17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You can also request your GCMS notes.
@legalfalcon Sir, I had ordered my GCMS notes on 4th July’21. Till date havent received them. Is it normal? Also, no update on my file.
[/QUOTE]

Delays in the release of GCMS notes are common and mostly they are administrative. If you requested the GCMS notes yourself, you can send a follow-up email to the IRCC ATIP division. If you requested your GCMS notes from a web form, then they have done this.

Also, you can file a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner pursuant to section 30 of the Access to Information Act. See https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/submitting-complaint

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
I need a crucial advice to help me decide for this move. I have in progress FSW-inland application (inland dependent “spouse”) with AOR Sep 19 2020. The updates on my file are the following:
1) Eligibility is conclusively passed
2) Medicals are passed last Oct 2020; however, it is expired on July 14 2021 and got updated in my file that they don’t need medical exam after it was previously stated as passed.
3) Security and Criminality have not started yet.
The application almost passed the 10 month processing as it is remarked as in progress.

- my spouse (has a valid visa and valid SOWP based on mine’s validity) are planning to have a vacation for 8 weeks outside the country from mid Aug till mid Oct.
My questions are:
1) if I am here and my wife overseas; I know the final approval decision can not be made until all applicants are inside Canada. So, if we got the portal confirmation email while she or both of us are overseas to declare our residence inside the country, can we hold on responding to this email with the declaration until we come back with our valid visa? If so, is there any expiry given to the link provided to the portal confirmation email so that we can have a bit of days to come back and reposed with the relative information while being inside Canada?

2) regarding medical examination: shall we hold on it until IRCC request us to do it again or go ahead and do it upfront?

3) We have uploaded RCMP PCC upfront but since my spouse will be out of the country for 60 days; is it good to redo it again before she leaves?

4) Is it normal that officer might work on the background check but the account isn’t updates yet and suddenly all got cleared at once without prior updates in my account related to our background check.

5) What will happen if we are given eCOPR through CIC account (old traditional way) while I am here and my dependent being abroad. Can she still come back with her eCOPR with her valid visa and permit although our application is marked to be inland applicants since our country of residence still Canada?

The reason of travel is for my sister wedding which crucial to her to have me and my family support her in that day; and I came to know that if I report that issue of travel; my application could be on hold and not to be in progress anymore. I am really so hesitant whether I should go ahead and book a flight or not but I am sick of waiting without any shade of light is coming through.

Please help me with your advice to wisely decide about this move. It will be very very very much appreciated. Thank you all and especially @legalfalcon for the continuous help in enlightening us throughout the whole process.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I need a crucial advice to help me decide for this move. I have in progress FSW-inland application (inland dependent “spouse”) with AOR Sep 19 2020. The updates on my file are the following:
1) Eligibility is conclusively passed
2) Medicals are passed last Oct 2020; however, it is expired on July 14 2021 and got updated in my file that they don’t need medical exam after it was previously stated as passed.
3) Security and Criminality have not started yet.
The application almost passed the 10 month processing as it is remarked as in progress.

- my spouse (has a valid visa and valid SOWP based on mine’s validity) are planning to have a vacation for 8 weeks outside the country from mid Aug till mid Oct.
My questions are:
1) if I am here and my wife overseas; I know the final approval decision can not be made until all applicants are inside Canada. So, if we got the portal confirmation email while she or both of us are overseas to declare our residence inside the country, can we hold on responding to this email with the declaration until we come back with our valid visa? If so, is there any expiry given to the link provided to the portal confirmation email so that we can have a bit of days to come back and reposed with the relative information while being inside Canada?

2) regarding medical examination: shall we hold on it until IRCC request us to do it again or go ahead and do it upfront?

3) We have uploaded RCMP PCC upfront but since my spouse will be out of the country for 60 days; is it good to redo it again before she leaves?

4) Is it normal that officer might work on the background check but the account isn’t updates yet and suddenly all got cleared at once without prior updates in my account related to our background check.

5) What will happen if we are given eCOPR through CIC account (old traditional way) while I am here and my dependent being abroad. Can she still come back with her eCOPR with her valid visa and permit although our application is marked to be inland applicants since our country of residence still Canada?

The reason of travel is for my sister wedding which crucial to her to have me and my family support her in that day; and I came to know that if I report that issue of travel; my application could be on hold and not to be in progress anymore. I am really so hesitant whether I should go ahead and book a flight or not but I am sick of waiting without any shade of light is coming through.

Please help me with your advice to wisely decide about this move. It will be very very very much appreciated. Thank you all and especially @legalfalcon for the continuous help in enlightening us throughout the whole process.

1. A decision can be made on your application irrespective of whether you are in Canada or outside Canada. However, when it comes to issuing a COPR, you cannot be issued an e-COPR unless you are physically in Canada. This is because when an e-COPR is issued, effective that day you become a PR and all visas/permits you may have, are cancelled since PRs do not need visas/permits. You can only become a PR if you are in Canada by being issued an e-COPR or by landing at a port of entry with a COPR, where your COPR will be stamped and you will be allowed to enter Canada.

