+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have to go back and read our previous conversations as I know you said something earlier. Isn’t it you said that you were appointed as the representative of the PA? So all the communications from IRCC will be sent to you exclusively. In our case, we never appointed one of us to be the rep. We both linked the app to our separate accounts, and both accounts are showing the same updates.
That's correct.
And that's probably why.

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

After 90+ days waiting for a response to my wife's outland spousal application, I received the acknowledgement of receipt email containing the application number and UCI number. I was unable to link my application online despite entering the correct information exactly. I have read several posts of people who were able to access the information right away. It seems like an arbitrary system, but I just want to confirm that I'm not missing something.

Also am I correct in that the medical request should be coming shortly after that is linked? I'm not quite clear on what kind of timeline I can expect based on the AOR coming three months in as it seems there is not even consistency on what applications are processed in Canada or forwarded to the respective embassy for processing. What kind of timeline are you guys working with for having your significant others in Canada?

Thanks!

sandeep_s

Sep 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

After 90+ days waiting for a response to my wife's outland spousal application, I received the acknowledgement of receipt email containing the application number and UCI number. I was unable to link my application online despite entering the correct information exactly. I have read several posts of people who were able to access the information right away. It seems like an arbitrary system, but I just want to confirm that I'm not missing something.

Also am I correct in that the medical request should be coming shortly after that is linked? I'm not quite clear on what kind of timeline I can expect based on the AOR coming three months in as it seems there is not even consistency on what applications are processed in Canada or forwarded to the respective embassy for processing. What kind of timeline are you guys working with for having your significant others in Canada?

Thanks!
Could be multiple issues! Kindly check spellings, typos, etc. I kept entering 1 in the number of applicants involved. Technically, it's 2 - 1 for a sponsor and 1 for a principal applicant, plus the number of children (if you have any).

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Every timeline is different as it depends on the officer processing your application. In most cases, either sponsorship approval or a medical request should follow few days or a week(within 2 weeks for some), after you received the AOR.

Reactions: gordiewow

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Every timeline is different as it depends on the officer processing your application. In most cases, either sponsorship approval or a medical request should follow few days or a week(within 2 weeks for some), after you received the AOR.
Note: The UCI number on that AOR is the sponsor’s UCI, and not the principal applicant. Better to use other combination such as the application number and the PA’s passport details.

gelairiz

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hey guys. Just wana ask if UCI numbers of the PA and sponsor are not the same? I just received my medical request today and noticed that my husband’s (sponsor) UCI number is different from mine.
Thanks

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hey guys. Just wana ask if UCI numbers of the PA and sponsor are not the same? I just received my medical request today and noticed that my husband’s (sponsor) UCI number is different from mine.
Thanks
Not the same. It is a “unique client identification”. They will give a different UCI# for the PA and dependents(if applicable)

Reactions: gelairiz

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for your reply!

I'm positive there were no typos but the number of people on the application thing confuses me. My wife is the only one applying for PR status but I assume I'm also counted. I'm not sure about our son who is a Canadian citizen or her son who was a "dependent" (by their strange definition of this) at the time of submission and whose info was included with our application.

I also don't think this is the issue since I tried every permutation - 1, 2, 3, 4 - for that box but it would be good to know.

Also I'm wondering if my wife's older son will be asked to take a medical. Due to the extremely long time between application and AOR, he soon will no longer be a dependent by their terms. But if the request comes soon, then he is. (He is a self supporting adult and not coming with us).

QUOTE="sandeep_s, post: 7464750, member: 798715"]Could be multiple issues! Kindly check spellings, typos, etc. I kept entering 1 in the number of applicants involved. Technically, it's 2 - 1 for a sponsor and 1 for a principal applicant, plus the number of children (if you have any).[/QUOTE]

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Thanks! I hope this is the case. My understanding is I need to get the online account connected to be able to upload the medical certificate? Is successfully creating the account contingent on sponsorship approval?

I'll take your tip in the second reply about different information to connect the account. Thank you.

I know it's hugely variable but from these initial approvals, would I be incorrect, in your opinion, in estimating that we'd be about six months or so away from everything in the clear and family in Canada? Thanks!

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Thanks for your reply!

I'm positive there were no typos but the number of people on the application thing confuses me. My wife is the only one applying for PR status but I assume I'm also counted. I'm not sure about our son who is a Canadian citizen or her son who was a "dependent" (by their strange definition of this) at the time of submission and whose info was included with our application.

I also don't think this is the issue since I tried every permutation - 1, 2, 3, 4 - for that box but it would be good to know.

Also I'm wondering if my wife's older son will be asked to take a medical. Due to the extremely long time between application and AOR, he soon will no longer be a dependent by their terms. But if the request comes soon, then he is. (He is a self supporting adult and not coming with us).

QUOTE="sandeep_s, post: 7464750, member: 798715"]Could be multiple issues! Kindly check spellings, typos, etc. I kept entering 1 in the number of applicants involved. Technically, it's 2 - 1 for a sponsor and 1 for a principal applicant, plus the number of children (if you have any).
[/QUOTE]

So 3: sponsor, PA, and her son

I entered 2 in mine, me as a sponsor, and my PA. I did not include my Canadian son.

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Thanks! I hope this is the case. My understanding is I need to get the online account connected to be able to upload the medical certificate? Is successfully creating the account contingent on sponsorship approval?

I'll take your tip in the second reply about different information to connect the account. Thank you.

I know it's hugely variable but from these initial approvals, would I be incorrect, in your opinion, in estimating that we'd be about six months or so away from everything in the clear and family in Canada? Thanks!
By successfully creating an account, it is not a guarantee for sponsorship approval or the success of permanent residence application. It is a tool where you can track the updates and progress of your application. It is also a way wherein the officer can communicate with you by sending you messages if there are other documents they need from you like the medical request, etc.

Dheeromsky

Dec 22, 2018
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Anyone in here got their applications sent to Sydney then transferred to Mississauga then transferred to Manila..how annoying! How long does it stays in Manila before you could hear from them? Coz heard that office is worst than a cute turtle..