Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
After OWP, is it still required to extend the visitor visa in case 6 months are up? Tried looking for this info everywhere and must have read 200+ blogs but there isn’t anything in black and white. Perhaps best to call immigration folks.
As far as I understand, the OWP acts as the extension of visitor status, as essentially it allows us to stay for 2 years!

Reactions: TriniKRN and NDZ611

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
If my math is correct I am hopping I will get some news regarding our WOP tomorrow..... My calculation is based on spreadsheet

Reactions: TriniKRN

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
They just seem to be doing them in large batches. A lot of people got their OWP's approved all at once last Friday (at about 3-4 PST). I kind of suspect that'll happen again but if not we might have a slightly longer wait.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
I haven't seen another month where there has been such a long gap in OWP approvals. :confused:
some June people still are waiting and never had theirs returned. So yeah they got super backed up over the Summer and are just getting closer to normal time. So this is all still really good.

Reactions: TriniKRN

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
some June people still are waiting and never had theirs returned. So yeah they got super backed up over the Summer and are just getting closer to normal time. So this is all still really good.
Ok. Seems wrong though. I mean, some people from June having to wait so long for OWP, not because there was something wrong leading to a return, whilst other people from their month and others after get it on time. :confused:

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Ok. Seems wrong though. I mean, some people from June having to wait so long for OWP, not because there was something wrong leading to a return, whilst other people from their month and others after get it on time. :confused:
Sadly yes, very wrong indeed. You would think they would prioritize the work permits especially for PR applicants who cant work yet, so that they can contribute and live of something else than their partner or saved up money