Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
Here is a step-by-step instruction for Inlanders:
  1. Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
  2. Scroll down and click on Continue with GCKey
  3. Sign up or Sign in with the Principal Applicants credentials (one who is being sponsored)
  4. Click on Add (link) your application to your account
  5. Select Category: Permanent Residence
  6. Sub Category: Family Class (Spouses)
  7. Select Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth if you don't have the PA's UCI number or the Application Number
  8. Family Name: Fill in the Principal Applicant's last name
  9. Given Name: PA's first name
  10. DOB: PA's
  11. Select: Passport
  12. Fill in the details (PA's)
  13. Select the current Province and City (not the Point of Entry) of the PA and Marital Status (Married or Common-Law)
  14. Enter the number of family members as 2 if the PA has no dependent; otherwise, add 1 for each dependant regardless if they are accompanying the PA to Canada or not.
Side notes:
  • Inland Principal Applicants can find their 8-digit UCI Number on their Visitor's Visa/Study/Work Permit before receiving the AOR.
  • If the Sponsor is a Permanent Resident or a Naturalized Citizen, the sponsor's can use their own UCI number from their past applications.
  • UCI Number on the AOR is for the Sponsor only while the Application Number (starts with letter F followed by 9 digits) on the AOR is for both the Sponsor and Principal Applicant.
Our info shows In Process on ECAs but cannot link using GCKEY. Will give it another try on Monday?

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Our info shows In Process on ECAs but cannot link using GCKEY. Will give it another try on Monday?
Sometimes it takes a day or so after receiving AOR to successfully link. Sometimes it's all about giving the right combination of information for the system to find your application(s) to link. It's kind of ridiculous. Hope you can successfully link it on your next try!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
For number of family members, would that include all of his and all of my children? My kids are all Canadian citizens, his are US. Thanks
Sponsor (1) + Principal Applicant (1) + PA's kids (x) = 2+x

Reactions: Cali14214

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
GCKey resets every 24 hours. No need to wait until Monday.

eck6

Mar 21, 2018
Hey fellow September 2018 applicants!

I’m writing to see whether anyone else is in the same boat as us. Unlike many of you fortunate folks, we are still waiting to receive our AOR. Our timeline is as follows:

Inland Spousal Sponsorship
PR & OWP: Sent Sept 4 and received (Mississauga) Sept 5.
Police check and Schedule A provided upfront.

It’s been 73 days now and I have no idea what’s going on. I’m curious to know why ours is taking so much longer than many of the other applicants with a similar timeline.

I managed to sign up and link both applications to our account and they both say they’re currently being processed. A big thanks to those who posted the step by step process.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar or have any insight as to what might be going on?

I think we’re just antsy and a bit envious of those of you have already received your AOR. I suppose that we just have to remain patient.

Last edited:

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019

I’m writing to see whether anyone else is in the same boat as us. Unlike many of you fortunate folks, we are still waiting to receive our AOR. Our timeline is as follows:

It’s been 73 days now and I have no idea what’s going on. I’m curious to know why ours is taking so much longer than many of the other applicants with a similar timeline.

I managed to sign up and link both applications to our account and they both say they’re currently being processed. A big thanks to those who posted the step by step process.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar or have any insight as to what might be going on?

I think we’re just antsy and a bit envious of those of you have already received your AOR. I suppose that we just have to remain patient.
What does it say on your eCAS?

eck6

Mar 21, 2018
What does it say on your eCAS?
It also says “In Process”. Specifically, the sponsorship application was received on Sept 5 and that they began processing it on Sept 27. It’s says the PR application was received Sept 5 and that’s it. No sign they have began processing it.

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Not yet I am just hoping we get it in this November
Probably yes. U will get ur medical request soon. I think my situation is different from u. I’m out of status and my passport is expired. So I just renew passport and waiting to be release on January 3 after that I’m going to send my passport.

xander88

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Probably yes. U will get ur medical request soon. I think my situation is different from u. I’m out of status and my passport is expired. So I just renew passport and waiting to be release on January 3 after that I’m going to send my passport.
When u get ur work permit just send them a copy and of ur new passport through a web form to ircc

PRapp2018

Nov 18, 2018
Hi, Quebec applicant here.
Here's my timeline, hoping to receive medical request and OWP soon.

Inland Application + OWP received : Sep 11
AOR received: Oct 6
Request for CSQ: Oct 15
CSQ approved: November 5
CSQ received : November 8

Good luck to all!

Reactions: Betabr

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018

I sent mine September 6 and received my application October 15 got Aor nov 1(not sure if that’s the aor) they gaved me application number.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018

Hi. I dont get it.
What is your concern?

If you managed to link your application you are good. You already have your application number and you already know that they are processing.

Aor is just a letter and very important to know if they started processing (and not sent the app back) which you already know.

Relax, not everyone receives this letter though.

Have a good day!!