+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hi, Quebec applicant here.
Here's my timeline, hoping to receive medical request and OWP soon.

Inland Application + OWP received : Sep 11
AOR received: Oct 6
Request for CSQ: Oct 15
CSQ approved: November 5
CSQ received : November 8

Good luck to all!
Hi. Thanks for sharing your timeline.
When did Midi receive your csq app?

Freshboi

Sep 13, 2018
Hey all,

I am anticipating getting my medical request in about a month based on other applicant's timelines. However, I'm going to visit the US for the holidays from Dec 20 - Jan 5. So I'm a bit concerned about the possibility that I won't be able to submit my medicals in time.

Am I allowed to have my medicals done before the request comes in? And then I can submit it as soon as it does. This would eliminate any possibility of not being able to submit medicals due to being out of the country.

Last edited:

Ashvikha

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Hey all,

I am anticipating getting my medical request in about a month based on other applicant's timelines. However, I'm going to visit the US for the holidays from Dec 20 - Jan 5. So I'm a bit concerned about the possibility that I won't be able to submit my medicals in time.

Am I allowed to have my medicals done before the request comes in? And then I can submit it as soon as it does. This would eliminate any possibility of not being able to submit medicals due to being out of the country.
Hi are you applying for yourself or your spouse?

Ashvikha

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
If you are an inland applicant, I dont think you can visit the US till your PR arrives. If you do go to US , your application may go on hold and you wont be able to reenter. so confirm the situation before you leave. and you can contact the immigration office to clear any doubts. you can get your medical check done but i think it should not expire at the time of consideration. the expiry of a medical is 6 months.

Reactions: saniyasunesara

Freshboi

Sep 13, 2018
If you are an inland applicant, I dont think you can visit the US till your PR arrives. If you do go to US , your application may go on hold and you wont be able to reenter. so confirm the situation before you leave. and you can contact the immigration office to clear any doubts. you can get your medical check done but i think it should not expire at the time of consideration. the expiry of a medical is 6 months.
What makes you think I can't go to the US? My understanding is that if you choose to leave Canada, there is always a possibility that your immigration status can change when you try to reenter, and that will put your PR application in jeopardy. This should always be considered, but as far as I know there is no hard and fast rule saying that you can't leave while you're PR application is processing.

I think the risk is very low for me because I am from a visa-exempt country (USA), and I am currently working in Canada on a work permit with multiple entries. I'm still waiting for my OWP, but I have a temp work permit that was sponsored by the company that hired me.

Ashvikha

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
If that would not affect your application it is fine. I am here on a multiple entry visitor visa. As it is when we apply for a owp we are here on a implied status, till your work permit arrives, and that helps you have an extension to stay here in canada. and as per my understandings if you leave canada during the application process before you get your PR card , your application may go on hold and wont be granted reentry. and you may have to try again with outland . I am not sure if i got the information right or how it is for USA? No harm checking it once before you leave, so it does not affect your application. :)

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
What makes you think I can't go to the US? My understanding is that if you choose to leave Canada, there is always a possibility that your immigration status can change when you try to reenter, and that will put your PR application in jeopardy. This should always be considered, but as far as I know there is no hard and fast rule saying that you can't leave while you're PR application is processing.

I think the risk is very low for me because I am from a visa-exempt country (USA), and I am currently working in Canada on a work permit with multiple entries. I'm still waiting for my OWP, but I have a temp work permit that was sponsored by the company that hired me.
We have asked a similar question as my husband is Inland as a US citizen and travels to see his children every other week. I have not been able to find anything that verifies that you are jeopardizing your PR by traveling because everything is far to generic and applies to all citizens of all countries. Please let me know if you can find anything specific as he travels regularly and has had no issues to this point. We are waiting on his OWP, but he is well within his 6 month timeframe for being a "Visitor" to Canada.

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was looking into various pages to confirm if what i said was right. and i found that you could travel at your own risk. I found this link that discuss similar situation. Hope this helps :)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-common-law-pr-owp-pilot-program-travelling-outside-of-canada.265412/
I think what might impact your application is that if one has applied as inland but stays out of Canada for long period of times. If the time away is a week or two provided that you have the documentation to return back to Canada (Passport and a visa if you require one) and are didn't leave Canada while on implied status, the risk is as much as anyone who would want to enter any country!

Reactions: Cali14214

eck6

Mar 21, 2018
I sent mine September 6 and received my application October 15 got Aor nov 1(not sure if that’s the aor) they gaved me application number.
Hi Fopogi,

Thank you for sharing your info. How did you receive your application, by email?

eck6

Mar 21, 2018
Hi. I dont get it.
What is your concern?

If you managed to link your application you are good. You already have your application number and you already know that they are processing.

Aor is just a letter and very important to know if they started processing (and not sent the app back) which you already know.

Relax, not everyone receives this letter though.

Have a good day!!
Hey Betabr,

Thanks for your input!

Upon linking our application to our account, I did find that we had both an application number and UCI number but I was unaware that that was the equivalent of an AOR, if that is what you’re saying. I was under the assumption that we would receive an email explicitly stating they had received our application. Are you saying not everyone receives an AOR email?

Hi. I dont get it.
What is your concern?

If you managed to link your application you are good. You already have your application number and you already know that they are processing.

Aor is just a letter and very important to know if they started processing (and not sent the app back) which you already know.

Relax, not everyone receives this letter though.

Have a good day!!

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hey all,

I would not undergo medical without request, you can do the exams from any country as long as you go to a clinic listed on the cic's list.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hey Betabr,

Thanks for your input!

Upon linking our application to our account, I did find that we had both an application number and UCI number but I was unaware that that was the equivalent of an AOR, if that is what you’re saying. I was under the assumption that we would receive an email explicitly stating they had received our application. Are you saying not everyone receives an AOR email?
Exactly. Aor is a letter they send to rhe sponsor to let the sponsor know that the application has been received, they give app and sponsor's uci numbers. With those information the sponsor can access ecas and PA can link app to gckey. That is all!

If you already have app #, uci # and you have linked app, you only need to wait for them to request medical.

Reactions: barsarah

eck6

Mar 21, 2018
Exactly. Aor is a letter they send to rhe sponsor to let the sponsor know that the application has been received, they give app and sponsor's uci numbers. With those information the sponsor can access ecas and PA can link app to gckey. That is all!

If you already have app #, uci # and you have linked app, you only need to wait for them to request medical.

That’s really great to know. Definitely feeling a sense of relief. Thank you, Betabr. You’re help is really appreciated!

Reactions: Betabr