+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Said1010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hello everyone
I am feeling very down with the situation, it seems nothing will happen soon with this pandemic. I feel we are going to complete two years for nothing. They didn’t touch the file since feb 2020, the only thing moving it to Ottawa office. The priority for may 2020, what about 2019? This shall be express process, I’m unable to change minor thing in my life because my focus is distracted with this long waiting. Application has been placed for review for a none required document and despite they know it is not required as per their rule. I wish good luck to everyone but seems we are facing very unlucky situation.
Same here

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
Can be related to your medical. Has it been extended recently or have you got a re-medical request?
All my last GUs were related to a medical exam and eventually resulted in "you passed the medical exam" message in Feb.

No updates since then, though, so remedical/extension is not necessarily a PPR predictor nowadays.
Unfortunately, nothing like that, no re-medical request or medical extension. Seems really strange these GUs.

BrittoB2

Mar 25, 2021
is there some indication that the case is in a local office? I have the same situation as yours but when I asked then in the hotline they say it’s in the Ottawa office.
The only hint I have regarding this is that I noticed is on my most recent GSCMS notes that the secondary office was updated as "Abu Dhabi" (I applied from UAE).
hope we get some clarity soon but with the current travel restrictions and lockdowns again it could be delayed further.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I had a ghost update in my account at midnight on May 1st.
Today I tried to call IRCC but the automated system said it was unable to find my account information based on my UCI/Application Number/Year of birth. They hung up on me instead of connecting to the agent as well.
Did anyone else experience the same?

A crazy thought came to my head - can IRCC be retiring older application after some time to give space for the new applicants/new PR programs they're piloting?

• Haha
Reactions: Midnight Blessing

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi all,

I had a ghost update in my account at midnight on May 1st.
Today I tried to call IRCC but the automated system said it was unable to find my account information based on my UCI/Application Number/Year of birth. They hung up on me instead of connecting to the agent as well.
Did anyone else experience the same?

A crazy thought came to my head - can IRCC be retiring older application after some time to give space for the new applicants/new PR programs they're piloting?

Chill, you are thinking too much. they have enough space to accommodate all in their digital system.

Reactions: vsfedotov

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
A few more ghost updates in my account over this weekend.
I wonder if there's any meaning to it, or system glitches again...

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My partner and I are expecting a baby sometime in September. We are not officially married and have just been dating. Just wondering, would I be required to add my baby and/or partner on my application, let's say the baby arrives before my PR application is approved or can I wait until it is approved? The reason I ask is because I have been waiting for such a long time, and I'm afraid once I add my partner and baby to the application before it is approved, it will further increase the waiting time. I was planning to get to Canada first and maybe stay for a month, and come back home and officially marry my partner, and then apply a spousal visa for her. Whilst waiting for her spousal visa maybe also apply for a visitor visa or student visa for her so she can be with me in Canada. But by not declaring, that I have a baby (once it arrives), wouldn't I be commiting an offence under Canadian immigration? Also at this moment, since my partner and I are not married, wouldn't it be more difficult process since we do not have a marriage certificate to prove our union? I'm still hoping I would have gotten my PR approval before the baby arrives, but in case it arrives before my approval, what is the best way forward? Can I just delay declaring that I have a baby until after my PR is approved and I have landed in Canada? Your help will be greatly appreciated?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My partner and I are expecting a baby sometime in September. We are not officially married and have just been dating. Just wondering, would I be required to add my baby and/or partner on my application, let's say the baby arrives before my PR application is approved or can I wait until it is approved? The reason I ask is because I have been waiting for such a long time, and I'm afraid once I add my partner and baby to the application before it is approved, it will further increase the waiting time. I was planning to get to Canada first and maybe stay for a month, and come back home and officially marry my partner, and then apply a spousal visa for her. Whilst waiting for her spousal visa maybe also apply for a visitor visa or student visa for her so she can be with me in Canada. But by not declaring, that I have a baby (once it arrives), wouldn't I be commiting an offence under Canadian immigration? Also at this moment, since my partner and I are not married, wouldn't it be more difficult process since we do not have a marriage certificate to prove our union? I'm still hoping I would have gotten my PR approval before the baby arrives, but in case it arrives before my approval, what is the best way forward? Can I just delay declaring that I have a baby until after my PR is approved and I have landed in Canada? Your help will be greatly appreciated?
You will have to add your child as and when it is born if you have not landed in Canada. Even if you have been issued a COPR, but if you have not travelled and landed, you have to inform IRCC of the change of family composition.

