17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
My gc key show background status
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”what is the meaning of this?
It means your background check has not started, and they will let you know when it does.

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Hi - have you heard anything from SVO? I'm still stuck at the same place. Very frustrating. I'm tempted to write again but am concerned that it will only be used an excuse to again delay things. I was really thinking we'd be making travel plans by now.

What a system. The one-year "average processing time" seems like it's just put on there to give embassies a built-in excuse for inexcusably long waits at essential "check this box" stages like this. Based on what I've seen here, nobody waits that long unless there is a real problem with the application. Easy enough for them to avoid accountability if they set the goalposts where they want them and put their feet up.

Hi guys
Anyone has any updates this week especially from SGVO ? Everything seem so silent now. Never been so frustrated before.
No reply to even the email sent from them.
People from other VOs behind Sept applicants are getting COPR etc..
:oops:.. :(:(:(

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Hi - have you heard anything from SVO? I'm still stuck at the same place. Very frustrating. I'm tempted to write again but am concerned that it will only be used an excuse to again delay things. I was really thinking we'd be making travel plans by now

What a system. The one-year "average processing time" seems like it's just put on there to give embassies a built-in excuse for inexcusably long waits at essential "check this box" stages like this. Based on what I've seen here, nobody waits that long unless there is a real problem with the application. Easy enough for them to avoid accountability if they set the goalposts where they want them and put their feet up.
Hi heard nothing from them coming up to 2 months now.. I see some applicants from May and July too are waiting too from SGVO and really disheartening to see!!
really ridiculous actually.. I wrote to them and had no reply what so ever.. Other VOs are so much faster. I was all excited when I had my medical request and biometrics..but now I realise that was the easy one...The wait after that is worse...Some people are waiting up to 5months post medicals
Such a horrible feeling staying away from spouse and dealing with everything here alone.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi heard nothing from them coming up to 2 months now.. I see some applicants from May and July too are waiting too from SGVO and really disheartening to see!!
really ridiculous actually.. I wrote to them and had no reply what so ever.. Other VOs are so much faster. I was all excited when I had my medical request and biometrics..but now I realise that was the easy one...The wait after that is worse...Some people are waiting up to 5months post medicals
Such a horrible feeling staying away from spouse and dealing with everything here alone.
It is definitely a frustrating process, and yes some VO are faster than others . The key is patience , and knowing that you can’t compare your process to anyone else . Hang in there all of our spouses will be here soon ☺

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
People from May and June are still waiting from SVGO?!! Oh, that is very bad news, indeed. Have you seen that others have received a passport request from SVGO or does it look like everybody is stuck in that backlog?

Terrible that you didn't get a reply. I don't understand how this system is acceptable or has been allowed to go on as long as it has. We deserve transparency and accountability and we have neither with this process.

Yes, incredibly frustrating. Just hurts families. I'm tempted to take a chance and apply for a TRV, so my family can at least spend some time here in the summer while this interminable progress stumbles on.

[Edit: And yes I know that TRV applications by PR applicants are often rejected, but nothing else in this process has lived up to my expectations, so maybe this will work out in my favor for a change! :) ]

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
People from May and June are still waiting from SVGO?!! Oh, that is very bad news, indeed. Have you seen that others have received a passport request from SVGO or does it look like everybody is stuck in that backlog?

Terrible that you didn't get a reply. I don't understand how this system is acceptable or has been allowed to go on as long as it has. We deserve transparency and accountability and we have neither with this process.

Yes, incredibly frustrating. Just hurts families. I'm tempted to take a chance and apply for a TRV, so my family can at least spend some time here in the summer while this interminable progress stumbles on.

[Edit: And yes I know that TRV applications by PR applicants are often rejected, but nothing else in this process has lived up to my expectations, so maybe this will work out in my favor for a change! :) ]
Some are getting passport request...but a few
I guess we give them some more time...
Like a wise person said above patience is key..
Lets see....Begining of a new week, let us all start positively...

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Some are getting passport request...but a few
I guess we give them some more time...
Like a wise person said above patience is key..
Lets see....Begining of a new week, let us all start positively...
We all have those days !! I know I get frustrated as well , but it’s one of those things .... we have to wait

Reactions: sdharan19

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019

got a reply today from SGVO but means nothing actually and looks like a standard reply:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

This application is currently pending review by an officer, after which we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application. If your address, email or other contact information changes during processing, you must inform this office in writing.

We are striving to make the processing of our applications as efficient as possible. Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received, annual quotas and the resources available to process them, can lead to longer processing times. Furthermore, some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others.

Information on application processing times can be found here. Please note that processing times are calculated from the date the application is received at the Singapore migration office.

Applicants can check their case status on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) online account.

Saima26

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
got a reply today from SGVO but means nothing actually and looks like a standard reply:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

This application is currently pending review by an officer, after which we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application. If your address, email or other contact information changes during processing, you must inform this office in writing.

We are striving to make the processing of our applications as efficient as possible. Please note that changes in the volume of new applications received, annual quotas and the resources available to process them, can lead to longer processing times. Furthermore, some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others.

Information on application processing times can be found here. Please note that processing times are calculated from the date the application is received at the Singapore migration office.

Applicants can check their case status on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) online account.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021

Dear Sir / Madam,

"STRIVING" wow! they are working so much hard :)

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
Pls I need an assistant here. I’m unable to input my Name and last name on the generic application form where it says “consent and declaration of applicant” there is a spot underneath and I keep typing but it’s not showing. Anyone wanna explain this to me, thou I signed it at d end

Apr 25, 2019
i want to know guys that i send my file to sydney address and they received on 10 sep 2018 but all email i got from cpc mississauga
even i don't got any transfer email that my file transfer to mississiauga or not
some people get email file trnsfer to cpc mississauga