+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks but is 6 months normal? Are there other people in this group who have been waiting for 6 months or more? Most I've seen is 2 - 3 months and then they get the invite for oath ceremony
I think it mainly depends on the office. For the Montreal office, it’s quite normal, people wait even longer for the oath here. For your office, I would say it's not normal…
Go ahead, call them, file the online inquiry, and request GCMS (ATIP) notes.

Last edited:

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
As said by others most likely depends on the office.

I just came to know yesterday that a significant number of agents are currently being shifted to handle the process of the Afghan refugees Canada has committed to take. What was initially laid out to be a 2 years plan needs now to be finalized in 2 weeks.

That doesn’t explain the experience long time since February, but the prioritization of the Afghan refugees may even add some more wait time to the various parts of the process.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Thanks but is 6 months normal? Are there other people in this group who have been waiting for 6 months or more? Most I've seen is 2 - 3 months and then they get the invite for oath ceremony
I'm also experiencing the same frustration. I wrote my test on February 19th. It took them 3 months to send me an interview invite. And another 7 weeks to update everything on the tracker after the interview. It's been more than 6 months since I took the test and I still haven't gotten an oath invite. I really hope that they'll start clearing the backlog for 2018 and 2019 applicants. One can only hope.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I'm also experiencing the same frustration. I wrote my test on February 19th. It took them 3 months to send me an interview invite. And another 7 weeks to update everything on the tracker after the interview. It's been more than 6 months since I took the test and I still haven't gotten an oath invite. I really hope that they'll start clearing the backlog for 2018 and 2019 applicants. One can only hope.
Year, some people have their applications processed within a year, some are stuck for more than two years… Nobody, except IRCC, understands the logic behind it…
It looks like the 2021 people have normal processing speed. On the other hand, the 2019 people are left behind for some reason…

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
As said by others most likely depends on the office.

I just came to know yesterday that a significant number of agents are currently being shifted to handle the process of the Afghan refugees Canada has committed to take. What was initially laid out to be a 2 years plan needs now to be finalized in 2 weeks.

That doesn’t explain the experience long time since February, but the prioritization of the Afghan refugees may even add some more wait time to the various parts of the process.
How did you come to know about the reallocation of officers to Afghan refugees ? Is there a verifable source for that ?

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
6 months after your test have been validated is unusual as per IRCC website, which states that “applicants usually get invited for Oath within 3 months of writing the test”. Though and unfortunately in covid times everything seems to be fair game for IRCC. Your case is definitely not isolated so don’t feel bad about it. I’ve seen others waiting for similar timelines after test. hope you get Oath soon.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
I m decision made since July 27, trying to be pushy and contacted Mississauga processing office via email to see if i could get an early oath, just got response stating i m in queue for oath and they will contact in due course... Your guess is as good as mine

Hey

Do you mind sharing the Mississauaga processing office email details, even I would like to mail and ask them whats happening with our citizenship oath status

Regards

Reactions: rhi

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Anyone here from Winnipeg office waiting for Oath ceremony more than 3 month after test completed? I am really worried now…. It gives lot of disappointment when we heard that applicant from 2020 year got their citizenship and i am ashamed to tell them that i am still waiting…. What is going on with IRCC….

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Anyone here from Winnipeg office waiting for Oath ceremony more than 3 month after test completed? I am really worried now…. It gives lot of disappointment when we heard that applicant from 2020 year got their citizenship and i am ashamed to tell them that i am still waiting…. What is going on with IRCC….
All the officers are working with Afghan refugees now. Try to relax and be understanding... :)

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ottawa-ministers-vow-to-bring-20000-afghan-refugees-to-safety/

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
All the officers are working with Afghan refugees now. Try to relax and be understanding... :)

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ottawa-ministers-vow-to-bring-20000-afghan-refugees-to-safety/
I appreciated what they are doing for Afhgans…. But why the citizenship applicants are only suffering here…. Specially 2019 applicants…. My passport is expired and my PR card is expired and to renew them you need to pay unnecessary fee and waiting game starts… also provided them 2 times finger prints with paying each time $150 for me and my wife…. Why i am disappointed because delay we have to pay not cic and we already paying lot of taxes to them….and they dont care about u…..

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
How did you come to know about the reallocation of officers to Afghan refugees ? Is there a verifable source for that ?
What @CasioLottoMax has said is correct. We spoke to our MP yesterday. They got official notification from IRCC advising the MPs not to contact IRCC for 'trivial' citizenship matters since IRCC has moved lot of resources to Afghan refugees' application processing.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What @CasioLottoMax has said is correct. We spoke to our MP yesterday. They got official notification from IRCC advising the MPs not to contact IRCC for 'trivial' citizenship matters since IRCC has moved lot of resources to Afghan refugees' application processing.
when will ircc send notice to us that we even should not contact them :rolleyes:. Seems they are already doing it indirectly but not replying to my webform.
IRCC is Out of Control for years hence they will even start threating applicants saying they will place the file under non-routine if we ask the status on our applications - its the only thing remaining now.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
IRCC is doing a great job! I would suggest they hire more workers to be able to process even more applications. Unfortunately, to get a job at IRCC one needs a Canadien passport. I'm quite sure, a lot of future citizens would like to join IRCC, so finishing more citizenship applications will eventually lead to faster processing of refugee applications... :)

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
IRCC is doing a great job! I would suggest they hire more workers to be able to process even more applications. Unfortunately, to get a job at IRCC one needs a Canadien passport. I'm quite sure, a lot of future citizens would like to join IRCC, so finishing more citizenship applications will eventually lead to faster processing of refugee applications... :)
Fact: IRCC hires anybody living in Canada with a valid work status (Citizenship, PR, Work permit). There might be certain positions that do require Citizenship due to government clearances etc. But the lower tier employees generally don’t.