15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Application sent: 11th of September
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 5th of November
Invitation to apply to MIDI Quebec: 15th of November
I received both via email to the sponsor. They also sent a letter to the address on file but letter arrived later than the email.
Thanks a lot! That’s very helpful.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I sent application on Sep 5th.

I got AOR on October 23th, but I haven't gotten OWP yet.

Any idea what's going on with it?

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
We'll probably get a bunch of approvals in a big batch on Friday. Looking at August people, that seems to be how it went for them as well. And since that's what happened last week, that's what I'd assume would happen again. Hoping it's a decent batch of people. :)

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019

twgoundarmorton

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Barrie, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2019
AOR Received.
31-10-2019
LANDED..........
24-07-2020
I’ve seen this, there doesn’t seem to be any information about existing applications being exempt. If we have to do biometrics I’m hoping that it doesn’t slow down applications!

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Anyone saw this news?

Foreign nationals now need biometrics to apply for permanent residence from within Canada from Dec 3, 2019.

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/12/foreign-nationals-now-need-to-submit-biometrics-to-apply-for-permanent-residence-within-canada-1213292.html#gs.jzdasj

Below link is to find out, if we need to give biometrics

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Can someone please find out if the existing applications are excluded or we need to give?
I knew this was coming, but I always thought that those of us with still valid biometrics would not have to supply it again. I see now that I was wrong about that. :(

Oh well... book as soon as possible I guess.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Anyone saw this news?

Foreign nationals now need biometrics to apply for permanent residence from within Canada from Dec 3, 2019.

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/12/foreign-nationals-now-need-to-submit-biometrics-to-apply-for-permanent-residence-within-canada-1213292.html#gs.jzdasj

Below link is to find out, if we need to give biometrics

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Can someone please find out if the existing applications are excluded or we need to give?
I strongly believe existing applications are exempt, as they will have enough to do with all new applications from now forward and need to get everything up and running. With the delays in processing as they are I highly doubt they will go back and make everyone from June till December submit Biometrics now

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
The article says "Prior to December 3, only immigration candidates applying from outside of Canada had to submit their fingerprints and photo." but it's very vague on the website. I would imagine that if you received AOR before December 3, you would be exempt. I'm sure more info will come out as more people ask questions and they're able to glean whether it's worth delaying applications (as almost none of us paid in advance, and some of those that did already got refunded!).

We are "prior to December 3" applicants.

Reactions: TriniKRN

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
I strongly believe existing applications are exempt, as they will have enough to do with all new applications from now forward and need to get everything up and running. With the delays in processing as they are I highly doubt they will go back and make everyone from June till December submit Biometrics now
The article says "Prior to December 3, only immigration candidates applying from outside of Canada had to submit their fingerprints and photo." but it's very vague on the website. I would imagine that if you received AOR before December 3, you would be exempt. I'm sure more info will come out as more people ask questions and they're able to glean whether it's worth delaying applications (as almost none of us paid in advance, and some of those that did already got refunded!).

We are "prior to December 3" applicants.
I agree with your point of view @simoneleah. However, using @Manny777's second link (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp) note the following.

======================

On the site I selected:

1. Select one. - I gave biometrics in the past
2. For which type of application did you give your biometrices in the past? - a visitor visa, study or work permit application ONLY
3. Are your biometrics still valid? - Yes

Result:

Answer: It depends what you apply for and if you’re between 14 and 79 years old.
If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid. This includes:

You need to make an appointment to give biometrics.

Find out more about biometrics:

If you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit
You don’t need to give your biometrics if they’re still valid.

You can find out if your biometrics are still valid and when they expire by using the Check Status Tool.

This tool provides general guidance. Depending on your situation, you may need to give biometrics. If so, we’ll send you a letter to confirm that you need to.

======================

I do hope that common sense prevails and we aren't asked to supply biometrics again, as it would mean more time and more money.

avijitmallick

Dec 3, 2019
Can anyone please help me in linking the paper to the application online?
I have received my AOR (sponsorship) with a file number and UCI. I was trying to link it to the principal applicant's online account but was not successful.
Am I supposed to add it to my account or principal applicant's account?

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Can anyone please help me in linking the paper to the application online?
I have received my AOR (sponsorship) with a file number and UCI. I was trying to link it to the principal applicant's online account but was not successful.
Am I supposed to add it to my account or principal applicant's account?
You CAN link it to the Principal applicant's account. Which paper application are you trying to link?
  • If it is the Sponsorship application you are trying to link, use the UCI you got with the AOR email.
  • If it is the OWP application you are trying to link use the Principal Applicant's UCI (the one used for Visitor Visa if applicable).
For more detail review the 'Linking to MyCIC" tab on the spreadsheet. Also review this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2019-inland-spousal-pr-owp.652600/page-21#post-8303149.

Reactions: avijitmallick

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I agree with your point of view @simoneleah. However, using @Manny777's second link (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp) note the following.

======================

On the site I selected:

1. Select one. - I gave biometrics in the past
2. For which type of application did you give your biometrices in the past? - a visitor visa, study or work permit application ONLY
3. Are your biometrics still valid? - Yes

Result:

Answer: It depends what you apply for and if you’re between 14 and 79 years old.
If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid. This includes:

You need to make an appointment to give biometrics.

Find out more about biometrics:

If you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit
You don’t need to give your biometrics if they’re still valid.

You can find out if your biometrics are still valid and when they expire by using the Check Status Tool.

This tool provides general guidance. Depending on your situation, you may need to give biometrics. If so, we’ll send you a letter to confirm that you need to.

======================

I do hope that common sense prevails and we aren't asked to supply biometrics again, as it would mean more time and more money.
Yeah - for my situation, it just says:

"Select one: (required)
I didn’t give biometrics in the past (I selected this)
I gave biometrics in the past
Select the country code that matches the one on your passport. (required) USA

Answer: You don’t need to give your biometrics.

As a U.S. citizen or national, you don’t need to give your biometrics.

Exception: If you apply for permanent residence in Canada, you need to give your biometrics."

So...Very unhelpful, haha. I don't think this answer has been updated since yesterday.

I think we will get a letter if we need it. But I do worry about delays for not paying upfront if they're required. That's my main worry. But I also imagine it would be 100x more complicated for them to go back through every applicant, send out letters, process payments, and then collect them - you know? How many do they decide? Do they take June applicants, who are almost finished with the process, and make them do biometrics? If not, then which month is the cut off? July, August, September?

I guess the information just doesn't exist yet. So we're probably getting a little overexcited, lol