- Edmonton
Single applicant

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
I checked ECAS today after a week and it shows that the "application received" but i never recieved any email from IRCC.

Please update the doc and check your ECAS with UCI number seems like they never sent any email to us.

Happy Holidays
My understanding is that this means your package has been received. However it does not mean that it has been checked for completeness so still a step away from AOR, which IRCC will inform you about.

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
My understanding is that this means your package has been received. However it does not mean that it has been checked for completeness so still a step away from AOR, which IRCC will inform you about.
But then how could they issue a file number. I called IRCC today and I have the same status and asked for a file number.. they rep gave me a CXXXXXXXX..

I'm hoping we will get the AOR email soon.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I checked ECAS today after a week and it shows that the "application received" but i never recieved any email from IRCC.

Please update the doc and check your ECAS with UCI number seems like they never sent any email to us.

Happy Holidays
Me too. I just checked ECAS, and see the "Application received" message. A few days ago, it kept saying that I had no applications in process.

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
Hi Everyone,

Good to be back on this forum after so many years. I applied for my citizenship early September (non-urgent) and haven't received my AOR yet. I understand the difference between PR card expiry and PR status. My situation is that my PR card will expire early Feb. Since its a travel document how late can I apply for a renewal card. The IRCC website says processing time is 3 months. Assuming the citizenship process takes close to 1 year (I'm in Calgary) I feel there is no way to save the 50 bucks for the renewal.
App. TypeSingle
Physical Presence Days1329
Citizenship Application: (Calgary, AB)9-Sep-20
Application Received (Sydney, NS):15-Sep-20
AOR:8-Dec-20
Processing Started:
Invitation for Test:
Decision Made:
Oath Ceremony:
Citizenship Certificate Received: