+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Noupdates

Star Member
Mar 23, 2021
Any update on PNP applicant..was reading on other forum that nothing started for PNP applicants..applications are not even assigned to any officer.

frq1890

Mar 3, 2021
Just received this mail in response to webform raised couple weeks ago . It says security and criminality are valid, does it mean it is passed ? Also for eligibility the mail says responsible officer reviewed the eligibility requirements and may contact if additional documents are required. What does that mean ? Is it passed ? Any ideas ?

Thanks!

In your case, it seem everything is in order and the RR is because the note is from a CPC. There are two set of officers, Case processing agents and case analysts.

Case Analyst: Work under general supervision of the Immigration Program Manager or an Officer, analyzes, evaluates and makes recommendations on temporary and permanent resident applications.

Case processing agent: are more like office support workers who help in working on the files. For a job description see https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1170568

Case analysts would be higer ranked since they work directly under immigration officers to support them in managing caseload.

If you have a note by a CPC, then you may have a RR since it has to be through an offer before conclusion is made.

I am re-posting my old post on RR, hope you find it useful.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF or if you have answered yes to any statutory question. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

For stat questions, the officer will have to review if there are any concerns and the reasons or the prior visa refusal, was it in Canada of another country.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.
6. Answering yes to stat question

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just received this mail in response to webform raised couple weeks ago . It says security and criminality are valid, does it mean it is passed ? Also for eligibility the mail says responsible officer reviewed the eligibility requirements and may contact if additional documents are required. What does that mean ? Is it passed ? Any ideas ?

Thanks!
Answered on another thread.

Reactions: frq1890

ariocar

May 3, 2020
@legalfalcon my biometrics passed 45 days after the AOR and I received the $85 refund last week almost 7 month after AOR without receiving any ghost updates or messages from them.
Does it mean that the security has been started or finished or not necessarily and bio refund is not related to the background check?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon my biometrics passed 45 days after the AOR and I received the $85 refund last week almost 7 month after AOR without receiving any ghost updates or messages from them.
Does it mean that the security has been started or finished or not necessarily and bio refund is not related to the background check?
The refund has nothing to do with your BGC.

BGC constitutes criminality and security. Criminality is done early in the process and is largely based on your PCCs and biometrics. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Security usually starts after your eligibility is conclusively passed. See #4,004

To read on security, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This is not a matter of cocnern. During eligibility an officer have to review the file before marking the eligibility as conclusively passed.

If all stages have been passed then a final review has to be done to ensure that all documents are valid such as medicals, passports etc. before a PPR can be sent.

This is done for all applications.

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon, Once again I am in a dilemma and I need your expert opinion.

I am an FSW-Inland applicant with 24 Sept 2020 as my AOR date. From the GCSM notes ordered on 24 Feb 2021 I found out that my eligibility has been conclusively passed, criminality in progress and security not started. Right now I am on PGWP which is expiring on 21 July 2021 with my passport.

My question to you:
1. Should I apply for work permit extension now or wait for my PR to get through, hoping that I will get it before the expiration of my work permit?
2. If I apply for Work permit (PGWP) extension, how long does it usually take?

As always, your help is much appreciated. :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon, Once again I am in a dilemma and I need your expert opinion.

I am an FSW-Inland applicant with 24 Sept 2020 as my AOR date. From the GCSM notes ordered on 24 Feb 2021 I found out that my eligibility has been conclusively passed, criminality in progress and security not started. Right now I am on PGWP which is expiring on 21 July 2021 with my passport.

My question to you:
1. Should I apply for work permit extension now or wait for my PR to get through, hoping that I will get it before the expiration of my work permit?
2. If I apply for Work permit (PGWP) extension, how long does it usually take?

As always, your help is much appreciated. :)
Initiate the PGWP extension as IRCC is dealing with a lot of delays in processing PR applications. So you never know when you will get an approval. If you get it soon, that would be great, but if not, then you will have a valid status.

Currently as IRCC the processing time is 41 days for extensions of PGWP.

Naijageh

Nov 22, 2020
I just got this email below. Does this seem legit? Why will they not ask for it via my account instead?
................................................................................................................................
Agent / Agent (IRCC) <IRCC.Agent-Agent.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Dear client,

We require some information for the furtherance of your file. Please provide your current residential (physical) address and the date you began living there. We require the same information for any and all dependents.

You can provide this information by responding directly to this email by 2021-04-07.

Thank you,

Immigration Assistant, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

Adjointe à l'Immigration, Réseau national
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Initiate the PGWP extension as IRCC is dealing with a lot of delays in processing PR applications. So you never know when you will get an approval. If you get it soon, that would be great, but if not, then you will have a valid status.

Currently as IRCC the processing time is 41 days for extensions of PGWP.

Yeah, makes sense. Thank you @legalfalcon :)

Reactions: legalfalcon

Dkiks

Oct 7, 2020
I just got this email below. Does this seem legit? Why will they not ask for it via my account instead?
................................................................................................................................
Agent / Agent (IRCC) <IRCC.Agent-Agent.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Dear client,

We require some information for the furtherance of your file. Please provide your current residential (physical) address and the date you began living there. We require the same information for any and all dependents.

You can provide this information by responding directly to this email by 2021-04-07.

Thank you,

Immigration Assistant, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

Adjointe à l'Immigration, Réseau national
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
It appears to be legit, are you resident in the US Someone on my WhatsApp group got similar message