Oct 13, 2021
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update for people still waiting -

AOR - September 4, 2020
FSW - Outland
COR - US

Re-background check request - March 17. 2022
Request to submit Police clearance certificate again - March 23, 2022
No re-medical request (automatic revalidation on April 12, 2022)
PPR - April 14 2022
Passport sent - April 26,2022
COPR - May 24, 2022

Even though my passport took a while to get the Visa counterfoil, I am finally a PR of Canada. Hang in there for everybody who is still waiting. I know these timelines are extremely frustrating but they are finally moving applications. Good luck and hope you get your COPR soon too!

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi all,
I got my application approval and passport back last Friday. I got a request to fill Schedule-1 in March. They requested me to send passport in April. My passport was with VFS and Consulate for two months. I made a bunch of calls and emails to request expedite the case. I finally got my passport back last Friday (June 3). However, IRCC is asking me to travel to Canada before July 5, in less than a month.
I am currently in US under H1B and I cannot travel onboard without a visa interview. I also emailed my company lawyer and they recommended me not to travel before October. Has anyone been able to ask for an extension from IRCC?

zain151

Sep 24, 2019
AOR Sep 18, 2020
PNP - Outland
Re-medical request received on Dec 9, 2021 and passed on Dec 27, 2021.
No update since then…

Hello Everyone,

I've finally received PPR letter today - June 14th (Alhumdulillah). May all of you receive it very soon. Timelines seen below. Thank you, All.

@legalfalcon Thank you for your support. As you know, the next step is to submit the passport within 30-days for Visa issuance. We are a family of 3. My 4-year old son's US passport will expire in December 1st week this year. Me and My wife are Indian citizens with passport validity of more than 10-months.

I have couple of questions as follows:

1) Since he is a US citizen (minor), does he require a Canadian Visa or eTA?
2) The PPR letter mentions about passport validity of 6-months. If a Canadian visa is needed, do you suggest renewing the US passport first (not sure how fast it can be renewed here in India), given the timeline of submitting within 30-days? Or do you suggest to request timeline extension just so I can renew my son's US passport?

PNP-Outland (OINP, FSW)
COR - India
AOR - Sep 18, 2020
Re-medical request - Dec 9, 2021
Re-medical approved - Dec 27, 2021

Thanks,
Zain

Reactions: Slina

bobbybland

Sep 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I've finally received PPR letter today - June 14th (Alhumdulillah). May all of you receive it very soon. Timelines seen below. Thank you, All.

@legalfalcon Thank you for your support. As you know, the next step is to submit the passport within 30-days for Visa issuance. We are a family of 3. My 4-year old son's US passport will expire in December 1st week this year. Me and My wife are Indian citizens with passport validity of more than 10-months.

I have couple of questions as follows:

1) Since he is a US citizen (minor), does he require a Canadian Visa or eTA?
2) The PPR letter mentions about passport validity of 6-months. If a Canadian visa is needed, do you suggest renewing the US passport first (not sure how fast it can be renewed here in India), given the timeline of submitting within 30-days? Or do you suggest to request timeline extension just so I can renew my son's US passport?

PNP-Outland (OINP, FSW)
COR - India
AOR - Sep 18, 2020
Re-medical request - Dec 9, 2021
Re-medical approved - Dec 27, 2021

Thanks,
Zain
Thank you for the informations, zain151.
Can I ask you something? In my case they never asked for another medical exam (or re-background check, or re-police clearant certificate).
Maybe they don't need another one? Or they never looked at my aplication?
If anyone has any information about this, please share?

zain151

Sep 24, 2019
Thank you for the informations, zain151.
Can I ask you something? In my case they never asked for another medical exam (or re-background check, or re-police clearant certificate).
Maybe they don't need another one? Or they never looked at my aplication?
If anyone has any information about this, please share?
Hello,

IRCC earlier this year announced that the processing timelines for PNP is 22 months. I got my PPR in the 21st month. You still have one month to go considering you are PNP too.

As far as your re-medical goes, I think it is generally issued before making a final decision. In my case, re-medicals were passed in Dec’21 but still IRCC took 6 more months. Probably the security check took longer. Try ordering GCMS notes to see what stage/status of your application is.
Thanks,
Nazim

r1976

Oct 26, 2021
Hello,

IRCC earlier this year announced that the processing timelines for PNP is 22 months. I got my PPR in the 21st month. You still have one month to go considering you are PNP too.

As far as your re-medical goes, I think it is generally issued before making a final decision. In my case, re-medicals were passed in Dec’21 but still IRCC took 6 more months. Probably the security check took longer. Try ordering GCMS notes to see what stage/status of your application is.
Thanks,
Nazim
I got my GCMS notes on 3rd June (I had ordered those in Oct 21). The notes indicate they had even issued COPR and sent for printing (if I am reading it right). Not sure where things are stuck. I am in UAE was expecting an update from Abu Dhabi but then the last update (as per the notes) shows Delhi Vo saying medicals should not be asked again. That update is also as of September last year. Not sure what should be the course of action here to give that final push !

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Hi Guys,
Sharing my application status below, what are the next steps? What will happen next? People with similar AOR have PPR approved but my application is still stuck. Can I do something to speed up things?

ASSESSMENTS

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

Chawla22

Jan 6, 2021
We finally got some action on our application, we have received ADR for proof of funds today and we have submitted required documents right away.

Hope to get further great news soon..

Amen

Reactions: krithishankar

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hi everyone, Hope you're doing well. Looking for some quick suggestions here.

I'm an FSW Inland applicant with dependent outland (US).

August 10,2022 - Got an update in GC Key account with RFV/Information Letter requesting dependent to submit passport.
August 11,2022 - Both myself and my spouse got IRCC Permanent Residence Portal email asking to confirm presence in Canada.

So my husband is currently in Canada to visit me, so when Im replying back to the portal email should I answer "Yes" to say that my dependent is currently in Canada? In that case would he be getting an eCOPR as well or should we continue with sending his passport as requested by IRCC earlier? Is there any deadline to reply to the email?

P.S. - Also my husband would be leaving to the US in a week, so is it best to declare that he's in Canada now or should I wait for him to travel back and then reply to the email?

Thanks!

r1976

Oct 26, 2021
Is there anyone left from the September 2020 AOR batch who is still waiting to hear about their application?