+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Redbull19950204

Aug 6, 2019
Hi Folks,

Is there any possibility to be stuck in security screening after getting remedicals. My details are:

VO : CPC Ottawa
AOR : 8th Sep 2018
Meds : 02 Oct 2018
IP2: 19th Dec 2018
Eligibility was under review till 27th Sep 2019
Remeds request : 27th Sep 2019
ADR Received (IMM5406E) : 10th Oct 2019
ADR submitted: 14th Oct 2019
Remed Passed: 14th Oct 2019
Ghost Update: 22nd Oct 2019. (I called CIC to check if file was approved, but it says it was still in progress)

No update so far. I am now worried, if I am stuck in Security now. Is there anyone who got stuck in SS after remedical request.

Hi,
I am waiting after Remedicals. My eligibility is passed but "Security has not been initiated" as per their response to my webforms.

VO says my file is waiting for review by an officer.

Not sure what is happening

Valli

May 17, 2017
Sure..our only hope..Thank you so much
my bad.
received below reply from Ralph office. :(

as a result of the 2019 federal election on October 21st, our office is no longer in a position to obtain information for you.

The authority vested in a sitting Member of Parliament immediately terminates when he/she is not re-elected.

I wish you every success with your application.

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Have you travelled to any gulf countries??
No, I’ve never traveled to gulf countries. I called CIC and they said that eligibility and security are passed but criminality is still in process for my spouse (mine is passed). The agent said that this is because they asked for his biometrics after remedicals passed. I don’t need biometrics but my husband has dual citizenship and people from his country need to take biometrics. I don’t know why they did not ask for it at the beginning of the process in 2018, because we paid everything upfront. So, just have to wait, don’t know for how much time.

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
Have u received Any response from Goodale office??
sadly this is the response :
as a result of the 2019 federal election on October 21st, our office is no longer in a position to obtain information for you.

The authority vested in a sitting Member of Parliament immediately terminates when he/she is not re-elected.

Reactions: Archavin89

a7v

Star Member
May 15, 2019
One month ago, on October 2, I passed medicals - but nothing changed since then, no PPR, no nothing.

On the other hand, only 105 people are waiting, as compared to 850+ half a year ago.

Also, only 4 people of the August 2018 AOR people are still waiting, compared to 15 people of September 2018 AOR.

So hopefully this journey will start to end for the majority of us in a month or so.

Reactions: kzeed12

apurvchaudhary

May 25, 2018
One month ago, on October 2, I passed medicals - but nothing changed since then, no PPR, no nothing.

On the other hand, only 105 people are waiting, as compared to 850+ half a year ago.

Also, only 4 people of the August 2018 AOR people are still waiting, compared to 15 people of September 2018 AOR.

So hopefully this journey will start to end for the majority of us in a month or so.
Same here buddy...
Completed 13 months today.
Done with my Re-medicals on 7th Oct'19.
Medical status changed to "You do not need a medical exam" on 14th Oct,19.
No update after that.

Reactions: a7v and kzeed12

Sabisingh1016

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
Same here buddy...
Completed 13 months today.
Done with my Re-medicals on 7th Oct'19.
Medical status changed to "You do not need a medical exam" on 14th Oct,19.
No update after that.
Have u got ur remedicals done before request of it. Or u did it after being requested so to do? Kindly reply.

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Aos 5 sept 2018

RR for pof since Dec 2018

Security not started!

Medical expired August 9 2019

No movement at all! About to start my 15th month!

Hopeless!!!

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018

Me too waiting after passing remedicals on Oct 14th. I called CIC and came to know that the criminality is under progress. What is the diff btw criminality and security check?

a7v

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Me too waiting after passing remedicals on Oct 14th. I called CIC and came to know that the criminality is under progress. What is the diff btw criminality and security check?
No idea, really - to me they are just "the reasons why we have to wait". Probably "criminality" is about e.g. having robbed banks or so, while "security" is about e.g. having HIV or something.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Criminality is associated with pcc - police clearance certificate and any criminal checks whereas security is a 360 international security risk check with all international security agencies - interpol to check for any security threat or association to terrorism or international security risk..
Criminality check if they are really working on takes way less time compared to security usually carried out by third party organizations and time consuming -

a7v

Star Member
May 15, 2019
This moment has come.

I almost got used to the idea that this process will take forever.

And suddenly - bams - "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation."

I guess this is what is called "golden email".

If you are like me, you didn't commit any crimes, you don't present any kind of threat to people or countries. So you just need to wait. It's just the bloody wait. Don't lose hope and - if you can afford it - don't put your life on pause or something just because this process is so unpredictable.

Some dates:
Medicals: June 4, 2018
AOR: September 11, 2018
... big long nothing ...
Remedicals: October 2, 2019
PPR: November 4, 2019

I ordered GCMS notes three times, the last one a week ago and only because I didn't sign the disclosure consent for the 2nd GCMS request. Don't repeat my mistake - sign the consent, or your data will come back all wiped out, for privacy purposes. :)

P.S. By the way, the application on canada.ca still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.", so it's not very informative. You need to order GCMS notes to get the current status.

Last edited:

apurvchaudhary

May 25, 2018
This moment has come.

I almost got used to the idea that this process will take forever.

And suddenly - bams - "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation."

I guess this is what is called "golden email".

If you are like me, you didn't commit any crimes, you don't present any kind of threat to people or countries. So you just need to wait. It's just the bloody wait. Don't lose hope and - if you can afford it - don't put your life on pause or something just because this process is so unpredictable.

Some dates:
Medicals: June 4, 2018
AOR: September 11, 2018
... big long nothing ...
Remedicals: October 2, 2019
PPR: November 4, 2019

I ordered GCMS notes three times, the last one a week ago and only because I didn't sign the disclosure consent for the 2nd GCMS request. Don't repeat my mistake - sign the consent, or your data will come back all wiped out, for privacy purposes. :)

P.S. By the way, the application on canada.ca still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.", so it's not very informative. You need to order GCMS notes to get the current status.
Congratulations buddy.

Reactions: a7v

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018
Criminality is associated with pcc - police clearance certificate and any criminal checks whereas security is a 360 international security risk check with all international security agencies - interpol to check for any security threat or association to terrorism or international security risk..
Criminality check if they are really working on takes way less time compared to security usually carried out by third party organizations and time consuming -
Thank you .. we were asked for new PCC along with our remedicals request and we have submitted it .