+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
I wanna share my story to give hope for those people who have the same situation I have before I became permanent resident.

I came here November of 2014 that gave me 6 months visa

may 2014 I decided to extend my visa and it was approved for another 6 months.

November 2015- my extended visa expired and never extended anymore that leave me out of status till 2019.

June 2016- met my wife and we dated till august.

sept 2016- we decided to lived together

February 2017- we got engage

February 2018- we got married, while waiting for our marriage certificate we gathered all the documents we needed to apply PR.

Out of status

Sept 4: app sent (pr + pcc + biometrics)

Sept 6: app received

Sept 28: AOR

Dec 3: Med Req

Dec 11: Done Med

Dec 12: BGC started

Dec 18: Med passed

Feb 28: Ghost update

Mar 4: review of eligibility started

March 4: ecas started apps

march 5: DM both in ecas

March 6: AIP email

March 8: called ircc and they confirmed it was approved and etobicoke will contact me for landing schedule

March 12: SA email

March 15: DM letter

March 20: landing email

March 29: landed officially permanent residence

Overall 6months and 25 days

What we sent:

> fb posted pics showing the date and comments

> car insurance in both name

> wife life insurance i am beneficiary

> drivers license both same address

> letters from both families esp. our sons letter

> our sons school paper showing that we are both the emergency contact or allowed to pick him up

> phone log showing number from 2016 til 2017 just to show that we call each other from time to time.

> 40+ photos from 2016 till 2018 different hair style with a group of people most especially in public ( wedding, parties, picnic, camping etc)

> letter from the landlord as we pay cash so we just ask his letter which is notarized with his contact number and a copy of his id.

> different receipts places we went concerts, out of town, games etc

> phone bills bank bills internet bills showing our names and address

> joint account

> etransfers copy

Luckily our application goes smoothly and no need for interview

I hope this give you hope. Goodluck and god bless. Thank you so much.

Experience on the Landing:

My scheduled time was at 1pm.

We took an uber to etobicoke coz were not sure where to park the car, we arrived there at 11:30. Went inside got the number D291, on the screen was D290 we were about to sit but our number already on the screen so we just went right away on the lane 4. The lady was nice just ask when was the last time i came in.... did i commit any crime in and out of the country... if i have any dependent... ask our ID both, then she just print the COPR, sign and say congratulation. More and less around 5-10mins. Next we went to the other room for SIN another 10mins and were done.

At 12 were on the way home...

P.S now that im done next is my wife waiting to take exam for citizenship.

Goodluck everyone and all the best...
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Prettyjhazz

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I wanna share my story to give hope for those people who have the same situation I have before I became permanent resident.

I came here November of 2014 that gave me 6 months visa

may 2014 I decided to extend my visa and it was approved for another 6 months.

November 2015- my extended visa expired and never extended anymore that leave me out of status till 2019.

June 2016- met my wife and we dated till august.

sept 2016- we decided to lived together

February 2017- we got engage

February 2018- we got married, while waiting for our marriage certificate we gathered all the documents we needed to apply PR.

Out of status

Sept 4: app sent (pr + pcc + biometrics)

Sept 6: app received

Sept 28: AOR

Dec 3: Med Req

Dec 11: Done Med

Dec 12: BGC started

Dec 18: Med passed

Feb 28: Ghost update

Mar 4: review of eligibility started

March 4: ecas started apps

march 5: DM both in ecas

March 6: AIP email

March 8: called ircc and they confirmed it was approved and etobicoke will contact me for landing schedule

March 12: SA email

March 15: DM letter

March 20: landing email

March 29: landed officially permanent residence

Overall 6months and 25 days

What we sent:

> fb posted pics showing the date and comments

> car insurance in both name

> wife life insurance i am beneficiary

> drivers license both same address

> letters from both families esp. our sons letter

> our sons school paper showing that we are both the emergency contact or allowed to pick him up

> phone log showing number from 2016 til 2017 just to show that we call each other from time to time.

> 40+ photos from 2016 till 2018 different hair style with a group of people most especially in public ( wedding, parties, picnic, camping etc)

> letter from the landlord as we pay cash so we just ask his letter which is notarized with his contact number and a copy of his id.

> different receipts places we went concerts, out of town, games etc

> phone bills bank bills internet bills showing our names and address

> joint account

> etransfers copy

Luckily our application goes smoothly and no need for interview

I hope this give you hope. Goodluck and god bless. Thank you so much.

Experience on the Landing:

My scheduled time was at 1pm.

We took an uber to etobicoke coz were not sure where to park the car, we arrived there at 11:30. Went inside got the number D291, on the screen was D290 we were about to sit but our number already on the screen so we just went right away on the lane 4. The lady was nice just ask when was the last time i came in.... did i commit any crime in and out of the country... if i have any dependent... ask our ID both, then she just print the COPR, sign and say congratulation. More and less around 5-10mins. Next we went to the other room for SIN another 10mins and were done.

At 12 were on the way home...

P.S now that im done next is my wife waiting to take exam for citizenship.

