+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Okay, but that's the only possible logic. Do you know what stage your application is in? Like has your application been approved or not? May be they issued your COPR but never gave it you because of the pandemic situation. Order gcms notes for more clear answers, if possible.
Well, it would be great news if they issued it. Got my notes a few days ago. Ordered them in January and it took so long because of the pandemic. Meanwhile, sometime in March, I was asked to provide additional documents about my work. It was a procedural fairness letter which itself is quite serious. It was about my reference letter not printed on the company letterhead. I gave them pay stubs and new proper reference letters. Anyway the notes tell about all the stages up to May 2020. It says review required under the eligibility and it clearly states the letterhead issue. Everything else is ok, also medicals passed in November. Now, from my understanding, the medicals are valid for a year from the day they were TAKEN not reviewed. I took my medical exam on August 28, 2019 and I think it is valid till August 27, 2020. Please tell me if I'm wrong. It would somehow be a relief as I don't wanna do it again and pay for it again.

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Okay, but that's the only possible logic. Do you know what stage your application is in? Like has your application been approved or not? May be they issued your COPR but never gave it you because of the pandemic situation. Order gcms notes for more clear answers, if possible.
However I now found this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.

Does that mean they have extended it??? That would lead me to believe I got approved. Why can't they just tell people these things straight away? I am going nuts here!

Reactions: dn3
Jun 23, 2020
However I now found this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.

Does that mean they have extended it??? That would lead me to believe I got approved. Why can't they just tell people these things straight away? I am going nuts here!
I cannot tell anything for sure. If you feel that your file got approved, then order GCMS again through getgcms.com. It will take you around 15 to 20 days to receive the notes only if your file is approved. It will take longer if it is still in process. Your GCMS notes will state the details of your COPR (if the file is approved) and whether did they extend the validity or not. Good luck.

Reactions: sunkilmoon

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I cannot tell anything for sure. If you feel that your file got approved, then order GCMS again through getgcms.com. It will take you around 15 to 20 days to receive the notes only if your file is approved. It will take longer if it is still in process. Your GCMS notes will state the details of your COPR (if the file is approved) and whether did they extend the validity or not. Good luck.
Hi there, there is no relationship between the status of a file and the amount of time it takes to obtain a GCMS file. Whether a file is approved, in process or refused has no bearing on how long the GCMS request will take. The amount of time to process a GCMS depends on the complexity of the file and the workload of the IRCC ATIP dept; the legislated time frame is up to 30 days and extensions are common.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Hi guys
jumping right into it. so here is my predicament, my timer clocked out in march, I hadn't received a word from IRCC since September 2019, ordered first GCMS in Jan and apparently my application was put on review required, which was reviewed in October 2019 and pushed for final decision. Since then nothing but silence, Tried emailing a few times but generic reply and none from New Delhi office as is expected.
Then a few days ago I ordered another GCMS notes. Thought might as well since these guys aren't really giving any clear info. On 2nd June I get an email stating that my application is under process and it is taking longer than usual, in the mean time my application page says, background check in progress. That's good I thought since that was the first change I saw in months. Again expected.
Then a few days ago I got that Survey thing. How has COVID effected you and all. some of you might have seen it too. Now here is when it gets interesting. Got my GCMS notes today. All Passed and final decision approved 14th April 2020, and i am like WHAT THE F! it clearly states COPR initiated on 14th of April 2020, I didn't receive any email from them, or any communication apart from "your application is in progress"and the survey. The GCMS note states the officer approved it and COPR was initiated but IRCC agents keep giving me the usual run around.
Now should I email them again, asking them what is going on. Also, is anyone else in the same boat, could it be that since we were and in a lock down IRCC is like lets wait and see.
I am not sure what to make of it. I am happy that its been approved but without the "Golden email" I still feel I am in a limbo. Should I email them and let them know what my GCMS notes say, or would that be a bit too bold.
Thought's anyone.

Reactions: Namta1828

rovar473

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi guys
jumping right into it. so here is my predicament, my timer clocked out in march, I hadn't received a word from IRCC since September 2019, ordered first GCMS in Jan and apparently my application was put on review required, which was reviewed in October 2019 and pushed for final decision. Since then nothing but silence, Tried emailing a few times but generic reply and none from New Delhi office as is expected.
Then a few days ago I ordered another GCMS notes. Thought might as well since these guys aren't really giving any clear info. On 2nd June I get an email stating that my application is under process and it is taking longer than usual, in the mean time my application page says, background check in progress. That's good I thought since that was the first change I saw in months. Again expected.
Then a few days ago I got that Survey thing. How has COVID effected you and all. some of you might have seen it too. Now here is when it gets interesting. Got my GCMS notes today. All Passed and final decision approved 14th April 2020, and i am like WHAT THE F! it clearly states COPR initiated on 14th of April 2020, I didn't receive any email from them, or any communication apart from "your application is in progress"and the survey. The GCMS note states the officer approved it and COPR was initiated but IRCC agents keep giving me the usual run around.
Now should I email them again, asking them what is going on. Also, is anyone else in the same boat, could it be that since we were and in a lock down IRCC is like lets wait and see.
I am not sure what to make of it. I am happy that its been approved but without the "Golden email" I still feel I am in a limbo. Should I email them and let them know what my GCMS notes say, or would that be a bit too bold.
Thought's anyone.
Did you check the spam folder? I know for someone the PPR email went to spam.

rovar473

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Yeah did all of that. Even whitelisted it. Not a peep. I mean, if they had why would they send me "your application is under process" email in June.
That sounds weird. The application in progress email might have auto triggered based on the status in the system, which we cannot rely on after medicals passed.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
That sounds weird. The application in progress email might have auto triggered based on the status in the system, which we cannot rely on after medicals passed.
Yeah and the worst part is these guys aren't even replying to the emails. I mean if its all passed just bloody say it. Why would you keep us hanging when you have the info. I wrie an email to the guys in canada they say contact NDVO, I contact NDVO they say Covid 19 and wash your hands. I mean what the bloody hell.

Namta1828

May 5, 2020
Yeah and the worst part is these guys aren't even replying to the emails. I mean if its all passed just bloody say it. Why would you keep us hanging when you have the info. I wrie an email to the guys in canada they say contact NDVO, I contact NDVO they say Covid 19 and wash your hands. I mean what the bloody hell.
Before Covid too many folks have received COPR but the status remain unchanged. So may be your application is approved and Just wait for the Golden Email.

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi guys
Thought's anyone.
Congratulations!!!

Unfortunately, all the outlands are not receiving any PPR at the moment. The final step is halted due to VFS/VAC and consulates closed. You will have to wait like many on this forum.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Unfortunately, all the outlands are not receiving any PPR at the moment. The final step is halted due to VFS/VAC and consulates closed. You will have to wait like many on this forum.
Thanks. I guess.
This kind a ruins the victory parade. I mean you almost have it. Almost. Now we wait. Any idea as to when they plan on progressing with issuing PPR and all.
Also according to my notes the COPR is shown valid till August 2020. Wouldn’t that effect things. Medical expires on 30th September.
All I ask is why can’t they just state it clearly. It would be sooooo much easier.

NeoJ

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Hi guys
Thought's anyone.
Congrats!

Did you do the survey? It is voluntary right?