+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Has it been more than a year since you did your medicals? Trying to understand if it is an automatic update or some officer is reviewing your file again. Hopefully the latter!
Hey i did my medical in August last year so I figured its probably just an automatic update. Do you know if they have given some extension on people's medical record? Or does that mean my medical will be expired once it passed he 1-yr window.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Hey i did my medical in August last year so I figured its probably just an automatic update. Do you know if they have given some extension on people's medical record? Or does that mean my medical will be expired once it passed he 1-yr window.
Then it is possible it was an automatic update. Medicals are valid for one year. The officer either automatically extends it for one more year or requests for a re-remedical on a case-by-case basis, as far as I understand.

vik.k

May 11, 2015
My parents who also applied PR under different category got email today for medical renewal and some documents, last communication by IRCC was January 21, So finally things have started moving,,,, little hope....
Hi, when did you applied for your parents...its been more than 2 years for my parents applications and they have not even requested the medicals yet..

#EEC

May 19, 2019
Hi, when did you applied for your parents...its been more than 2 years for my parents applications and they have not even requested the medicals yet..
May 2019, I know many parents who haven't heard from IRCC, two of my uncles haven't received anything from ircc, they applied in same year as mine...

CanadaDesi_2021

Jun 9, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon - I have a query and need your insights.
My AOR is Sept, 2020 (CEC with one inland dependent i.e. my spouse). Today we received our portal credentials and uploaded our photos and now waiting for CoPR. My spouse is currently on implied status ( closed wp extension application is in progress). My question is - can we expect to receive a CoPR while my spouse is in implied status or whether her wp extension has to be approved first by IRCC before issuing the CoPR?

Reactions: Carmen01

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My AOR is Sept, 2020 (CEC with one inland dependent i.e. my spouse). Today we received our portal credentials and uploaded our photos and now waiting for CoPR. My spouse is currently on implied status ( closed wp extension application is in progress). My question is - can we expect to receive a CoPR while my spouse is in implied status or whether her wp extension has to be approved first by IRCC before issuing the CoPR?
There is no such rule that a pending TRV has to be approved first.

If you get a COPR, all pending TRV and valid permits will be cancelled since as a PR, you do not need any visa or permit to work or stay in Canada.

Reactions: CanadaDesi_2021

janaan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
This is great news!! You'll get your COPR very soon :)

What exact date was your AOR? Mine is Sept. 05, but haven't heard anything yet (CEC Inland with one dependent Inland, too)

Reactions: CanadaDesi_2021

astarter

Sep 2, 2020
Hello,

My AOR is from Sep 2020. It's FSW-Outland since we were in USA at that time. Since then we have moved to Canada on a work permit and are working here since beginning of this year. I was hoping we would get our PR by now and I won't have to figure this part out. Multiple GCMS notes have basically concluded that our applications have not been touched much since Nov 2020 when medical was passed and eligibility was recommended passed. We are originally from India and our parents are still there. We have not travelled to India for last 2.5 years (our trip got cancelled last year due to Covid) and we haven't planned any since then. Now, we are thinking to go to India later this year (say in Nov) for 2 months. Some of this would be vacation and other we'll be just working from there since we anyways work remotely for our teams in USA. Now, I think there are some interesting intersections with our PR application which I'm hoping someone can help me understand:

a) Scenario 1: If we get our PR approved say in October and we get e-CoPR, does this mean that we can't travel outside of Canada until we get PR card since our visa/work permit would be immediately cancelled and it would take time to get PR card? How long this wait can be?
b) Scenario 2: If we are in India say in Nov and then we get e-CoPR email, do we just get stuck in India since our visa is cancelled immediately and we don't have PR card yet? How do we get PR card then? Would those be shipped to India? How long can it take?

I guess I'll have more questions once someone helps with those questions. I'm sorry if these questions are very basic but as I'm planning my trip to India, I want to understand all the possible scenarios.

@legalfalcon , you have been very helpful on these threads? Can I ask for your attention and help here for these queries?

Pinging again here with hope. Can someone please provide some guidance on this?

CanadaDesi_2021

Jun 9, 2021
This is great news!! You'll get your COPR very soon :)

What exact date was your AOR? Mine is Sept. 05, but haven't heard anything yet (CEC Inland with one dependent Inland, too)
Thanks bro! Mine is Sept 25. My last call to IRCC was on 3rd Aug and until then security was not started and then got the portal email on 8th Aug. An officer just will have to pickup your file and then things will start moving soon from there. I hope you get it super soon! All the best

janaan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Thanks bro! Mine is Sept 25. My last call to IRCC was on 3rd Aug and until then security was not started and then got the portal email on 8th Aug. An officer just will have to pickup your file and then things will start moving soon from there. I hope you get it super soon! All the best
Thanks, that's what I've figured. Someone just needs to pick it up and they will process it fast then.

Congrats to you! Happy to see Sept. applications moving!

Grace1234

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
EE PNP (AINP) inland
AOR - September 11, 2020
Medical - passed November 29, 2020
Background in progress:
Criminality - in process
Security - not started
Eligibility - not started
Nearly a year since AOR and still no update should I apply for CEC instead? Any thoughts?

• Sad
Reactions: manjax23 and upon

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
EE PNP (AINP) inland
AOR - September 11, 2020
Medical - passed November 29, 2020
Background in progress:
Criminality - in process
Security - not started
Eligibility - not started
Nearly a year since AOR and still no update should I apply for CEC instead? Any thoughts?
If you are eligible under CEC you can apply.

Vroh

Oct 7, 2020
Hi all, My Aor is September 2020 CEC with 3dependants Outland . In July, I moved out of Canada due to an emergency. Recently, my dependants got remedicals. After submitting them, I got a mail to provide current location. My temporary visa got expired.
My doubt: Is this a positive sign? Will they issue ppr for all us?
@legalfalcon please share your inputs.