Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon! My profile changed back to approved 3 days later. Apparently, our visas expiry date was changed from 3months as seen in the initial counterfoil to 6 months, hence the reason for the change in application status.
Congratulations!! Glad it was resolved soon.

All the best!

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Just a wild thought, do applications go as far as 2 years. This wait is becoming frustrating!
they absolutely do. This is my "mental" timeline I braced myself for when I applied. Even without COVID-19 there have been cases like that, especially for folks from countries like Russia (hey there, I am from Russia!).
I actually HOPE to get my case approved by Sep 2021 and will be happy if it doesn't get delayed further.

Reactions: guelphite

smokedsalmon

Sep 29, 2020
they absolutely do. This is my "mental" timeline I braced myself for when I applied. Even without COVID-19 there have been cases like that, especially for folks from countries like Russia (hey there, I am from Russia!).
I actually HOPE to get my case approved by Sep 2021 and will be happy if it doesn't get delayed further.
Have you ordered GCMS notes? If yes, what is the current status of your application?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Have you ordered GCMS notes? If yes, what is the current status of your application?
I've ordered them in late spring and received in July. Actually I don't see any sense in ordering them multiple times - it's long, takes money, doesn't add a ton of value. Back when I got the notes, they showed "security in progress", eligibility passed as of Feb 2020. I received an ADR in Feb and the GCMS notes suggested that I was put under security screening.
Then in the webform responses in October/November, they confirm that everything is passed/valid, no longer "in progress". So no it looks like security is cleared.

I think it's just a waiting game in a backlog now.

ptitfemme

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Hey @vsfedotov at least you know everything is passed. For me, Webform and GCMS says under review for eligibility yet there's been no ADR. The silence is deafening but just like you I hope all is concluded on or before September 2021

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
@ptitfemme Ordered GCMS notes in Dec, received in Jan, notes says: the application will experience delays due to additional verifications. Eligibility recommended pass , Criminality met, Security not started.

I have no clue what require additional verifications and why it does take so much time to confirm. I am from Kazakhstan. I guess applicants from Russia experience similar delays.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@ptitfemme Ordered GCMS notes in Dec, received in Jan, notes says: the application will experience delays due to additional verifications. Eligibility recommended pass , Criminality met, Security not started.

I have no clue what require additional verifications and why it does take so much time to confirm. I am from Kazakhstan. I guess applicants from Russia experience similar delays.
Hey, I would assume - given that security has not started - that your case can be somewhat the same with mine and your application has been sent to security screening.

Have they requested additional documents from you, something like "Supplementary form for students", etc.? It's a common trigger/warning sign for SS. In my case it took them exactly 8 months from the day they requested the form till security changed from "in progress" to "valid".

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
@vsfedotov No ADR whatsoever, no signs of life in my CIC profile either. One ghost update was in Sep, when my medicals expired and that's it :(

What is your visa office? Ottawa?

Last edited:

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
So wrote to my VO a few days back, NDVO ( New Delhi ) by the way, and got a reply today,

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email. Please note that once your application has been finalized, IRCC will be in contact with you, until then please continue to verify the status of your application through your IRCC secure account to find out if any additional information has being requested.

Now this was my third mail to them and first reply in months, and yet all I get is this.
Orderd notes in mid July last year, where it said approved and finalised! In April! But yet..
Thinking I should order another set.
No message on the profile or updates or requests.
Anyone else on this bloody boat?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@vsfedotov No ADR whatsoever, no signs of life in my CIC profile either. One ghost update was in Sep, when my medicals expired and that's it :(

What is your visa office? Ottawa?
Yes, Ottawa! That's too bad - I would keep bombarding them with web forms, requests and calls until they start working on your case.
I'm afraid they're delaying the majority of outland cases indefinitely now, unless you're not in the US.
However, I am in the US, ready to cross the border at any moment, everything (sort of) passed, and still waiting...

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
Yes, Ottawa! That's too bad - I would keep bombarding them with web forms, requests and calls until they start working on your case.
I'm afraid they're delaying the majority of outland cases indefinitely now, unless you're not in the US.
However, I am in the US, ready to cross the border at any moment, everything (sort of) passed, and still waiting...
Thanks for your advice! I guess applications from US will be processed quite fast, cause information is more or less readily available from US side.

As Canada closed the borders for non-essential travel until mid-Feb, I guess they will pause processing outland applications and focus on inland applicants for some time now, that's quite logical actually.

Wish you good luck with your application and hope we all receive the PPR very soon :)

Reactions: vsfedotov

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I'm FSW inland (although was outland at AOR). AOR in October 2020. I will consider myself very lucky if I receive COPR by October 2021. March 2022 feels more realistic - and I am from US!

Best of luck. Hopefully you are top of the stack once they start processing FSW applications come summer/fall

Reactions: vsfedotov