+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Could you guys help me out with UP as well,I applied my file under UP in sept 2020, but they are processing under the normal time.I mentioned the reason that I need to get into canadian armed forces and In order to do so they need a citizenship?

please help thanks guys
UP requests are approved on a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately, we can't "make them" process the application urgently. The officer processing the application makes the decision of whether or not to approve the UP request.

All you can do is request IRCC. Approval or Denial decision of the UP request rests with them.

Go ahead and send them another request via webform and provide all supporting documentation. Good luck.

Reactions: micky007

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello guys! I just received the below email from Scar office:

This letter is in reference to your application for Canadian Citizenship and is further to your correspondence received at our office.

Our records indicate that you require a hearing with a citizenship officer; as such regular processing times no longer apply.

Please note that due to the current measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) IRCC is not scheduling in person appointments at this time. Once hearings resume you will be notified with a date and time to appear.
That’s strange!! Did you pass or fail your test ?

ameesha

Mar 18, 2021
Apologies if this has already been answered before - Any idea on how long it takes to receive your passport after the oath ceremony?

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apologies if this has already been answered before - Any idea on how long it takes to receive your passport after the oath ceremony?
You will NOT be receiving your passport as part of the citizenship process.
You will have to apply for it separately once you receive your citizenship certificate.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hello guys! I just received the below email from Scar office:

This letter is in reference to your application for Canadian Citizenship and is further to your correspondence received at our office.

Our records indicate that you require a hearing with a citizenship officer; as such regular processing times no longer apply.

Please note that due to the current measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) IRCC is not scheduling in person appointments at this time. Once hearings resume you will be notified with a date and time to appear.
It looks like you have sent IRCC Scar a correspondence and may have further triggered a hearing with the Citizenship Officer.. What was your correcpondence to IRCC about?

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
It looks like you have sent IRCC Scar a correspondence and may have further triggered a hearing with the Citizenship Officer.. What was your correcpondence to IRCC about?
The issue is that I haven't sent any correspondence. :( I did not even contact them as application was going smooth in a timely manner.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
The issue is that I haven't sent any correspondence. :( I did not even contact them as application was going smooth in a timely manner.
Okay that is definetely weird... I can't think of anything else but a mistake(s) on previous IRCC applications that was/were flagged now? Namely, PR application, study/work permit?