+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

AmadeoS

Jan 6, 2020
Hi Admin. Not sure why on google docs it is said that I've got the invitation to Oat and Oat date. I wish it could be true, but I have not received any updates for the invitation since Apr/23/2021 - more then 6 long months already( It must be someone else dates. Could you please help to remove. Thank you.

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
I'm five days away from my Citizenship Ceremony date (Nov 1st) and I still have not received the email with instructions for the ceremony (I have only been able to see the ceremony date online in the new tracker). I noticed that some others on this forum also received their emails only a few days before the cremony.

Is this something that I should be worried about, and should I be taking any action? To what point should I wait before acting? The online tracker instructions suggest contacting IRCC "If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment". It seems a bit moot to try and contact them on that date, given that most people find it impossible to reach them!

This process continues to be a very frustrating one right to the end!

Admins, please update spreadsheet (Citizenship Ceremony information below in bold):

App Type: Family (self + 2 children)
Physical Presence Days: don't remember
App Sent:
App Delivered: Sep 06, 2019
AOR: Nov 18, 2019
In-process: Jan 15, 2020
Test Invitation: May 13, 2021
Online Test Taken: May 29, 2021 (Unofficial score 20/20)
Decision Made: August 13, 2021
Citizenship Ceremony Date Updated in the new portal: Oct 1st
Citizenship Ceremony Invitation date: Nov 1st

I have only seen the update about the Citizenship Ceremony in the new online tracker - I have not received the email yet. I hope it comes soon.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I'm five days away from my Citizenship Ceremony date (Nov 1st) and I still have not received the email with instructions for the ceremony (I have only been able to see the ceremony date online in the new tracker). I noticed that some others on this forum also received their emails only a few days before the cremony.

Is this something that I should be worried about, and should I be taking any action? To what point should I wait before acting? The online tracker instructions suggest contacting IRCC "If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment". It seems a bit moot to try and contact them on that date, given that most people find it impossible to reach them!

This process continues to be a very frustrating one right to the end!
You can try to ask them: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp . Honestly, the official invitation is the only doc for reference, not the tracker. Still, they could simply forget to send you an email. So politely reminding would be fine I think.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Looks like Montreal is still trailing the other processing centres, unfortunately.. :/
This is not the first applicant from Ottawa whose oath is handled by the Montreal office. Very generous!.. Given that some originally Montreal applicants are waiting for an oath for 6 months...

• Angry
Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
This is not the first applicant from Ottawa whose oath is handled by the Montreal office. Very generous!.. Given that some originally Montreal applicants are waiting for an oath for 6 months...
How did you know it was being handled by Montreal? I must have missed his statement about that..

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
How did you know it was being handled by Montreal? I must have missed his statement about that..
Oh, sorry my bad. I was jumping between Montreal and Sep threats... Still, there were some applicants in the past from Ottawa who had their oaths handled by the Montreal office (received oath invitation from Montreal).

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Oh, sorry my bad. I was jumping between Montreal and Sep threats... Still, there were some applicants in the past from Ottawa who had their oaths handled by the Montreal office (received oath invitation from Montreal).
And those who are waiting for oath in the Montreal office? It's very strange the Montreal office is offloading other offices oaths, while it applicants are stuck in the oath ready state for months.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
And those who are waiting for oath in the Montreal office? It's very strange the Montreal office is offloading other offices oaths, while it applicants are stuck in the oath ready state for months.
Apparently, they think that their speed is fine and everything is under control... :)

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Apparently, they think that their speed is fine and everything is under control... :)
I also notice someone whose office is in Ontario, their urgent processing request is being handled by the Montreal office!! What's happening? Now the Montreal office is quicker than other offices :confused:

Reactions: Orgcom