+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
I feel like I'm in a unique situation after reading the posts here. I sent my application September 7th and they received it 1 or 2 days later. Since then I have heard NOTHING. So I called IRCC a few days ago and they said my application is in their system, there was nothing missing, but it was too early to contact me yet. It's been 2+ months. I understand everyone's situation is different but you guys seem to be receiving AORs 1.5-2 months in.

So he gave me my application numbers for my sponsorship application and my OWP and I linked them to my online accoint. I'm just confused as to why I haven't recieved an official AOR like everyone else

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
I feel like I'm in a unique situation after reading the posts here. I sent my application September 7th and they received it 1 or 2 days later. Since then I have heard NOTHING. So I called IRCC a few days ago and they said my application is in their system, there was nothing missing, but it was too early to contact me yet. It's been 2+ months. I understand everyone's situation is different but you guys seem to be receiving AORs 1.5-2 months in.

So he gave me my application numbers for my sponsorship application and my OWP and I linked them to my online accoint. I'm just confused as to why I haven't recieved an official AOR like everyone else
I am not here to discourage you. I feel your situation it's pretty good since you have your application number and you were able to link your PR application to your account. You don't have to stress why you still haven't received an official letter. The AOR you would have received or yet to receive pretty much contain the information you have been given. So relax and get yourself busy with other stuff.

Reactions: lyn80 and Betabr

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
I am not here to discourage you. I feel your situation it's pretty good since you have your application number and you were able to link your PR application to your account. You don't have to stress why you still haven't received an official letter. The AOR you would have received or yet to receive pretty much contain the information you have been given. So relax and get yourself busy with other stuff.
Exactly!! No reason to freak out.
AOR is only for us to know they received our application and started to process it, giving us the application number.
CIC has an automatic e-mail system and sometimes some people just don't receive the letter by the system's mistake but if the application is on their system, everything is fine so far!!!

eck6

Mar 21, 2018

Hey Mark,

If it makes you feels any better, we’re in the same boat. We sent our applications in Sept 4, received Sept 5, and like you, have yet to hear anything. No AOR but we linked our applications - sponsor, PR, and OWP. Don’t know what’s up, but we’re trying to stay relaxed about it.

When I check eCAS, it says our application is “in process” and when I check CIC, it’s says the same with regards to the application status. Beside Review or eligibility it says in progress. Do yours say the same thing?

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hey Mark,

If it makes you feels any better, we’re in the same boat. We sent our applications in Sept 4, received Sept 5, and like you, have yet to hear anything. No AOR but we linked our applications - sponsor, PR, and OWP. Don’t know what’s up, but we’re trying to stay relaxed about it.

When I check eCAS, it says our application is “in process” and when I check CIC, it’s says the same with regards to the application status. Beside Review or eligibility it says in progress. Do yours say the same thing?
Yeah exactly the same for me. I think we can be relaxed given that it's in their system. I called IRCC and the agent said there was nothing missing in my application so I feel like I have an AOR just without the official email.

Reactions: eck6 and Betabr

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Any update on OWP or médical anyone ?
None of us yet but 2 people from Aug 13 and 1 person from Aug 16 got their OWP approvals today... that's a good news! All of these 3 people got their Medical Requests last week. So ours are just around the corner :)

saniyasunesara

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
None of us yet but 2 people from Aug 13 and 1 person from Aug 16 got their OWP approvals today... that's a good news! All of these 3 people got their Medical Requests last week. So ours are just around the corner :)
I hope so
Can you guys anticipate when we will be getting our work permit approval and like how does that work ?

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I hope so
Can you guys anticipate when we will be getting our work permit approval and like how does that work ?
Everyone's case is different but to get a rough idea, count 12 weeks from the date of your application receipt for Medical Requests, 13 weeks for your OWP online approval and 14 weeks for your OWP paper permit to arrive in the mail.
Mostly you would be receiving an email but you should check the statuses on both eCAS and MyCIC starting on the 10th-week mark, especially those who didn't get their AOR emails for whatever reason.