+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

I sent a status check email to my visa office (Singapore) and received a form reply saying, ""This application is currently pending review by an officer". I'm guessing that means that it hasn't even been touched since medical information was sent in a month ago. Have you guys had similar status updates? And a corresponding timeframe for when it is actually reviewed?

Also, I've had friends who have gone through this process with a lawyer and it went much quicker for them. Might there be any benefit at all to me involving one at this late stage in the game?

Getting increasingly frustrated as I had hoped to be seeing the end of this process by now and "officially" it's not even considered late until one year from the date of receipt, despite most cases not taking this long, and there is no official recourse to prompt action until that time. (In our case, it is almost a year since the initial application. We applied in May, but rather than requesting a missing document, the entire application was sent back to us after four months of total silence, which is why we're September applicants.

Anyway, good to read the updates from people who are finding the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope all of our families can be back together again and with this behind us soon!

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I sent a status check email to my visa office (Singapore) and received a form reply saying, ""This application is currently pending review by an officer". I'm guessing that means that it hasn't even been touched since medical information was sent in a month ago. Have you guys had similar status updates? And a corresponding timeframe for when it is actually reviewed?

Also, I've had friends who have gone through this process with a lawyer and it went much quicker for them. Might there be any benefit at all to me involving one at this late stage in the game?

Getting increasingly frustrated as I had hoped to be seeing the end of this process by now and "officially" it's not even considered late until one year from the date of receipt, despite most cases not taking this long, and there is no official recourse to prompt action until that time. (In our case, it is almost a year since the initial application. We applied in May, but rather than requesting a missing document, the entire application was sent back to us after four months of total silence, which is why we're September applicants.

Anyway, good to read the updates from people who are finding the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope all of our families can be back together again and with this behind us soon!
Yeah me too waiting since medical..there is no update at all.. how do we email them for a status update??
On this email ? spore.immigration@international.gc.ca

Last edited:

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Hi, this is the email address I used: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I'd be interested to see if you get exactly the same form response as I did. I saw in another thread how they followed up this post by closing the correspondence and saying that too many queries delay the processing time since the agent has to take time to reply to them. Since they are form letters that probably don't differ from applicant to applicant, it does not seem likely that they spend too much time composing the replies.

Yeah me too waiting since medical..there is no update at all.. how do we email them for a status update??
On this email ? spore.immigration@international.gc.ca

Reactions: sdharan19

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Hi, this is the email address I used: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I'd be interested to see if you get exactly the same form response as I did. I saw in another thread how they followed up this post by closing the correspondence and saying that too many queries delay the processing time since the agent has to take time to reply to them. Since they are form letters that probably don't differ from applicant to applicant, it does not seem likely that they spend too much time composing the replies.
My husband just submitted one using the ircc web form.. will update you

Reactions: gordiewow

Saima26

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

Did ur back ground check started (BCG)?

Trust God

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi..I am also stuck at bg check. Its been over 2.5 months now. Anyone has new delhi visa office contact number so we can call and check with them or if there is any other way to know about whats going on... Thanks in advance...

Fafa.os

Jan 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

why was your application returned??

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Hi guys
Anyone has any updates this week especially from SGVO ? Everything seem so silent now. Never been so frustrated before.
No reply to even the email sent from them.
People from other VOs behind Sept applicants are getting COPR etc..
:oops:.. :(:(:(

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
The reply to my email took four days or so, I think, but other than that no movement on the file at all, and we're approaching a four-day holiday for government employees, which I assume embassy staff would get, with people more likely to plan in vacations around that... So that possible delay, plus catch-up upon return... Uggh, for such important matters to be tied to such remote arbitrary factors is frustrating.

Hi guys
Anyone has any updates this week especially from SGVO ? Everything seem so silent now. Never been so frustrated before.
No reply to even the email sent from them.
People from other VOs behind Sept applicants are getting COPR etc..
:oops:.. :(:(:(

Reactions: sdharan19

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
The reply to my email took four days or so, I think, but other than that no movement on the file at all, and we're approaching a four-day holiday for government employees, which I assume embassy staff would get, with people more likely to plan in vacations around that... So that possible delay, plus catch-up upon return... Uggh, for such important matters to be tied to such remote arbitrary factors is frustrating.
Oh lord yes!! Good Friday and Easter... So nothing will happen then!! Agree really frustrating!!
Well lets hope and prayer that may the holy week bring us some good news after:):)
Just checked ( looks like only Friday)
Statutory Holidays - 2019 (SGVO)
Our offices are closed on the following days:

Date Holiday
01-Jan New Year’s Day
05-Feb Chinese New Year
06-Feb Chinese New Year
19-Apr Good Friday
20-May Vesak Day/Victoria Day (in lieu of Sunday 19 May)
05-Jun Hari Raya Puasa
01-Jul Canada Day
09-Aug Singapore National Day
12-Aug Hari Raya Haji (in lieu of Sunday 11 August)
02-Sep Canada Labour Day
28-Oct Deepavali
11-Nov Remembrance Day
25-Dec Christmas Day
26-Dec Boxing Day

Last edited:

sdharan19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Got PPR :)

Application received: Sept 7th 2018
AOR: Nov 27th 2018
Medical Request: Nov 27th 2018
Sponsorship approval: Nov 29th 2018
File moved to NDVO: Dec 14th 2018
File started processing: Dec 17th 2018
Pre-arrival services: Mar 7th 2019
Decision made: April 12th 2019
PPR: April 18th 2019
congrats ... and all the best. Hope for those of us who are waiting, hear some good news too soon.;)

Reactions: Aliceno

Trust God

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Got PPR :)

Application received: Sept 7th 2018
AOR: Nov 27th 2018
Medical Request: Nov 27th 2018
Sponsorship approval: Nov 29th 2018
File moved to NDVO: Dec 14th 2018
File started processing: Dec 17th 2018
Pre-arrival services: Mar 7th 2019