06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Vancouver, September 13 applicant,got this today:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
Congrats fellow Vancouverite! That's your DM and your application is now complete - just like how it says on the letter LOL. Now we are gonna wait for our Landing Interview Invitation from the local office, which may take another 2 months or so. BTW, did you not get an AIP and SA emails yet? Not that it is important since you got your DM but just for the timeline purposes.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
So between Feb 27 and Mar 26:
  • Mondays - 22* applicants had some sort of update(s). Within the 22, 14 had a transitional update(s); 3 had AIPs; 3 had SAs; 0 DMs; and 4 Landing Interview Invitations.
  • Tuesdays - 15* applicants had some sort of update(s). Within the 15, 9 had a transitional update(s); 1 had AIPs; 4 had SAs; 6 DMs; and 2 Landing Interview Invitations.
  • Wednesdays - 17* applicants had some sort of update(s). Within the 17, 7 had a transitional update(s); 4 had AIPs; 3 had SAs; 2 DMs; and 3 Landing Interview Invitations.
  • Thursdays - 16* applicants had some sort of update(s). Within the 16, 11 had a transitional update(s); 5 had AIPs; 0 had SAs; 3 DMs; and 0 Landing Interview Invitations.
  • Fridays - 26* applicants had some sort of update(s). Within the 26, 13 had a transitional update(s); 6 had AIPs; 9 had SAs; 4 DMs; and 2 Landing Interview Invitations.
  • Saturdays - 8* applicants had some sort of update(s). Within the 8, 8 had a transitional update(s); 2 had AIPs; 1 had SAs; 0 DMs; and 0 Landing Interview Invitations.
  • Sundays - 4* applicants had some sort of update(s). Within the 4, 3 had a transitional update(s); 0 had AIPs; 1 had SAs; 1 DMs; and 0 Landing Interview Invitations.
Based on the numbers above:
  • Updates in General - we tend to have the most number of them on Fridays (26), followed by Mondays (22), Wednesdays (17), Thursdays (16), Tuesdays (15), Saturdays (8), and the least on Sundays (4).
  • Transitional Updates - we had the most number on Mondays (14), followed by Fridays (13), Thursday (11), Tuesdays (9), Saturdays (8 o_O), Wednesdays (7), and the least on Sundays (3).
  • AIPs - we had the most number on Fridays (6), followed by Thursdays (5), Wednesdays (4), Mondays (3), Saturdays (2), Tuesdays (1), and no AIPs on Sundays.
  • SAs, we had the most number on Fridays (9), followed by Tuesdays (4), Mondays and Wednesdays (3 respectively), Saturdays and Sundays (1 respectively), and no SAs on Thursday.
  • DMs, we had the most on Tuesdays (6), followed by Fridays (4), Thursdays (3), Wednesdays (2), Sundays (1), and no DMs on Mondays and Saturdays.
  • Landing Interview Invitations - we had the most number of them on Mondays (4), followed by Wednesdays (3), Tuesdays and Fridays (2 respectively), and none on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
So Friday is our winner in terms of getting updates in general, AIPs, SAs and a runner-up for transitional updates and DMs. So if you are waiting for your AIP, SA and DM, you will be most likely to get it tomorrow or next Friday ;)

If you are waiting for your Landing Interview invitation, it will be most likely on Monday or Wednesday, and maybe on Tuesday or Friday (tomorrow).

And for those who are still waiting for their transitional updates, it will be most likely on Monday or Friday (tomorrow).

So have fun with the numbers and good luck, and let's hope lots of people get their AIPs, SAs, DMs and their Interview Invitations tomorrow!! :p

* some applicants had multiple updates in a single day so the number of updates per day versus the number of applicants who had updates per day won't be equal.
Congrats to all 10 applicants who got their AIPs and DMs yesterday and hope the remaining 17 applicants get them next week or two!

The guess I did a few days ago and the number of updates (13) we had yesterday didn't disappoint me (a record high number in fact) and just reconfirmed that Fridays are the best day of the week for us so far. We had 4 AIPs and 9 DMs yesterday.