Goodluck everyone and all the best...
Wow what a story! Congrats on successfully getting behind the years of uncertainty! Now its time to celebrate and start working ;). So happy for you and your wife! :p and your son!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I got something positive to share too... just received my AIP email! Ohhh yea yea! :p

That’s 15 days after getting a ghost update, 10 days after eligibility review started, and 1 week after SA.

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Hi @kareng1011,

What a pleasant surprise and congrats on getting your interview invitation all of a sudden after being so quiet for a long time LOL! :D

At the interview, you are going to get a CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence - a piece of paper with a bunch of bar codes). After getting it, you are looking at about another 45 days + delivery time until you receive your physical PR card in the mail. While you are waiting, you can use it to get your permanent SIN (Social Insurance Number) at your nearest Service Canada Centre.

Also DM means Decision Made; however, there are 3 different types of DMs:
  • 1st one will show up on the status of your Sponsor's eCAS (change from "In Process" to "Decision Made"), which transitions into SA (Sponsor Approval), and when your Sponsor gets an approval, he or she will be receiving an email confirming his or her eligibility to sponsor you to become a PR.
  • 2nd DM will be for yourself (the Principal Applicant). It is a status update from "In Process" to "Decision Made" on the PA's side on eCAS, which will transition into AIP (Approved in Principle), and when you get Approved in Principle, you will be receiving an email confirming that you have been determined to be eligible for a permanent residency in Canada.
  • 3rd DM will be an email confirming that your application for your Permanent Residency has been successfully completed and tells you to wait for a further instruction from your nearest CIC/IRCC office for your Landing Interview, which you already have.
Since I explained about the different types of DMs already, I might as well cover the other transitional updates LOL:
  • "Ghost" update: The very first update that applicants notice when they randomly (but frequently) check their MyCIC/GCKey account after weeks/months of silence from CIC/IRCC. It will say "Application/profile updated" but when you check, there won't be anything new and it changes back to "Submitted" when you go back to the main status page. It basically means that someone accessed your application and reviewing it, and you will be getting progressive updates very soon. Some applicants had further updates on the same day of getting a "ghost" update but some had to wait 3 weeks.
  • Status change on MyCIC/GCKey from "Your application in progress" to "We are reviewing your eligibility". Most applicants get it right after getting a "ghost" update. It means exactly what it is - someone is reviewing your eligibility and soon you will get a DM.
  • A 2nd new line added on eCAS on the PA's side informing that CIC/IRCC started processing the PA's application. It will say "We started processing PA's application on date". This will transition later into a DM on eCAS on the PA's side.
So @kareng1011, If it isn't too much trouble for you, can you provide us the dates of the updates you had using the information I provided above? The date you noticed a "ghost" update, the date you had a status change on MyCIC/GCKey, the date you had "started processing your application" on eCAS, the date you had a DM on eCAS, the date you had an AIP email, SA email, and DM email?

Thanks! :p
I checked my account and it still says my application is processing. My background check still says processing. My interview says not needed at this time. My fingerprint say not needed at this time. I did get a another email today from Mississauga stating that I am approved for eligibility. And that I still must meet all the requirements for any dependent children that may or may not be accompanying me But all of this has been submitted to them and it says all documents have been received online. Nothing about DM officially.
The other letter I mentioned was from the Edmonton office for my landing interview.
I don’t believe they would schedule me for an interview if everything else wasn’t in order ?? It’s all confusing but at this point I will guess I just show up at my interview and see what happens !

Last edited:

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Dear Mark:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Got this in my inbox just now :)

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
I checked my account and it still says my application is processing. My background check still says processing. My interview says not needed at this time. My fingerprint say not needed at this time. I did get a another email today from Mississauga stating that I am approved for eligibility. And that I still must meet all the requirements for any dependent children that may or may not be accompanying me But all of this has been submitted to them and it says all documents have been received online. Nothing about DM officially.
The other letter I mentioned was from the Edmonton office for my landing interview.
I don’t believe they would schedule me for an interview if everything else wasn’t in order ?? It’s all confusing but at this point I will guess I just show up at my interview and see what happens !
Just show up on your interview and bring the landing email and the other stuff thats the letter. Youll be good. Sometimes you wont receive dm sa or aip straight to landing. Nothinf is in order so no worries

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Dear Mark:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Congrats just wait for tuw landing interview schedule ur almost done. Vancouver is busiest so it will take a while but atleast your almost done

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Dear Mark:

Next dm or straight to landing email. Congrats
Yessss, just got my DM letter 2 minutes ago too! Now it’s just a Landing Interview Invitation from Vancouver office :p

MayMay3

Jan 8, 2019
Dear Mark:

I just got this as well!!! However I didn’t get SA or AIP before hand; still very happy tho!

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Yessss, just got my DM letter 2 minutes ago too! Now it’s just a Landing Interview Invitation from Vancouver office :p
Me too!!! So strange that they send out things past working hours, especially if they’re being processed in Mississauga!

Freshboi

Sep 13, 2018
Also got this letter earlier this evening:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to
arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
Is this SA?