In your case, if you are outside Canada when you receive a portal confirmation email, you do not have to respond to it immediately. You can respond to it after you return back to Canada. There is no expiry to the link, but you should not delay responding to the link for more than 2-3 weeks. Earlier the better.

2. In most cases as per the internal policy, IRCC is extending the medicals, especially for inland applicants. It would be the case for you too. If your medicals have expired, you can contact IRCC and find if your meds have been extended. Also, see my previous post on it. #13,190

3. It is not required. Only f your stay in a country for more than 6 months do you need a PCC. If a renewed PCC is required, IRCC will ask you.

4. Yes, for inland applicants, unlike outland applicants, BGC is a fairly quick process as they only have a record check for security. Outland applicants have a comprehensive security screening. Record check is fairly quick. Also in some cases, the security report may have already been on file, but not updated. See https://bit.ly/3apWglN

5. No, to enter Canada you will need a PR visa unless you are from a visa-exempt country or a PR card after an e-COPR is issued.

ccurran86

May 26, 2021
@legalfalcon I need to travel home for a few weeks in September (awaiting PR) I hold a BOWP visa along with an ETA. Will there be any issues re entering Canada? I’m from a visa exempt country also. I just cannot get a definitive answer to this question. If my PR comes through then no issues obviously but I just need to be sure - thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I need to travel home for a few weeks in September (awaiting PR) I hold a BOWP visa along with an ETA. Will there be any issues re entering Canada? I’m from a visa exempt country also. I just cannot get a definitive answer to this question. If my PR comes through then no issues obviously but I just need to be sure - thanks in advance!
To be able to enter Canada if you are from a visa-free country, all you need is a passport and your permit (BOWP). You also have to have a valid eTA if you meet the requirements for it. An eTA doe snot guarantee that you will be allowed entry into Canada, it merely facilitates your entry.

ccurran86

May 26, 2021
To be able to enter Canada if you are from a visa-free country, all you need is a passport and your permit (BOWP). You also have to have a valid eTA if you meet the requirements for it. An eTA doe snot guarantee that you will be allowed entry into Canada, it merely facilitates your entry.
Thanks for the response. I’ve been living here for three years with my Spouse plus one Canadian child so can’t see any reason to not be let through

rid.patel

Dec 30, 2020
Hi,

I am also in the same situation. I did submit my wife's amended passport, marriage certificate and name change affidavit to change her name in the system. However, today I received the BIL for her and it has her former name. Did CIC send you an updated BIL or the current one would work?
Hey @swapnil14
we've been waiting for so long. we have paid biometric fees in April 2020 still haven't got BIL. there is no update in gcmc notes. anything we can do in this case?

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
Hello Frank, no ghost updates or anything like that. The statuses on my portal are all the same.
Congratulations!!

Few questions if you could help ?
Did it come from Montreal VO or some other Visa Office ?

Did they extend your medicals ? or is there a date they have given you before which you must travel ?

KoochNozzle

Jun 25, 2021
I said this in another thread and got attacked by some dude. The only people that seem to be getting PPR's are US residents. This doesn't help anyone living in a third world country.

Congratulations btw!
I think logically it all comes down to border re-openings with countries based on COVID cases - as indicated by Canadian feds. I encourage you to positively consume sharing of pertinent information. Everyone around the world has situations or problems that are beyond their control.

I read your comments on other posts - I just wish you a better life, maybe you can hope the same for others someday.

Last edited:

tahashanouha

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Beirut
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
28-09-2020
I think logically it all comes down to border re-openings with countries based on COVID cases - as indicated by Canadian feds. I encourage you to positively consume sharing of pertinent information. Everyone around the world has situations or problems that are beyond their control.

I read your comments on other posts - I just wish you a better life, maybe you can hope the same for others someday.
Thanks I guess?

PKNew

Jul 26, 2021
AoR CEC category (Me and my dependants Inland): 28 Sep 2020
PR confirmation portal received: 15th June 2021
PR confirmation portal Photo & info submitted: 15th June 2021
submitted portal details on 15th June and waiting for COPR yet. no update it's been 40 days now.
Not sure what to be done. Anyone had a similar experience and any suggestions to progress my case.

I called Customer care, the same update every time the case manager whoever working need to close the case to receive eCOPR
Raised webform received a generic e-mail no update here aswell.

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hey all, any idea whether IRCC have resumed the processing of FSW Outland applications? I know us, Sep-20, might still be far. But would be great to know whats the latest updates on Outland applicants. Last time i heard was someone from Feb-20 AOR received updates....

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey all, any idea whether IRCC have resumed the processing of FSW Outland applications? I know us, Sep-20, might still be far. But would be great to know whats the latest updates on Outland applicants. Last time i heard was someone from Feb-20 AOR received updates....
Same here. Want to know in case anyone with Aug/Sep - AOR received any update. We are in dilemma that at what stage our application is??