So here are the new numbers including the updates from the past 3 days:
  • AIPs - we had the most number on Fridays (10), followed by Thursdays (5), Wednesdays (4), Mondays (3), Saturdays (2), Tuesdays (1), and no AIPs on Sundays.
  • SAs, we had the most number on Fridays (9), followed by Wednesdays (7), Tuesdays (4), Mondays (3), Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays (1 respectively).
  • DMs, we had the most on Fridays (13), followed by Tuesdays (6), Thursdays (3), Wednesdays (2), Sundays (1), and no DMs on Mondays and Saturdays.
  • Landing Interview Invitations - we had the most number of them on Mondays (4), followed by Wednesdays (3), Tuesdays and Fridays (2 respectively), and none on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Previously Friday was our runner-up for DMs but now it is a winner; for all AIPs, SAs and DMs.

Vancitymonkey

Mar 8, 2019
Congrats fellow Vancouverite! That's your DM and your application is now complete - just like how it says on the letter LOL. Now we are gonna wait for our Landing Interview Invitation from the local office, which may take another 2 months or so. BTW, did you not get an AIP and SA emails yet? Not that it is important since you got your DM but just for the timeline purposes.
Nope, that was my only email!

Reactions: barsarah

MayMay3

Jan 8, 2019
Hey everyone.
Today I'm here to give my last update. :)
After almost 7 months I'm a permanent resident.
About my landing interview, was really fast, less than 10 minutes. The lady was awesome, just asked if I committed any crime, if I have any dependents and if I was ever denied entry in Canada. And that's it.

Thanks for all the information and good luck to everyone left.
CONGRATS!! That’s amazing! So I’ve heard after the interview we can’t travel for 10weeks? I was just wondering if this was mentioned as I wasn’t thinking it was going to be so quick and have a flight to Florida booked the end of May
Thank you!!

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Guess what?...

Today is the day :) that the very first one of us is having a Landing Interview... @Prettyjhazz, hope everything goes well and can't wait to hear about your awesome experience :p

Tomorrow is the big day for @brunoli10 and @akkipandey as well, good luck guys!
So many changes and good news , Congratulations and best of luck to all of you guys , Thank you for your help

basket90

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
hi guys!

is anyone here applying from Quebec?
Sept 24 Québec applicant, no news after OWP mid January... if you take a look on the spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=600561589
No Quebec applicant got yet DM, out of 6 in the list: 3 got SA (2 of them even AIP) and 3 nothing at all not even a ghost update. All 6 Quebec applicants in the list are active members.

(I follow the August treat as well and most of them only got SA, barley AIP and some are getting DM now, but no idea if they are Quebec applicants or not, but most of their files are apparently processed at the Montreal Hub which seems to be a very slow one... they mention often that this is the reason why they are behind us Sept applicants)

So just keep calm and wait your turn will come too

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
I wanna share my story to give hope for those people who have the same situation I have before I became permanent resident.

I came here November of 2014 that gave me 6 months visa

may 2014 I decided to extend my visa and it was approved for another 6 months.

November 2015- my extended visa expired and never extended anymore that leave me out of status till 2019.

June 2016- met my wife and we dated till august.

sept 2016- we decided to lived together

February 2017- we got engage

February 2018- we got married, while waiting for our marriage certificate we gathered all the documents we needed to apply PR.

Out of status

Sept 4: app sent (pr + pcc + biometrics)

Sept 6: app received

Sept 28: AOR

Dec 3: Med Req

Dec 11: Done Med

Dec 12: BGC started

Dec 18: Med passed

Feb 28: Ghost update

Mar 4: review of eligibility started

March 4: ecas started apps

march 5: DM both in ecas

March 6: AIP email

March 8: called ircc and they confirmed it was approved and etobicoke will contact me for landing schedule

March 12: SA email

March 15: DM letter

March 20: landing email

March 29: landed officially permanent residence

Overall 6months and 25 days

What we sent:

> fb posted pics showing the date and comments

> car insurance in both name

> wife life insurance i am beneficiary

> drivers license both same address

> letters from both families esp. our sons letter

> our sons school paper showing that we are both the emergency contact or allowed to pick him up

> phone log showing number from 2016 til 2017 just to show that we call each other from time to time.

> 40+ photos from 2016 till 2018 different hair style with a group of people most especially in public ( wedding, parties, picnic, camping etc)

> letter from the landlord as we pay cash so we just ask his letter which is notarized with his contact number and a copy of his id.

