****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

sandeep_s

Sep 27, 2018
Updating.

AOR1: December 31st
SA: January 10th
MR: January 10th
Medical done: January 11th

I am Canadian and my husband is from USA. Looking forward to hearing where everyone is at.

Anyone have insight on what can be expected after this? Obviously passing the medical but even beyond that?
Background checks should be next.

My spouse's application timelines are as follows -

1. App received - Sep 14.
2. AoR - CPC Mis - Nov 29.
3. SA - Nov 30.
4. Med Req - Dec 5.
5. Addtln Doc Req - Dec 14.
6. Med Appnmt - Dec 19.
7. Addtln Doc received - Dec 20.
8. Med Pass - Dec 24.

... waiting for BGC to begin since then!

Last edited:

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I'm Canadian(husband) and my wife is from Venezuela.
Finally got a confirmation from CIC
  • Application Submitted first week of September 2018
  • Application Number: December 17, 2018
Just to update:
  • Medical examination request: January 14, 2019
They for sure just accepted my Sponsor approval and went straight with my wife background check and now medical exam. I didn't even receive a letter that Ive approved for sponsorship.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So just to update everyone

Just to update:
  • Medical examination request: January 14, 2019
They for sure just accepted my Sponsor approval and went straight with my wife background check and now medical exam. I didn't even receive a letter that Ive approved for sponsorship.
How do you know they started her background check?

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi guys, it looks like my background check has also started already, but I did not receive a medical request. We are both outside of Canada, could this maybe be the reason? As far as I know, my medical request will only come once the application has been transferred to South Africa.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My questions are basically :

1. How would I know when the file is being sent to my country (I sincerely hope they don't use normal mail, since our country's mail workers are constantly on strike or losing things)

2. Is it normal for the background check to have started prior to a medical request?

Thanks in advance :)

Some details:

AOR 17 Dec
Biometrics done: 8 Jan
SA: 8 Jan
No Medical Request

GCKey:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics Completed.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: adcy

nasrin_bh

Dec 24, 2018
Hello,
I got the SA last week. It says that the RP will be process at Mississauga instead of Paris. Do you know why? Is it good?

Thank you all

App received: 09/26/2018
AOR: 12/08/2018
Biometrics request: 01/02/2019
Biometrics done: 01/03/2019
SA: 01/09/2019
CSQ app sent: 01/10/2019
MR: waiting
you got email for sending CSQ app?

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
How do you know they started her background check?
Might be due to the GCKey status. Mine recently changed to "We are processing your background check", even without medical request. Not sure whether it is a mistake or anything...

adcy

Jan 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Hi guys, it looks like my background check has also started already, but I did not receive a medical request. We are both outside of Canada, could this maybe be the reason? As far as I know, my medical request will only come once the application has been transferred to South Africa.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My questions are basically :

1. How would I know when the file is being sent to my country (I sincerely hope they don't use normal mail, since our country's mail workers are constantly on strike or losing things)

2. Is it normal for the background check to have started prior to a medical request?

Thanks in advance :)

Some details:

AOR 17 Dec
Biometrics done: 8 Jan
SA: 8 Jan
No Medical Request

GCKey:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics Completed.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hello,

We’re both outside Canada also. I have pretty much the same on GcKey.
I haven’t got the medical request either.
Usually they tell you in which VO your application will be processed in the 2nd SA letter

lkamijura

Jan 15, 2019
I'm a US citizen being sponsored by my spouse.

Here's my timeline:

Application received – 09/10/2018
AOR received – 12/17/2018
Medical Exam Request – 01/04/2019
Spouse received approved letter of eligibility as sponsor – 01/04/2019
Medical exam appointment – 01/15/2019. I was told it will take up to 10 days to process the results and submit it to IRCC, assuming there are no abnormalities. I made and completed the appointment while in Vancouver, BC since I'm currently here visiting.

At this point, I'm still unable to link my account online. Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: laport2018

rexizzl

Jan 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-09-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Request
31-12-2018
Med's Done....
15-01-2019
Passport Req..
13-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2019
I've been a lurker of this forum for so long since we planned on applying for sponsorship and just want to share my journey! I am hoping to a good start at 2019. :)

Sponsor (husband) - Canada PR

•We received your application for permanent residence on September 28, 2018.
• We started processing your application on December 28, 2018.
•We sent you medical instructions on December 31, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
January 3, 2019 We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
January 7, 2019 - RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. This must be received at this office by: 2019/02/06
January 8, 2019 This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga.
January 15 2019 - Accomplished medical exam IOM -Manila

Now awaiting medical results.

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
  1. We received your application to sponsor MATTHEW on September 13, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  3. We sent you a letter on January 4, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Outland app from the UK. This is what I see on ECAS under "Sponsorship Application Status". The letter has not arrive yet. Does anyone have any idea what it would be? Status is still "In Progress"...

GCKey status for reference:

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

EDIT: Neither the sponsor or the PA have received an email. Last email we received was the AOR and that went to the sponsor on December 20th :/

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
  1. We received your application to sponsor MATTHEW on September 13, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 17, 2018.
  3. We sent you a letter on January 4, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Outland app from the UK. This is what I see on ECAS under "Sponsorship Application Status". The letter has not arrive yet. Does anyone have any idea what it would be? Status is still "In Progress"...

GCKey status for reference:

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
please check your email, if you have a representative it will be in his/her email :)