12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi.
Just on the ghost updates.

My AOR is 3 Sept.
Med passed 16th Sept.
Biometrics 23 Sept.

My question is do they always send an email for the first ghost update as mentioned at the beginning of the monthly forums?

If so is there a timeline on this?

I dont remember seeing an email regarding the update, by background check indicates being processed but this could also be false IP2 if i am not mistaken.

I am an outland applicant
Not everyone gets a ghost update. Many applicants do not get any ghost email at all.

anmol pathak

Sep 4, 2018
Hi please add me as well
AOR- 18th September
Medical passed- October 1st
Biometric done- Oct-7
Background- we are processing your application.We will send you a message if we need more information.

and still waiting for update

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi please add me as well
AOR- 18th September
Medical passed- October 1st
Biometric done- Oct-7
Background- we are processing your application.We will send you a message if we need more information.

and still waiting for update
All the best!

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Not everyone gets a ghost update. Many applicants do not get any ghost email at all.
I have a question about the ghost update.

Does a ghost update status change persist on the application until the applicant views it, or does it expire on the day itself? For example, if a ghost update happens on 1 December and the applicant logs in only on December 2 or 3rd, will he see the ghost update or will he see the application status as "submitted"? Hope that makes sense.

On an unrelated note, there seem to be some aesthethic changes on the dashboard, but all seems like useless bells and whistles. The green progress bar is still useless, except now it has an additional percentage indicator, that adds nothing of value (Mine's at 37% if anyone is curious)

ravi.shankar

Oct 30, 2014
I have a question about the ghost update.

Does a ghost update status change persist on the application until the applicant views it, or does it expire on the day itself? For example, if a ghost update happens on 1 December and the applicant logs in only on December 2 or 3rd, will he see the ghost update or will he see the application status as "submitted"? Hope that makes sense.

On an unrelated note, there seem to be some aesthethic changes on the dashboard, but all seems like useless bells and whistles. The green progress bar is still useless, except now it has an additional percentage indicator, that adds nothing of value (Mine's at 37% if anyone is curious)
I too see a change in page orientation but the status is same. And as far as I have read the "Ghost Update" only shows up for few hours and if you missed it, you won't know about it.
BTW my application is showing 48% complete. AOR 6 Sep, 26 Sep MEP, and no request for Bio-metrics yet. Hopefully it is coming soon as I am out of work right now and haven't even got any update on BGWP fro 2 months.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Re your reference to BGWP, I assume you’re in Canada. If that’s the case, you will not get a biometrics request. They’ll use what’s already on file

I too see a change in page orientation but the status is same. And as far as I have read the "Ghost Update" only shows up for few hours and if you missed it, you won't know about it.
BTW my application is showing 48% complete. AOR 6 Sep, 26 Sep MEP, and no request for Bio-metrics yet. Hopefully it is coming soon as I am out of work right now and haven't even got any update on BGWP fro 2 months.

ravi.shankar

Oct 30, 2014
Re your reference to BGWP, I assume you’re in Canada. If that’s the case, you will not get a biometrics request. They’ll use what’s already on file
I actually never gave my biometrics since I am in Canada. I was asked for fingerprint based RCMP PCC and that is the only time when I was fingerprinted.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
They’ll have fingerprints on record from previous visitor/work visas. So if you’re already in Canada you won’t need to give fingerprints.

They’ll only ask for RCMP PCC if you’ve been in Canada for more than 6mos+ (Like PCC required for other countries you’ve been in 6mos+)

I actually never gave my biometrics since I am in Canada. I was asked for fingerprint based RCMP PCC and that is the only time when I was fingerprinted.

Akki_akash

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
They’ll have fingerprints on record from previous visitor/work visas. So if you’re already in Canada you won’t need to give fingerprints.

They’ll only ask for RCMP PCC if you’ve been in Canada for more than 6mos+ (Like PCC required for other countries you’ve been in 6mos+)
RCMP only requested if there are name similarities in Canada

Reactions: Ctv92

Akki_akash

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Can you explain please?
If Canada has Similar entries of a name, for example, your first name and last name matched to somebody else who already resides in Canada then they will ask you for your RCMP if you are submitting express entry inland.

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
If Canada has Similar entries of a name, for example, your first name and last name matched to somebody else who already resides in Canada then they will ask you for your RCMP if you are submitting express entry inland.
Ok sounds good. Thank you for explaining

fritzf

Nov 7, 2019
Just got my PPR.
AOR was September 4th, so exactly 3 month (CEC Inland).
I will send in the copies (as I am from eTA country I don't have to send in my actual passport), hoping to get the COPR before my Xmas vacation and then I plan to activate it at Vancouver Airport on my way back.
Is that fine? COPR should be valid for longer than a month I assume?