> different receipts places we went concerts, out of town, games etc

> phone bills bank bills internet bills showing our names and address

> joint account

> etransfers copy

Luckily our application goes smoothly and no need for interview

I hope this give you hope. Goodluck and god bless. Thank you so much.

Experience on the Landing:

My scheduled time was at 1pm.

We took an uber to etobicoke coz were not sure where to park the car, we arrived there at 11:30. Went inside got the number D291, on the screen was D290 we were about to sit but our number already on the screen so we just went right away on the lane 4. The lady was nice just ask when was the last time i came in.... did i commit any crime in and out of the country... if i have any dependent... ask our ID both, then she just print the COPR, sign and say congratulation. More and less around 5-10mins. Next we went to the other room for SIN another 10mins and were done.

At 12 were on the way home...

P.S now that im done next is my wife waiting to take exam for citizenship.

Goodluck everyone and all the best...
Congrats. Your story is one of a kind. You are brave

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hello,

Question for applicants who received the DM letter or landing letter, please. Did you have the "Decision Made" status for the applicant on ECAS as well?

I received AIP on March 8 and so far no updates on my side ... I received a ghost update on GCKey on March 15th and that was it. I'm still "In Process".
I know that waiting is a common item of this whole process but I was wondering if it's possible one to get DM letter or landing letter without this update on ECAS.
Excited for updates this week!
Appreciate it :rolleyes:

Reactions: barsarah

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
Still on BGC...Sept 25 applicant. :(

Reactions: BR_ESL

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hello,

Question for applicants who received the DM letter or landing letter, please. Did you have the "Decision Made" status for the applicant on ECAS as well?

I received AIP on March 8 and so far no updates on my side ... I received a ghost update on GCKey on March 15th and that was it. I'm still "In Process".
I know that waiting is a common item of this whole process but I was wondering if it's possible one to get DM letter or landing letter without this update on ECAS.
Excited for updates this week!
Appreciate it :rolleyes:
In a CIC's perfect little logical world, the process should be in the following order:
  1. Sponsor gets a DM on eCAS with an extra line added in the details section informing about a correspondence letter sent to the sponsor.
  2. Sponsor gets a SA email.
  3. PA gets a "ghost" update.
  4. PA's side on eCAS gets an extra line added in the details section showing the date they started processing the PA's application.
  5. PA's review of eligibility status on GCKey changes to we are reviewing the PA's eligibility.
  6. PA's side on eCAS gets a DM.
  7. PA's review of eligibility status on GCKey changes to eligibility has been reviewed.
  8. PA gets an AIP email.
  9. PA's background check status on GCKey changes to background check was completed.
  10. PA gets a DM email.
  11. PA gets a Landing Interview Invitation email.
  12. PA's final decision status on GCKey changes to application was approved.
Also the PA's GCKey should have the AIP, DM and Landing Interview Invitation letters electronically uploaded so the PA can download them at a later date if the PA can't access his or her email and/or accidentally deletes them.

So as long as you have your DM letter, you have nothing to worry. Your eCAS will change to DM eventually.

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
In a CIC's perfect little logical world, the process should be in the following order:
  1. Sponsor gets a DM on eCAS with an extra line added in the details section informing about a correspondence letter sent to the sponsor.
  2. Sponsor gets a SA email.
  3. PA gets a "ghost" update.
  4. PA's side on eCAS gets an extra line added in the details section showing the date they started processing the PA's application.
  5. PA's review of eligibility status on GCKey changes to we are reviewing the PA's eligibility.
  6. PA's side on eCAS gets a DM.
  7. PA's review of eligibility status on GCKey changes to eligibility has been reviewed.
  8. PA gets an AIP email.
  9. PA's background check status on GCKey changes to background check was completed.
  10. PA gets a DM email.
  11. PA gets a Landing Interview Invitation email.
  12. PA's final decision status on GCKey changes to application was approved.
Also the PA's GCKey should have the AIP, DM and Landing Interview Invitation letters electronically uploaded so the PA can download them at a later date if the PA can't access his or her email and/or accidentally deletes them.

So as long as you have your DM letter, you have nothing to worry. Your eCAS will change to DM eventually.
Thank you so much for your clear explanation @barsarah !
I’ll keep DM letter in mind and hopefully it’ll come soon.

All the best,