Hi,Congrats! Do stay on here and continue to help out your fellow lads and lasses.
Do you see any progress... What are these people doing when all stages are passedYour case is very similar to mine.
Had 2 GU, first on the 17th, second on the 21st. When I called there yesterday was informed that the 1st GU was for Criminality passed, second was for Eligibility passed. Agent also informed me everything is passed and looking good, was only pending the Final Review, don't know why it's taking so long...
Hi, LegalFalcon,All the best for your application.
I have posted above how the processing of an application takes.
Let me get this straight your CIO was Sydney from where your file was transferred to CPC Edmonton right ? Because you mention the exact opposite in you message.Hi, LegalFalcon,
I am a CEC applicant and AOR is 18th September.
I called to CIC and I got to know that I passed Medical, Criminality, Recommended pass and security not initiated. My CPC office is Edmonton and file moved to Sydney. She didn't tell me that there was any review required or not. When I asked is there any review required or any red flags? She said no.. an officer at CPC Edmonton has to confirm that you recommended pass. she said that agent at Sydney mentioned on 22nd of January(I had a ghost update on this day) that I recommend pass but it is not passed until an agent at cpc Edmonton confirms it. And now cpc Edmonton will be working on your file. So it is recommended passed but not yet passed that is what she said. After this call, also asked my status by webform and got reply that they are working on eligibility. I am confuse now... will this be a final review? At what stage am I ? Is there a senior officer who just has to finalize or review all notes from case analyst before issuing ppr? I already ordered gcms after ghost update.
Wow! Congratulations!Okay guys it is OFFICIAL
My CIC account got updated to application approved on 29th January 2020
Eligibility completed on 13th January 2020
Background check completed on same day
So there was one day time between the me passing the eligibility and background check and getting the golden email as per EST
Thanks for reply. Yes I guess that was the case from CIO to CPC But I asked my VO just after MEP and it was CPC Edmonton then I got GU on 22nd of January and when I called I came to know that file was in Sydney and now Edmonton will be taking care.Let me get this straight your CIO was Sydney from where your file was transferred to CPC Edmonton right ? Because you mention the exact opposite in you message.
As per the message you passed criminality and eligibility is in process once you pass that then security will be initiated. I would give it a month or so looking at stage you are in for your golden email and I'm being conservative. I don't see anything that requires you to be worried about your application.
Ok guys and gals,
Slightly off-topic discussion, but I think it'll fit the mood as a lot of people have got their PPRs/COPRs.
Bon chance mon amie
- Please exercise, eat healthy and stay in shape. If you have any major health issues, your COPR status will be in risk. Do not be foolish during this time. Celebrate for a day or two in excess, but then eat well and stay in shape. Don't take stupid risks and get into accidents.
- Book your tickets! Check the flight carriers, look up off-peak season days, take an Economy seat and secure your entry into Canada WELL before your COPR expires. Land two weeks before the COPR date expires; don't keep until last week. Because CIC will say, "we gave you so much time, you didn't plan properly". Do not let so much prep go to waste because of poor planning. If you play cards correctly, you can get a first week of September 2020 entry, off-season ticket for about 50k INR. The more time goes by, prices will shoot up. That is precious money that can keep you in Toronto or your city of choice for another month or more!
- Start updating your LinkedIn profile and start optimizing. DON'T PAY a single paisa for "experts" to optimize your profile for "Canadian market". All bl**dy scammers who take advantage of your fears of not being employed. If you want I will put up a separate post later this week on simple things to do for sprucing up your LinkedIn profile. FREE. (I would like some "Likes" though )
- Know more about Canada and life there. Not picking on Indians, but we have this amazing ability to be "Indian" wherever we go and never fit in. Watch some YT videos on the history, geography and civics of the country. I've heard that immigration officers will say to you "Welcome home!" when they stamp the COPR. When they are saying that, you should show some initiative to learn about them as well!
- Please learn some basic French. We have roughly 7 months before landing. Go beyond the ordinary "Ja m'appel Pumpkin" and "Sil vous plait" and learn some grammar and beginner phrases. The faster you integrate, the better. It shows initiative- that a non-French speaker is willing to learn a new language at 30+ years old to fit into their new country. People will go the extra mile to help you. Self-learning or go the way of Alliance Française: your choice.
- Familiarize yourselves with the landing processes. Some of you might have never flown before. Ask relatives to help you practice navigating the international travel process. I can post some of my experiences travelling internationally in another post if there is a demand.