As regards your partner, if you were in a Common law relationship, you had to disclose it, and not doing so is misrepresentation.

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks for your response @legalfalcon . We were just in a 'boyfriend and girlfriend' relationship until recently when we found out we were expecting. We were not living together, she was living with her parents and I was living by myself. Does that qualify as a common law relationship or its only now when it qualifies? Do I now have to declare that under common law relationship? We have been living together for about 2 months. Also she doesn't have a passport at the moment, do I just add her to my application? Look forward to your response
You will have to add your child as and when it is born if you have not landed in Canada. Even if you have been issued a COPR, but if you have not travelled and landed, you have to inform IRCC of the change of family composition.

As regards your partner, if you were in a Common law relationship, you had to disclose it, and not doing so is misrepresentation.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your response @legalfalcon . We were just in a 'boyfriend and girlfriend' relationship until recently when we found out we were expecting. We were not living together, she was living with her parents and I was living by myself. Does that qualify as a common law relationship or its only now when it qualifies? Do I now have to declare that under common law relationship? We have been living together for about 2 months. Also she doesn't have a passport at the moment, do I just add her to my application? Look forward to your response
If that was the case, then you are fine, all I sated was that if your were in a CL relationship, then the same should have been disclosed irrespective of whether your partner is accompanying or not. If you were not in a CL relationship, then you need not have mentioned it.

As per IRCC:

A common-law relationship is legally a de facto relationship, meaning that it must be established in each individual case, based on the facts. This is in contrast to a marriage, which is legally a de jure relationship, meaning that it has been established in law.

In the case of a common-law partner, documentary evidence should include:

• a completed Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire (IMM 5532) (included in the application package)
  • proof of separation from a former spouse if either the sponsor or the applicant were previously married
  • a completed Statutory Declaration of Severance of Common-law Union form (IMM 5519) if either the sponsor or the applicant were previously in a common-law relationship with someone else
  • if the principal applicant and sponsor have children in common, long-form birth certificates or adoption records listing the names of both parents
  • photos of the sponsor and principal applicant showing they are in a conjugal relationship
  • at least two of the following sets of documents. If the sponsor and principal applicant are unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the following sets of documents, a detailed written explanation must be provided:
    • important documents for the principal applicant and sponsor showing they are recognized as each other’s common-law partner (such as employment or insurance benefits)
    • documentary evidence of financial support between the principal applicant and sponsor, and/or shared expenses
    • other proof that the relationship is recognized by friends and/or family (e.g. letters from friends/family, social medical information showing a public relationship)

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks so much for your response @legalfalcon . It's very helpful as always. Keep doing what you do.
If that was the case, then you are fine, all I sated was that if your were in a CL relationship, then the same should have been disclosed irrespective of whether your partner is accompanying or not. If you were not in a CL relationship, then you need not have mentioned it.

As per IRCC:

A common-law relationship is legally a de facto relationship, meaning that it must be established in each individual case, based on the facts. This is in contrast to a marriage, which is legally a de jure relationship, meaning that it has been established in law.

In the case of a common-law partner, documentary evidence should include:

• a completed Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire (IMM 5532) (included in the application package)
  • proof of separation from a former spouse if either the sponsor or the applicant were previously married
  • a completed Statutory Declaration of Severance of Common-law Union form (IMM 5519) if either the sponsor or the applicant were previously in a common-law relationship with someone else
  • if the principal applicant and sponsor have children in common, long-form birth certificates or adoption records listing the names of both parents
  • photos of the sponsor and principal applicant showing they are in a conjugal relationship
  • at least two of the following sets of documents. If the sponsor and principal applicant are unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the following sets of documents, a detailed written explanation must be provided:
    • important documents for the principal applicant and sponsor showing they are recognized as each other’s common-law partner (such as employment or insurance benefits)
    • documentary evidence of financial support between the principal applicant and sponsor, and/or shared expenses
    • other proof that the relationship is recognized by friends and/or family (e.g. letters from friends/family, social medical information showing a public relationship)

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

Reactions: legalfalcon

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My country is using the Sinopharm vaccine from China to vaccinate the populace. I checked on the Canadian approved vaccine and I see there's no Sinopharm. I was thinking of getting vaccinated, so that if ever Canada needs vaccine passports at least I would have been vaccinated. My question is, do you reckon the Canadian immigration would recognise a vaccine which is not on their list of approved vaccines or should I wait and get a vaccine on that list. Your help will be greatly appreciated and hope it's not a silly question. Genuinely wanna know