+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Fact: IRCC hires anybody living in Canada with a valid work status (Citizenship, PR, Work permit). There might be certain positions that do require Citizenship due to government clearances etc. But the lower tier employees generally don’t.
Didn't work my beautiful plan... :rolleyes:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
ya no use asking on general status. Seems same copy paste message most of us get if we ask for general status other than any urgent request(or attaching docs etc).
Not sure what people expect. There is not much more that they can specify but it’s in line to be processed. People sending frequent webform about processing, int acting MPs, calling IRCC, etc. just uses resources that could be used for processing. Sending frequent webforms about processing times doesn’t actually do anything.

Reactions: bellaluna

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Not sure what people expect. There is not much more that they can specify but it’s in line to be processed. People sending frequent webform about processing, int acting MPs, calling IRCC, etc. just uses resources that could be used for processing. Sending frequent webforms about processing times doesn’t actually do anything.
I agree on duplicate requests. Its not going to help anyone since they are going to be burdened with more requests to process duplicate queries.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I get helping refugees, but given how lethargic the response has been for us 2019 applicants, I worry that this will tack multiple months, if not years, onto what was already a very slow process - we could be looking at getting backlogged well into 2022 or worse at this point, if this is true. I hope I'm just fretting over nothing...

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Guys, let's face it, we cannot do a thing here. We've already paid for the processing. We're staying and working in Canada. Giving us citizenship fast doesn't make any difference for the Canadian economy. That's why citizenship applications are of low priority. We just have to surrender to the mercy of IRCC and pray, that there will be no other COVIDs or things like that...

Reactions: harirajmohan

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Guys, let's face it, we cannot do a thing here. We've already paid for the processing. We're staying and working in Canada. Giving us citizenship fast doesn't make any difference for the Canadian economy. That's why citizenship applications are of low priority. We just have to surrender to the mercy of IRCC and pray, that there will be no other COVIDs or things like that...
Apologies, but I will respectfully disagree with you - just because something is what it is doesn't mean that we have to either accept or like it, especially when people that applied well after us have already gotten full citizenship and yet we're stuck in some sort of weird time warp where everything moves at a quarter speed. I welcome you to sit back and enjoy the ride - be my guest. But I reserve the right to be unhappy with how slow this is progressing and the constant deprioritization of our cases.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Apologies, but I will respectfully disagree with you - just because something is what it is doesn't mean that we have to either accept or like it, especially when people that applied well after us have already gotten full citizenship and yet we're stuck in some sort of weird time warp where everything moves at a quarter speed. I welcome you to sit back and enjoy the ride - be my guest. But I reserve the right to be unhappy with how slow this is progressing and the constant deprioritization of our cases.
The American rebel in you is angry. In Canada though you have to put it on leash and learn how to ignore such things. Otherwise, they will burn you from inside. I highly doubt that lawyers or anybody here can do anything to the government. So ZEN is the only right choice in this situation.

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

sunnyakasandy

Jan 2, 2017
The online tracker says I have been scheduled for Oath on October 21st but I haven't received any instructions yet. Do you get those by post or email?

How much time it takes post oath to receive citizenship certificate? I was hoping to vote in elections but I guess not.

Thanks.

Reactions: sngr09

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
The online tracker says I have been scheduled for Oath on October 21st but I haven't received any instructions yet. Do you get those by post or email?
Email, 2-7+ days before the oath date.

Reactions: sunnyakasandy

tsingh45

Dec 31, 2012
I checked my online status on new tracker and it says they requested fingerprints on Aug 30th but I have not received any email yet...is it normal?

PawManya

Aug 27, 2015
I checked my online status on new tracker and it says they requested fingerprints on Aug 30th but I have not received any email yet...is it normal?
Yes, in my experience, it takes 1-2 business days to receive the e-mail. Dont forget to also check your spam.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hi All

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong group to post this question.

Since IRCC is working on a mind of their own, and we have no idea when they would schedule an oath ceremony for us. My wife and I are planning a trip to India in December if everything opens up by then. The issue we have is our PR cards are expired and we did send them for renewal and that also we don't have a definite timeline as to when we would get them.

Can we travel to India come back to the US, and then drive back to Canada with our COPR letters would it be okay at the border or would they ask for valid PR cards.

Any help would be appreciated

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hi All

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong group to post this question.

Since IRCC is working on a mind of their own, and we have no idea when they would schedule an oath ceremony for us. My wife and I are planning a trip to India in December if everything opens up by then. The issue we have is our PR cards are expired and we did send them for renewal and that also we don't have a definite timeline as to when we would get them.

Can we travel to India come back to the US, and then drive back to Canada with our COPR letters would it be okay at the border or would they ask for valid PR cards.

Any help would be appreciated
You need valid PR card or PRTD paper in order to enter back in Canada…

Reactions: titans8289