+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
They might just ask you to scan the card and email it to them too, instead of retaking the test.
Well, this has never happened before so, I wouldn't count on this happening. Either they accept the ID and validate the test OR they refuse the test and send a request to re-test over MS teams.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Well, this has never happened before so, I wouldn't count on this happening. Either they accept the ID and validate the test OR they refuse the test and send a request to re-test over MS teams.
No, member(s) have posted on asking on the scan copy of ID after the test. Lately they stopped asking and accepting/rejecting but they did but not often.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
No, member(s) have posted on asking on the scan copy of ID after the test. Lately they stopped asking and accepting/rejecting but they did but not often.
Wow, that's good to know. I missed these updates, somehow... If time permits, could you please point me to these posts so that I can take a look.

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I remember reading these posts as well. Don't sweat it (no pun intended) :p
Hahaha LOL. :D Thanks. Yeah, I wouldn't mind a retest if it happens in the earliest possible time (may be a week after this test) but knowing that a re-test can take a while and potentially turn my application non-routine - that is the cause of this worry LOL. May be I am worrying a tad bit too much, unnecessarily.

Fingers crossed - Waiting for that "Completed" update on my dashboard!

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
did you got interview or its direct test to decision made?
I passed the test on 4th June. Around 10-12 days after I passed the test, I received a request letter from some officer SBR (IRCC) asking me to email scanned copies of all pages of my passport. I sent it on same day. They did not mark my Test as "completed" till last week (I think they did that on 21st or 22nd). And now today they have marked everything as completed, except Oath. So to answer your question, no there was no interview. But they did ask for copy of my passport.

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hello everyone!

We (me and my husband) passed the test a few minutes ago. Both 19/20 :) I'm very happy!

I don't know if you remember my last post, a few weeks ago, stressed out because my husbad was not feeling well with covid and I was afraid we had to rescheduled the test. Thank you for telling us to try anyway. Thank you for the motivation!
My husband is still not feeling great, but we were able to pass the test, one day before the deadline.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone!

We (me and my husband) passed the test a few minutes ago. Both 19/20 :) I'm very happy!

I don't know if you remember my last post, a few weeks ago, stressed out because my husbad was not feeling well with covid and I was afraid we had to rescheduled the test. Thank you for telling us to try anyway. Thank you for the motivation!
My husband is still not feeling great, but we were able to pass the test, one day before the deadline.
I'm so glad to hear that. Congratulations!

I've updated the spreadsheet!

Hope your husband gets better soon!

Reactions: MaryC

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I now slightly fear/suspect a re-test invitation because of the clarity of my ID. I was able to download a copy of the ID that I submitted for my test (there was an option to do that on the page that requests you to take a picture of the ID before starting the test).

While I can see the name and the ID number (health card number) very clearly, my DOB is almost clearly visible (The day and the month are clearly visible but one of the digits in the year field is slightly blurred but is still legible enough to be determined what that number is). The issue and expiry dates are clearly visible. My signature is barely visible on the ID.

It would be depressing if I had to do the test again for this reason . Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

My test status still shows "In Progress" but hopefully, I'll see an update by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed! It will not be a problem!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
I now slightly fear/suspect a re-test invitation because of the clarity of my ID. I was able to download a copy of the ID that I submitted for my test (there was an option to do that on the page that requests you to take a picture of the ID before starting the test).

While I can see the name and the ID number (health card number) very clearly, my DOB is almost clearly visible (The day and the month are clearly visible but one of the digits in the year field is slightly blurred but is still legible enough to be determined what that number is). The issue and expiry dates are clearly visible. My signature is barely visible on the ID.

It would be depressing if I had to do the test again for this reason . Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

My test status still shows "In Progress" but hopefully, I'll see an update by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.
let's hope that will not be the case and your test status will be set to completed soon

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Here's a strange case from an August 2020 Mississauga applicant. Physical Presence and Language were set to "Completed" even before the applicant took the Citizenship test. This used to happen only to applicants in Quebec but this applicant lives in Brampton and the local office is Mississauga. Interesting.

Moonyflower

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
I am wondering why there is some applicant from previous months have thier DM status but no oath letter or ceremony up to now? May be they didn’t update the spreadsheet ? I don’t understand why would the ceremony takes a long time for many people. I thought it should be the fastest step as they are done processing all the application.
I wanted also to ask what would happen with PR renewal application after a decision made to citizenship application?