+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018
This moment has come.

I almost got used to the idea that this process will take forever.

And suddenly - bams - "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation."

I guess this is what is called "golden email".

If you are like me, you didn't commit any crimes, you don't present any kind of threat to people or countries. So you just need to wait. It's just the bloody wait. Don't lose hope and - if you can afford it - don't put your life on pause or something just because this process is so unpredictable.

Some dates:
Medicals: June 4, 2018
AOR: September 11, 2018
... big long nothing ...
Remedicals: October 2, 2019
PPR: November 4, 2019

I ordered GCMS notes three times, the last one a week ago and only because I didn't sign the disclosure consent for the 2nd GCMS request. Don't repeat my mistake - sign the consent, or your data will come back all wiped out, for privacy purposes. :)

P.S. By the way, the application on canada.ca still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.", so it's not very informative. You need to order GCMS notes to get the current status.
wow !!! congratulations.... but please continue your statistics !!!!

Reactions: a7v

a7v

Star Member
May 15, 2019
but please continue your statistics !!!!
Haha the statistics improved today, I can promise you that. :)

Here is the link I use: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission

Basically, on Monday 23 weeks ago, 88 people were waiting for their PPRs.
Today, only 14 people are still waiting.
Which gives us average processing rate of (88 - 14) / 23 = 3.2 people per week.
If this rate persists, everyone will be done in 14 / 3.2 = 4.4 weeks, which is not really informative because now it's always "4 weeks remaining".

Still, over 84% of people waiting since 23 weeks ago got their PPRs, so the process is slowly coming along.

vel

Feb 9, 2013
Still no updates/movement on my application. Called CIC today and one of the agent told me the reviewing officer have requested to extend my medicals(since it's already expired a month ago).If the request was approved, it will be extended else I may get a new medical request(but really not sure when this is going to happen). I asked him about my eligibility(our first hurdle and really the big hurdle) is still under review.

BTW I got my BOWP approved last week. It took 5-6 weeks for BOWP to get approved.

vel

Feb 9, 2013
Update to my previous post. Today my application was updated and looks like my medicals were extended. Initially it was saying "You don't need medicals" once it was expired. But now it shows "You passed the medical exam"

Sabisingh1016

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
This moment has come.

I almost got used to the idea that this process will take forever.

And suddenly - bams - "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation."

I guess this is what is called "golden email".

If you are like me, you didn't commit any crimes, you don't present any kind of threat to people or countries. So you just need to wait. It's just the bloody wait. Don't lose hope and - if you can afford it - don't put your life on pause or something just because this process is so unpredictable.

Some dates:
Medicals: June 4, 2018
AOR: September 11, 2018
... big long nothing ...
Remedicals: October 2, 2019
PPR: November 4, 2019

I ordered GCMS notes three times, the last one a week ago and only because I didn't sign the disclosure consent for the 2nd GCMS request. Don't repeat my mistake - sign the consent, or your data will come back all wiped out, for privacy purposes. :)

P.S. By the way, the application on canada.ca still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.", so it's not very informative. You need to order GCMS notes to get the current status.
congrats.

Reactions: a7v

Walker jack

Oct 7, 2019
Hey guys, my Aor is sept 2018, i got no update from CIC at all for a year and now recently i got told by CIC agent that eligibility is recommended pass and background check is not started yet.
what shall i do.

Thatguy25

Nov 21, 2019
I am also waiting, AOR Sept 25, 2018, no updates from a long time, per last update (GCMS notes Aug end) eligibility is recommended pass (April) and background not started yet. Ordered CBSA notes as well but found nothing in that, in my last mail I was told pending in a queue for officer's review.
So been a long long wait.

Hoping something positive soon!

Reactions: a7v and Archavin89